~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

V-day and gender confirmation/3D scan in two days time!! eek! can't wait to see baby again! It's gonna be a surprise for hubby! hehe!

It's been so quiet over here the last few days! How is everyone doing? Anyone have any special holiday plans? None for me... my DH and I will be home for Christmas and are excited to have a nice day together. We'll go over to his brothers house that night for dinner but otherwise will just be home! Hope everyone is having a nice week!

I've been quiet cos DS has been ill. Turns out he has an ear infection so at least he's on antibiotics now.
For Christmas, we'll be waking up at home then going to my IL's around midday for presents then dinner. Then we'll leave around 5.30 to do the hour drive to my parent's to have a buffet with them. We stay over & have Christmas Day no. 2 on Boxing Day & stay over again :) Then DH & I are having a night away in a hotel for our wedding anniversary & DS is staying with my parents for an extra night. Lots to look forward to! :D
I'm totally done for Christmas too & I finished work yesterday until 6th Jan :happydance: Looking forward to having some R&R. I'm so tired due to DS & me both being ill recently.

V-day and gender confirmation/3D scan in two days time!! eek! can't wait to see baby again! It's gonna be a surprise for hubby! hehe!

Yay!! Congratulations! That will be such a nice surprise for your husband!

Urgh! I've just realised I have my GTT on Sunday :-( Not looking forward to trying to keep DD entertained in the hospital waiting room for 2hrs, never mind the test itself!

Urgh! I've just realised I have my GTT on Sunday :-( Not looking forward to trying to keep DD entertained in the hospital waiting room for 2hrs, never mind the test itself!

I've got mine on the 17th Jan :( Best lay off the Christmas choccies til it's done :haha: I've purposely booked mine for a Friday when I'm usually at work so childcare is sorted because I could no way take DS with me. He was bad enough at my 12 week scan! And apparently they're funny about you moving. You have to sit still which would not happen with DS with me. He doesn't know how to sit still :dohh:

Why are you having to have one, if you don't mind me asking? I've got to have it cos DS was over 4kg at birth. I'm pretty annoyed about it tbh. I didn't have any symptoms whatsoever so there's no way I had GD. But according to the midwives here, the only reason you can possibly have a 'big' baby is if you had GD :nope: They've got me over a barrel though cos said if I refused it, I couldn't have my home birth cos there could be undetected complications :growlmad:

It's a pain! I was just given an appt and when I rang to try and change it I was only given the option of the 27th which is another day OH will be at work!
I have to have it as my BMI is 1 point over the 'cut off', I had one last time but have lost 3 stone since then so was hoping to get away with it this time around.
I'm hoping for a home birth, or at least at the birth centre (if baby stays the right way up) so didn't want to refuse it either.
I had three growth scans with my daughter as they were worried she was big and she was 6lb 7oz!!

Where I am every woman takes the GD test, regardless of risk factors. I have like, zero risk factors, but they still make me take it! What a pain. Ah well, better safe than sorry. I think mine is at my 28 week appointment, but I don't know.

SazzleR, your Christmas plans sound lovely. We're just doing Christmas morning here at home, and then off to Grandma's house for a very casual early dinner. I still have wrapping and ONE more gift to buy first, though!

It was my v day yesterday :happydance: can't believe how quick times going

It's been so quiet over here the last few days! How is everyone doing? Anyone have any special holiday plans? None for me... my DH and I will be home for Christmas and are excited to have a nice day together. We'll go over to his brothers house that night for dinner but otherwise will just be home! Hope everyone is having a nice week!

We're at home Christmas day just the 3 (or is that 4?!) of us which will be lovely. We're visiting family the days around christmas which should be fun as well. We've booked a 4d scan january the 11th so that'll be something to look forward to when christmas is over xx

Are you all talking about glucose testing?> If so I was hoping I could drink the stuff and go to work and come back in an hour. Do they not let you do that? I saw someone mention not being allowed to move. ???

Are you all talking about glucose testing?> If so I was hoping I could drink the stuff and go to work and come back in an hour. Do they not let you do that? I saw someone mention not being allowed to move. ???

