April/may babies off 2016.... catch up help and and advice xx

We made it home yesterday and am so glad to be here. So lovely to get back into our own surroundings.

Our local social team have been out and there's going to be someone coming in over the next two weeks to give me a couple hours break each day to look after Erik for me so I can catch up on sleep or have a soak etc. All helps with the recovery time and me getting back on my feet properly.

As bad as it's been, I'm looking forward to being able to drive again and getting out and about with Erik to start our adventures.

Anyone else look at their baby and just think 'I made that'. I can't get over how gorgeous and precious he is.

Oh babyjan that must make you scared to go to the toilet. Is there anything they could give you to help through the procedure? Gas and air perhaps or anaesthetise the area? When I had the staples removed they used instilagel on the area. It felt cold and is an anaesthetic type gel. Won't be easy going back for the next round but maybe if they could do something to help ease the pain it would help.

This is exactly what I was thinking! Anything even gas and air whilst they do it. I will ask her at my next apt if I can be given anything because it really is pure torture

We made it home yesterday and am so glad to be here. So lovely to get back into our own surroundings.

Our local social team have been out and there's going to be someone coming in over the next two weeks to give me a couple hours break each day to look after Erik for me so I can catch up on sleep or have a soak etc. All helps with the recovery time and me getting back on my feet properly.

As bad as it's been, I'm looking forward to being able to drive again and getting out and about with Erik to start our adventures.

Anyone else look at their baby and just think 'I made that'. I can't get over how gorgeous and precious he is.

So pleased you guys are home now :hugs:

That's great you have a team to come out and help you out :flow:

Yes I still look at my both my boys and feel that way and still think wow he was tucked up in my womb, kicking about, having hiccups just 5 weeks ago :cloud9:

Babyjan I'm so sorry u are in so much pain! That's so unfair :( I have no advice, but I'm sure it will go away in time. It sounds horrible though! I just have terrible constipation and hemmoriods that burn and bleed. Giving birth is so hard on our Lady bits :( I also have a damaged nerve from a IV attempt that still hurts when I use my hand. How's ur baby doing though?

Lots of April babies with hair here :)

Bekka how are you? Are you home? Is your body recovering? Hope ur able to enjoy ur little man!

Oh yes I went to see the Dr about the constipation and she prescribed some laxatives... Have you been to see anybody about it? See that's another reason why I fear the toilet :(

Sorry your having issues too! I hope we all start feeling better very soon.

His doing really well.. His currently sleeping away in his Moses basket. He changed soooo much from birth already that it looks like two different babies. Why do they change so quickly?!

It is incredible what our bodies can do! These perfect little babies with little fingers and toes it's truly amazing! It's been so long since I had a baby it's all new to me!

Babyjan I can't imagine having constipation plus a horrible episiotomy that's not healing! I really feel for you :( mine is minor compared to you!

Bekka I'm glad you have some help! It will be great to get back to normal. Even just getting to the store or going for a walk feels like a major accomplishment these days. I have had about zero sleep last night, baby going though a clingy nursing 24hr faze. My goal is to shower, take a walk and make dinner that's it ;)

Wow everyone glad your a over now :)

Def alot of dark haired babies here lol..i still cnt figure were shes got it from

Big hugs babyjan its sounds awful..
Ope u get it sorted soon xxx

Cnt believe times flyin so fast ..skylars 11 days old already...
Shes changing alot...shes one fussy little madamn tho and has a temper....
But loves to feed which is good xx

She didnt loose any birth weight
She put on 2lbs..so shes now 10lb 8...lol

Oldermummy he's super cute! Lots of dark hair :)

Thanks hon :)

Was thinking how alike our baby's look, your the same age as me too and have much older children, lots of similarities :) your little one is gorgeous and also lots of dark hair :)
The midwife damaged my nerve in my left hand! She tried to put a cannula in and went through a junction?! My finger killed when she did it and ever since if I catch it it's a very unusual not nice sensation :-(

Baby Jan have you tried movicol or husk I think it's called...it's a natural remedies apparantly is really really good?

Bekah take it slowly and I know hard but enjoy taking it easy, and hope your feeling much better , I can drive a week on thrust at and can not wait! Though i have Enjoyed the not doing to much, thought the house work and hoovering I have been doing since 4 weeks but only because I felt ready too, and I'm only tender around my scar now I can sit up and stretch and move pretty well again, but I am so ready to just get out there and take myself on the car

Anyone else's baby hate being bathed? Mine goes mad when I bath him like you would think I was pulling his arms and legs off he screams and crys and actually sobs! Also when I change his nappy he doesn't like it :shrug::shrug:

I think I'm getting my monthly too as I'm cramping majorly :-( I so haven't missed this for the last 9mth!

Right off back to sleep while little man is now tucked up safe and sound in his Moses basket , he's on 5oz pretty much every other feed now 4 the rest the time, but at night he struggles and has only 2oz like just now, but he's gone to sleep so not a lot I can do, it's becoming regular so hoping soon he will not even want that :thumbup: maybe get a full nights sleep soonish....(one can dream) :lol:

My little man doesn't mind the bath once he's in it but cries going in and coming out. He also cries drying diaper changes, I believe it's the cold wipes. I bought a wipes warmer which helps a bit, but still hates it.

