~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

I don't think we need to buy a single thing, since we already have everything from the other 3 kids! :D All I have to do is go through a bunch of storage bins and wash and put aside newborn clothes of each gender. I'm becoming more and more convinced it's a boy, though!!

SO MUCH TO DO. I have a lot I'm reusing, like all my son's stuff that's okay to use. Bouncer, swing, crib, etc. I also have to transition my DS over to a toddler bed, freaking out a bit. He starts in his own bed every night but gets in with me around 3 AM, so I'm worried about how that's gonna work when I'm up with new LO a bunch. He's a light sleeper too so I know it will disturb him.

I still need clothes, bedding- and I want some girl stuff even though I'm using my sons of things like- blankets, burp cloths, receiving blankets. I literally have FIFTY receiving blankets for my son but they're all for a boy so I want a couple for her.

I still need clothes, bedding- and I want some girl stuff even though I'm using my sons of things like- blankets, burp cloths, receiving blankets. I literally have FIFTY receiving blankets for my son but they're all for a boy so I want a couple for her.

I use DDs' pink burp clothes and blankets for DS at home, but bought cute blue sets for when we're out and about. I use pink crib sheets in a pinch, too. He doesn't mind! :haha:

I use DDs' pink burp clothes and blankets for DS at home, but bought cute blue sets for when we're out and about. I use pink crib sheets in a pinch, too. He doesn't mind! :haha:

That's my plan!! :haha: Want a few just to have when we're out but I know she will be covered in blue! :dohh: I know I will definitely acquire some pink throughout her life, but I also want some newborn stuff because our plan is to have 3 kids. If my #3 is also a girl, she will have to have blue too. :haha:

We have most of the bigger items

Car seat
Pram
Baby bath with top and tail bowl
Change bag
Bouncer
Cot bed
Moses basket
Play mat
Toys (although will probably buy a few new rattles for her, Callum says he wants to choose her a few toys)

We still need more nappies, wipes, changing mat etc but big stuff is got xx

We kept most of it that we had for Callum, we need clothes though but are waiting for 4d scan next saturday to double check its definitely a girl! Xx

Pink, blue, babies don't care! We'll reuse everything we were saving for our sisters (since we thought we were done) and make use of all the gear our friends have promised us. There's probably not anything but a carseat, diapers and wipes that we really need.

Except that we'll need to move my son to the guest bedroom downstairs and set up a nursery eventually...not looking forward to that. Luckily inlaws just moved into town and are willing to help with everything. So glad we get along!

I feel thoroughly unprepared! We have everything from DS but it's all packed away in the loft/garage. Before I can get any of it out, I need to move DS out of the nursery. That means transforming the guest room into a bedroom for a little boy. So that needs decorating & we need to buy furniture. Once DS is out of the nursery, I can then get all the baby things back out & sort out all the clothes etc. I have a list of a few things I want to buy. Top of that list is a nursing chair. I didn't get one last time as I wasn't sure if I'd use it. But the cheap chair we bought for the nursery got used every single night so I'm treating myself this time :) I'm only going to wash DS's newborn clothes until baby comes out. I might get to go out & buy pink, you never know! As for blankets & muslins, I'll use the blue ones at home too. I'll just a few pink bits for when we're out & about if I do have a girl.

Is everyone set up for April? Have you made any big purchases lately, or what are you planning on getting next?

I feel unprepared but when I think about it I don't think I'm doing too badly. This is our first so I guess not knowing what to expect is messing with my head! We spent a little while today setting up the nursery & putting things away. We're going to buy the wardrobe for that room tomorrow & take the double bed out. My in-laws have the crib & moses basket from my godson so we're going to ask about collecting those this week. We have the little crib the baby will be in at first in our own room & we have the travel system, bath, clothes, bibs, nappies, wipes etc. So excited!! :happydance:

We have all of the big items and lots of neutral newborn clothes but the room that will be the nursery is a bit of a disaster! It needs a new window, as well as decorating etc and is jam packed full of clothes that DD has grown out of, as well as cot bedding, sleeping bags, a billion shoes!
The cot is still in DD's bedroom as there's just no room to move it out. I've actually booked a day off work on Wednesday while she's at nursery to start moving everything out and sorting through it as if bump turns blue I'm planning to sell a lot of it-we'll need the cash, and space!
I'd also like to paint a mural on the wall as I did it in Erin's room-just need to decide on a theme!

DH insists on waiting until after the shower to purchase much. We have a travel system, bouncer, high chair, a blanket, burp cloth, blue booties, two pacifiers, a rattle, and a few outfits. I know we need more blankets etc, those items were gifts.
I just had quite the moment. DH and I were getting a little frisky :blush: and I sat up for a moment and he points at my shirt saying "you leaked!" :wacko: I got so embarrassed and sad that we stopped. I know it is a good sign, but man, I wanted to crawl under a rock and cry :cry: !

