April/may babies off 2016.... catch up help and and advice xx

Hi, thanks for setting this page up Emma.

I'm Rebekah, and I live in Ayrshire, Scotland. I'm 38 later this month. Erik was born on the evening of the 23rd of April weighing 7lbs 13. He was delivered via emergency csection just before I went on to have a amniotic fluid embolism. After 6 hours of emergency works, 12 pints of blood transfusion, dialysis and an emergency hysterectomy to stop the hemorraghing I was transfered to intensive care. I'm still in hospital (now on the maternity ward) but hoping to be getting home soon.

Erik is the result of 10 yrs TTC and 4 IVF/Icsi attempts.

Due to the trauma my body has suffered and the healing still to be done we are bottle feeding.

Xx
And isn't he beautiful. Congratulations!
I hope you're feeling better soon x

Any of u ladies got a baby hu as there day and nights totally mixed
In the day shes a dream..sleeps no problem in her basket...3 hours feed sleeps again

Nights are makin me crazy shes feeding constant wants to be awake and does not settle.shes not happy at night ar all

Anyone ?? X
Oh gosh, no thankfully. But when i bought her home it was school holidays and i had a very loud house so i guess she just got it from the start thankfully. I hope she adjusts soon u must be exhausted!

Day times Erik settles much easier after a feed but at night he's started getting clingy and doesn't like to be put down.

Plan is coming together for me to escape hospital and head home Monday. Can't wait!!

Esme sleeps better during the day than at night too. She finds it hard to settle again after her night time bottles. Just got to keep persevering!

Bekah, that's great news. I hope you're feeling much better now.

Erica also settles more easily in the day than at night, although I'm not sure if that's because I'm more focused on making sure she gets a full feed and brings up any wind during the day. At night, I can easily drift off while she's feeding, then realise that she's no longer latched on and I'm not sure how long she's actually fed for. My boys were really bad with day/night confusion early on though, and I think all you can do is make sure the conditions are right for the time of day to help them get used to it (dark and quiet with minimal interaction at night, and a bit more lively during the day).

Same here! Archer settles easily in the day but between 6-10pm he is restless and wants to feed constantly. I think it's quite normal until they start realising the difference between day & night. I remember my 1st ds being the same!

Phew so totally normal then ...

She loves to sleep in the day..

And loves to poo at night :)

Esme has spent most of today asleep! She does have a cold though bless her :(

Same here! Archer settles easily in the day but between 6-10pm he is restless and wants to feed constantly. I think it's quite normal until they start realising the difference between day & night. I remember my 1st ds being the same!

Funny I mentioned Freya doing the same to the health visitor today and she said breastfed babies do this because in the evening they have to work harder to get the milk, something to do with hormone levels and milk supply being lower than in the morning.

Funny I mentioned Freya doing the same to the health visitor today and she said breastfed babies do this because in the evening they have to work harder to get the milk, something to do with hormone levels and milk supply being lower than in the morning.

That's interesting to know thanks Hun!

Hi Emma :)
Nice to see you had your little girl, she's gorgeous! Look at that hair and 10.6 Pounds wow!!

I'm Rachael, 38, I have three boys 17, 12, and three weeks! Crazy age difference :) Mateo was born on April 15 weighing 6.8lbs, he came out so fast there was no Doctor in the room, very dramatic!

Beka78 hoping you are home soon! You have been through so much, more than I could imagine, but he's perfect! Congrats and hope you are both home and comfy soon xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 6
Hey ladies 😁

I am still here just had a rough few days. Two boys got a vomiting bug it was horrible up all night puking they couldn't even hold down water and I have v bad mastitis. Got to doc yesterday who think ice had it a while as its quite bad gave me antibiotics.

