~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Glad you passed Bookworm!

Thanks girls. She is already a little fatty from the sounds of it! My tummy feels massive too at the moment! It'll be nice to see her on the growth scans again, just think its a bit much considering she is measuring well and babies can come out different sizes so just cos Callum was small doesn't mean she will be too but I am glad they're keeping an eye on her and checking shes ok.

Yeah Reno I am getting excited now, went and bought baby stuff yesterday (mostly clothes as all the stuff we'd kept was mostly blue!), its strange to think there's potentially only around 10 - 14 weeks left now :) xx

I'm officially on my 12 hour fast now :( Urgh.

I hate how concerned all MWs are with the size of babies, Nats. I totally agree that one could be a totally different size. I really believe that babies don't come until they reach their optimum size as set by their genes.

The whole size preoccupation is why I'm having to have this bloody GTT cos DS was what they class as a 'big baby' (over 4kg). Apparently the only reason you can have a baby of that size is if you had undetected GD :shrug: With zero other symptoms, I very, very much doubt I did/do. I think I just have big babies. It runs in our family. I was born at 38w due to my mum being induced with pre-eclampsia & I was 8lb 4oz! DS was born at 41w so it's not surprising he was big with my genes & that extra baking! They've mentioned possible growth scans to me too :(

I agree that babies just come in different sizes! I also don't think it's a giant indicator for size later on in life. I was 9lbs10oz when I was born, and have always been thin (but tall), while DH was 6lbs at birth and is quite tall/large. You just never know! My kids were all born at 38 weeks and were 7lbs4oz, 7lbs9oz, and 8lbs4oz. I hate to think if I carry to term or go over how big they'd get! I think my timer just goes DING when they're big and strong enough to come out. Our bodies are remarkably smart.

Quick question: what kind of car seats is everyone getting? We used a Maxi Cosi Mico for all 3 babies, but it's expired now. :( It's time to buy a new seat for this baby, but I don't know what kind to buy! I don't like how the Mico only goes to 22 pounds, so I'm looking for one that goes to 30. Any reviews?

I am getting so excited/nervous. I am a first time mommy and feel like I still have so much to prepare for. I know I will get a lot of stuff from my baby shower, but still feel so far behind lol I can't believe that I am practically in 3rd trimester it is going by so fast!!

Hey ladies! Hope you all are well! :) I had my glucose challenge test (1 hour test) today and I really hope I pass. I had to remind the tech doing the draw that I needed drawn NOW because she forgot about it. :dohh: She seemed to surprised by my tiny veins (they are not that small, especially the one I gave her), I directed her to my best vein and she still had to dig around (I prefer to be stuck once) and now I am bruising :wacko: I better cross my fingers I pass, otherwise the 3 hour will be absolutely a nightmare if she struggles with my best vein.

Hope your fast and GTT goes well Sazzle :hugs:

Very true Wamommy, couldnt agree more. Weve gone with this car seat, its got great reviews and was half price in the January sales -

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9109294.htm

Time is flying by Sunshine, im sure you'll get lots from your shower though :)

Fingers crossed for you Azure girl! Xx

GTT all over & done with. Thank goodness! I was very annoyed that I was 20 mins late going in for my first set of bloods though. Don't keep a hungry pregnant woman waiting :nope: The two hour wait went really quickly as I took a pile of mock exam papers to mark :thumbup: Just have to wait for the results now. They'll ring me at the start of next week if I have GD, otherwise I'll just get a letter. FX for a letter! Don't want to be under the hospital for my care :( & that'll be the case if I do have GD.

wamommy, we have the Maxi Cosi Pebble from when DS was small do that'll be getting used again.

caitlenc - Congrats on passing the test! :thumbup:

momofone - Delighted to hear your scan went well! Bad news about the chocolate though - wish I'd read this half an hour ago! :blush:

azure girl - Those pictures are so adorable!

sunshine - Well done on reaching your milestones & for passing your test!

Sazzle - Good luck with your results! And good thinking with the marking while waiting!

Went in for my appointment today...everything looks great for baby. But the lab that did my GD test hadn't sent the results over. They called the lab and they don't know where the results are! So a week and a half later I'm still waiting. OB office is going to work with them to track it down and give me a call today or Monday. Oh well. In happier news, I have my first shower this weekend! Really looking forward to spending some time with friends and family!

question- any of your LOs head down yet?

I don't know, honestly! He/she was butt down at my 19 week scan, but goodness knows how many flips have gone on since then. I suppose my OB will tell my when they start doing internals at 36 weeks?

Hope you ladies pass your GD!!

And I hope you are enjoying the showers! My family decided one shower per mom, especially if you have kids super close in age like mine. My cousin with a 10 year old boy had a shower for her newborn girl, but for the most part we just do one so I'm not having another.

wamommy- I have a graco snugride 30 (metropolis). Here's a link: https://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/snugride-classic-connect-30-infant-car-seat-metropolis.aspx actually I bought the entire "travel system" for my son and the seat hasn't expired, so the car seat hooks onto the stroller until they are big enough to sit in the stroller.

So I had an ultrasound today for little miss! There is a school in my town that does them for $20, but students are performing the ultrasound for practice. I felt kind of bad for my sonographer, she was SO sweet but baby was just SO uncooperative. Basically she has her face buried in the placenta and the cord floating around in front of her mouth. :dohh: So this girl spent a good 1/2 hour trying to get us 3D face shots. I think students are more caring during ultrasounds because they aren't desensitized to it yet. She managed to get a couple of face shots though, it was so exciting seeing her! My DH thinks she has his nose (kinda wide...) :haha:.

I think the 3D ultrasounds are a bit distorted and it won't look quite the way it seems, but we will see. I have my official ultrasound on the 30th and she was uncooperative at this one and the last one, so I doubt she'll be better at the one on the 30th. :( And I don't think the ultrasound technician will spend as much time as the student did to try and get her into a better position.

https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/charlee_zpsa580e5ae.jpg
https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/charlee4_zpsb01c45c8.jpg
https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/charlee2_zpsfd9d31bb.jpg
https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/charlee5_zpsbdcca39b.jpg

My little girl was in the exact same position at this ultrasound that she was in at the 20 week one. Lazy thing hasn't moved. :haha: I'm a bit worried about breech though, hoping that isn't the case. Right now she's transverse across my belly with her head to my right and her feet to my left.

Oops, one last pic. https://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q575/Ashleigh_Smith8412/charlee3_zpsd715691e.jpg

this was the most of her face we got but it was a strange angle on her nose and forehead

Mine lays transverse most of the time, he will try head down for a few minutes, but hasn't chosen it to be the most comfortable and moves back! He has a few more weeks I suppose.

love the pics bookworm!!! she is precious!! I have no idea how my LO is positioned i feel kicks and jabs everywhere now a days so no telling... I have an appt in a few weeks and hopefully my doctor can tell me then!!

@azure girl- do you feel him go back and forth? I have no idea what mine is doing in there.

Thanks sunshine! I can't tell what mine is doing either, they told me at 20 weeks and they told me again today and it was the same- so I assume she hasn't moved?! Wish I knew. My biggest fear is breech and csection.

I have the same fear.... at 20 week ultrasound he was breech... not sure if I will get another ultrasound, but am planning on getting a 3d one with tax returns... I'm impatient and want to see his cute little face (if he will cooperate lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->