God, we barely have a thing, some nappies and breast pads (offer, the breast pads in particular i remember being AMAZING at first, they are bulky but very soft, went onto thinner ones later...funny what you remember, so snapped them up when i saw them, the nappies a friend was selling as their son had grown out of that size) and I was given an electric breast pump (woohoo).

we have picked a cot....umm.....will be buying a moses basket and travel system at some point?!! Looked through sons clothes and bought a few sleepsuits and vests and muslins in the sale.

that's all we are buying?!! What have i forgotten?? the pram is causing worry as it's going to be costly (and take up space) but otherwise...a basket, a couple of boobs....don't think we need anything else do we? (DO we?? :/ )

We're collecting diapers from Craigslist, OfferUp, etc that people's babies outgrew before the packages were even open. We have been paying half price for them! :D I remember using way more diapers in the early days than I thought we would.

On a side note, Old Navy is having a clearance on a bunch of cute maternity stuff. It's online only, but 25% extra on TOP pf clearance prices today!! :happydance: I bought 6 shirts and sweaters because DH told me I am starting to look fat. Well, his actual word was "explosive." Idiot.

Good idea to buy diapers off of craiglist! I know there are groups on facebook like that too!!! I am excited to say I am finally in double digits!!! I can't wait to be in the third trimester!! Does that start at 27 or 28 weeks?!!? I kinda want to say 27 just so I am in it faster hahaha!!

Amcole- if you want to be technical (since the 40 weeks divides out evenly), you're in your 3rd tri at 26+4 at 4:00pm. Most people just round and say 27 or 28...but I like being exact lol. And congrats on double digits!

I did my glucose testing Friday :thumbup: yay all done with that :happydance:!! I Hit 27weeks tomorrow and this morning OH said She was kickin' me in the back last night I guess while I was alseep I turned over towards him and my belly was against his back and Kynsley decided to kick daddy lol He said she was really really active because she was kickin' really hard he was suprise I was able to sleep through it <3 Getting excited 13 weeks till due date. Can't believe how fast it's gone by for us. Hope everyone's day is a absolutely wonderful one!!!:flower:

Attachments

• bump27weeks.jpg
    bump27weeks.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 5
Ohh nice I am definitely going to go with the 26+4 days haha that will make me int he 3rd trimester next Friday!!! Wooohoo makes me excited lol!!! Thank you!! :) Hope you are doing great!!

Amcole- if you want to be technical (since the 40 weeks divides out evenly), you're in your 3rd tri at 26+4 at 4:00pm. Most people just round and say 27 or 28...but I like being exact lol. And congrats on double digits!

Hey everyone! I had a doctor's appoint a few weeks ago and the doctor wanted to schedule me in for another ultrasound to see if baby boy was still measuring big (82%). Has anyone heard of this? She said everything was fine and not to worry about a thing she was just curious if he is still measuring big or is slowing down a bit on his growth! I have my next appointment on the 17th and I think that is when I will get scheduled for the ultrasound.

Also, I own an online baby and kids boutique and we are having a massive sale tomorrow (shipping to US and Canada only). 50% off your purchase with code NEWYEAR (excluding vintage headbands). Thought I would share since it is our biggest sale we've ever done! https://chicpipsqueak.com

I did my glucose testing Friday :thumbup: yay all done with that :happydance:!! I Hit 27weeks tomorrow and this morning OH said She was kickin' me in the back last night I guess while I was alseep I turned over towards him and my belly was against his back and Kynsley decided to kick daddy lol He said she was really really active because she was kickin' really hard he was suprise I was able to sleep through it <3 Getting excited 13 weeks till due date. Can't believe how fast it's gone by for us. Hope everyone's day is a absolutely wonderful one!!!:flower:

Aw how cute!

Anyone else started feeling crappy again? I've started to feel a bit nauseas again and am tired quite a bit (I'm on iron tablets but still feeling tired), I've got a cold though so not sure if its down to that or just general third tri stuff? xx

Those leg warmers are SO cute, Kjconard.

Nats, sorry you're feeling bad! :( I'm starting to just feel big. And I've started doing the treadmill and I can't go very fast and I huff and puff lol. Also I feel so lazy, I'm a SAHM and I've been napping with my LO every day, and I still crawl into bed at night. I bet it's your cold running you down. :hugs: Pretty sure my DH passed his cold onto my LO, and I'm doing everything I can to avoid it! Now that LO has it, I'm probably gonna have it soon. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->