I don't know how any of you ladies get your baby to sleep in a bed. Mine always cries or wakes up the second hes put down. I'm co sleeping with him and nursing through out the night. Then when he falls asleep he wants my boob as a pillow...maybe it's a breast feeding thing. Not getting much sleep here. It's 230am and he's happy and wide awake ;)

Oh babyjan you poor thing.

I be never had this particular thing done but only advice I can give us that usually it's not as bad the second time, I've had a few things done unexpectedly when I thought I was just going for an apt, I had lettz done where they burn the cervix, a horrible thing where they put dye into fallopian tubes, biopsy taken from my thyroid and they had to try and remove my Lorena coil with a long pokey sticky thingy I think the shock played a lot of part because when I went a second time prepared it wasn't as bad yes it still hurt but just not as bad.

As beckah said maybe if you ask them if there is anything they can give you for the pain? Certainly no harm to ask.

I think we always forget about this after birth stuff I always do anyway I get all worked up about the Labour but to he honest if u gave me a choice of Labour again I'd the last 2 weeks I'd be picking Labour!!

Erik had a bath last night and seemed to enjoy it. He's developed a new thing when he's undressed for changing or bathing which is to fling his arms and legs out so he's doing star shapes. He looks so cute when he does it.

Sometimes he'll settle into his pram or crib straight after a feed, and other times he won't settle unless being cuddled.

I completely lost this page and had to look on my profile for previous posts to find it lol

I hope everyone and their bubbas are doing well.
Bub will be 5 weeks on Saturday, she did a 6 hour stretch last night between feeds i woke to feeling like my left breast was going to explode lol

Might be a tmi question but is anyone else still bleeding? I had 6 weeks pp bleeding with my 1st two, 4 weeks with my 3rd and this time i have days where i can go the whole day with not then the next morning blood again but the whole day will only be like a very small amount on a pad. Its really starting to frustrate me now because i finally think its done with and then the next day its back. And to be honest im ready to dtd with DH again but can't until this bleeding properly stops. 6 week pp check in just over a week so ill speak to my gp about it but im wondering if this stop starting might mean something is wrong? Its been like this for pretty much 3 weeks now.

I'm also still bleeding. It's been 4 weeks for me and I want it to stop! It was only 3 weeks with my son. Just like you Misscalais, it's only a little at a time but enough to bother me.

I'm also still bleeding. It's been 4 weeks for me and I want it to stop! It was only 3 weeks with my son. Just like you Misscalais, it's only a little at a time but enough to bother me.
Its annoying hey.
Hope it stops soon for us both. I feel irritated down below from wearing pads for so long..

I'm the same, one minute it's totally clear no blood at all and then I can go to the loo and wipe and there will be a tiny bit. I think it was about 3-5 weeks with my ds so I'm hoping this last bit will clear up soon! I hate wearing the pads, I feel so unhygienic!

Iv stopped bleeding but now its yellow so think its right but princesd i kno wat u mean i feel so unclea
Im showering twice a day but still...

Sick of wearing pads....there so uncomfy...

I do feel more like myself tho now which is good ...cant believe shes nearly 2 weeks old

We applied for her passport yesterday for our holiday in september

Yeah I think my bleeding was less than 2 weeks then turned to yellow and now it's just minimum amount of yellow stuff. Yuck! It is strange going from pad free for 9 months to now wearing them lol.

I stopped bleeding and it went yellowy, now i'm spotting pink/red/brown and having a few cramps, very annoying!

In other news though, Esme slept from 12-4:30 last night and I feel like a new woman :haha: (she has been waking every 2 hrs through the night). I doubt it'll last but small victories right? ;) xx

Iv stopped bleeding but now its yellow so think its right but princesd i kno wat u mean i feel so unclea
Im showering twice a day but still...

Sick of wearing pads....there so uncomfy...

I do feel more like myself tho now which is good ...cant believe shes nearly 2 weeks old

We applied for her passport yesterday for our holiday in september

You've just reminded me I need to send off for Archer's passport! We go on honeymoon in September :)

Hi I just found this thread :)

I'm Sally from Cheshire originally but living in northern Ireland now. Mummy to 2yr old Flynn born 18/01/14 9lb2oz by emcs and 7 week old Cora-Lily born 23/3/16 8lb 13oz by elective section.

I hope you're all doing well xx

Hi salamander :waves:

Oh corn what's a baby wipe warmer? Never heard of them I just shove them between my boobs to warm or behind my blended knee :dohh: lol

He's getting better with nappy changes but still not impressed with a bath
Me has developed like crusty eyebrows so back to the basic plain water bath and wiping down, I only tried some johnsons top and tap wash or w/e it's called and he came up with this poor thing

Had him weighed and in 2weeks he has put on 1lb and 7oz! Lol

He's going 4 hrs with 5 oz and does one bottle and goes 6hrs usually the 8pm ish one he goes till around2, if only I could get him to shift to the next bottle I would get most nights sleep :haha: yea right lol

Can't complain bless him I know I'm lucky

I can't wait for him to smile and he makes the cutest noises always when he try's to sneeze and fails he makes this cute squeaky sigh sound , been trying for the last 5weeks to catch him on film but failing , one day I will manage haha

Hope everyone's feeling better and recovering well, and baby's are well and thriving

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->