Emily generally feeds every 2 hours from one side but sometimes cluster feeds often in evening. Sleeps 4 hours at night den maybe 2 or 3 before next feed about 7-8am but last few nights since I got the mastitis whether it's related or not when she wakes at 3 or 4 for night feed it takes and hour of on off feeding den a half hour to an hour of being put in the cot and out for a 5 min feed back to cot about 2-3 times so nearly 2 hours in total. Been so exhausted last 2 mornings that after the 7-8am feed I've kept her in the bed andvweve had another nice 2 hours snooze together otherwise she is wide awake after 7-8am feed but back to school tomorrow so well be up and out after that feed.

Just need to shift this mastitis now and we'll be flying it!

I'm late here girls! Sorry and so glad to be keeping in touch with you all !!

Here's my baby he is now 1mth and 5days old already ?!

Looking forward to watch our little ones grow up and out and see the milestones together and the mood swings and hormones from us mummy's too :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 5
Just now making it over here. I was distracted with a new book. :haha: Hope everyone is well!

:flower:
Hi Everyone, Here is baby Beatrice at about 8 days. She is now 2 weeks old and has a nice crop of baby acne on her forehead. Her hands went through a zombie-peely stage but are looking better now. She is definitely different from my DS in some ways - actually seems to be an easier baby. I think she is already sleeping for longer sessions at night and I don't feel quite so spaced out as a result of lack of sleep. She is keen on nursing and makes the same piglet noises when she is hungry that her brother did.

Bekah - I am in awe of what a high price you have had to pay - in addition to the 10 year TTC journey, that is - - wow. I can almost imagine the emergency c-section because it almost happened to me first time around. However, I had never heard of this very terrible and rare complication called amniotic fluid embolism but it sounds so serious that it is lucky you are still here to tell us about it. To have such bleeding and damage to your other organs and to then have an emergency hysterectomy to top it off. Its incredible. I hope you are getting all the support you need. Remember you are entitled to feel ambivalent about motherhood even in the best of times. :hugs:

Attachments

• baby b lavender.jpg
    baby b lavender.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 5
Glad you ladies are all doing okay :)

Freya will be four weeks this week and it's gone scarily fast. Breastfeeding is going amazing and she's such a happy baby.

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/3B0342DF-EF47-4982-AE63-B89704AFB93B_zpssyhfw98p.jpg

It does make me sad how fast time is flying :(

Hey ladies!

Thanks for the thread Emma :)

Guys I just want to talk about my situation a month after giving birth (I made a thread in the postnatal section for advice) .. I'm still in pain a month after birth :( the wounded area still stings when going toilet so I had an apt yesterday at a perineal clinic (it's a new clinic) and the lady had a look and said I've developed something called granulation tissue? She said she will use silver nitrate to basically burn it off! I asked if it would hurt and she said yes but only a little bit... Let me just say I cried in pain! She had to hold me.. Once she done one area she said she go to the other parts that needed it but I refused! She's made me a follow up on the 23rd.

I've been doing a lot of googling and found some ladies have experienced the same and had to have it repeated. It still hurts when I pee and I kinda wish I just let her get it over and done with but it hurts so bad! I'm so upset and wondering if I'll ever feel the same again...will I ever be able to go toilet or even just sit pain free?

I had an episiotomy with my first and the healing process was straight forward and I had no issues! This time around I've had nothing but problems :cry:

Sorry about the moan, hope everyone else and their babies are well x

Babyjan I'm so sorry u are in so much pain! That's so unfair :( I have no advice, but I'm sure it will go away in time. It sounds horrible though! I just have terrible constipation and hemmoriods that burn and bleed. Giving birth is so hard on our Lady bits :( I also have a damaged nerve from a IV attempt that still hurts when I use my hand. How's ur baby doing though?

Lots of April babies with hair here :)

Bekka how are you? Are you home? Is your body recovering? Hope ur able to enjoy ur little man!

Oh babyjan that must make you scared to go to the toilet. Is there anything they could give you to help through the procedure? Gas and air perhaps or anaesthetise the area? When I had the staples removed they used instilagel on the area. It felt cold and is an anaesthetic type gel. Won't be easy going back for the next round but maybe if they could do something to help ease the pain it would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->