The letter I had said I had to stay in the waiting room area of the hospital and that moving around too much can affect the results of the test? x

It does make sense to not move too much or your body will burn the glucose and give a better result. I would ask yoour clinic the specifics, I plan on just chilling in the waiting room for an hour.

Where I am every woman takes the GD test, regardless of risk factors. I have like, zero risk factors, but they still make me take it! What a pain. Ah well, better safe than sorry. I think mine is at my 28 week appointment, but I don't know.

Are you in the US? I've heard everyone has to have it there. Seems OTT to me but every system has their ways I suppose! Am I right in thinking that you guys have the 1 hour test & if you fail that you have the 3 hour one? We just have the 2 hour one here.

The letter I had said I had to stay in the waiting room area of the hospital and that moving around too much can affect the results of the test? x

Yeah, that's what my letter says too. Although from the research I've done, sitting still can actually give you an artificially high reading cos you're not doing your usual tasks. So I plan to be jiggling my legs a lot & making frequent trips to the loo :haha:

It's a pain! I was just given an appt and when I rang to try and change it I was only given the option of the 27th which is another day OH will be at work!
I have to have it as my BMI is 1 point over the 'cut off', I had one last time but have lost 3 stone since then so was hoping to get away with it this time around.
I'm hoping for a home birth, or at least at the birth centre (if baby stays the right way up) so didn't want to refuse it either.
I had three growth scans with my daughter as they were worried she was big and she was 6lb 7oz!!

Urgh, that's so frustrating for you! That's a fab weight loss though, well done :thumbup:
They're threatening growth scans for me this time :( I didn't ever measure big last time. I think I just grow big babies! I'm not exactly small myself! I think so much in antenatal care can be over cautious. It's all natural, I'd just like to be left alone!!

Ya sazzle that is what I was thinking too. I don't just sit around on my job I am on the move. Owell I'll ask my doctor at my next visit.

Here in the USA we do the 1hr and yes if we fail we then do the 2hr and everyone has to do the 1hr

Yeah, it's not optional here in the US. My Dr. gave me the drink to take home at 24 week appointment and told me to drink it 45 minutes before my appointment at 28. They said they would take my blood 15 minutes after I get to the appointment. I had no risk factors the first pregnancy and had to do it at 28 weeks. With my second, I was on metformin for insulin resistance and PCOS, so was tested at 12, 20, and 28 weeks. Same this time. I'm so used to it by now that it doesn't bother me.

SazzleR, your Christmas plans sound lovely. We're just doing Christmas morning here at home, and then off to Grandma's house for a very casual early dinner. I still have wrapping and ONE more gift to buy first, though!

Thanks for reminding me!! I need to finish wrapping DHs presents before he finishes work for the holidays today!

It was my v day yesterday :happydance: can't believe how quick times going

Congratulations!! :hugs:

In the US here, and yeah- we do the 3 hour if we fail the one hour. Which I did with my son, barely! and the 3 hour sucks so bad. I was about to puke and they told me if I did I would have to return. :sick: I didn't and I passed, thank God!

I got my letter, I just have to go to the lab place anytime between 26-28 weeks, like a walk-in appt. :shrug: I just had V-day yesterday! :)

The glucose test isn't required, as I've opted out. However, I have to test four times per day with a glucometer for a week or so to evaluate my blood sugar levels after eating. I failed a glucose test, the same one actually, about 10 years ago in high school as I have severe hypoglycemia. I was sick for nearly a week, and I will not do that to myself again and never do that with such precious cargo on-board. I failed it then, no way I could pass it now because I have the same problems!

My doctor's office didn't even blink an eye when I said I would not do it. I go to the doc on Monday, and assume that is when they will tell me exactly when to test and when to bring the results back, etc.

In the US here, and yeah- we do the 3 hour if we fail the one hour. Which I did with my son, barely! and the 3 hour sucks so bad. I was about to puke and they told me if I did I would have to return. :sick: I didn't and I passed, thank God!

I got my letter, I just have to go to the lab place anytime between 26-28 weeks, like a walk-in appt. :shrug: I just had V-day yesterday! :)

Congrats on reaching V-Day! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->