April/May babies? ... updated

My 2nd little girl is coming on or around April 9th!! And I hope no earlier!!

Thanks ladies! Lots of little girls on the way! We hopefully find out at our scan on 18th what we're having - "it" was being all coy at the last scan! banana07 it's very cool that you're waiting to find out... ds is desperate for a boy so we thought we'd better give him a few months to recover (and realise it can't be sent back) if it's a girl!

Mine's a girl, too :) there does seem to be lots of girls expected!

Can I join? I'm having #3 due 04/13/16 and we are team pink :pink: !!!

I had a growth scan on Thurs, I wasn't really sure why they said I needed one, apparently 7lb 1Oz was too small for my perfectly healthy and now very tall 3 year old, but I went anyway.

They have estimated him/her at 2lb 3oz at this stage which does seem a little small when compared to other ladies on here at same stage but that's on about the 30/40th centile for me so they're not bothered.

The thing they admit they can't take into account when working out these scans is genetics, seems me and my husband are just predisposed to smaller babies, though I disagree they are small.

Consultant said that 8-10lbs is now the norm, would you agree ladies? I know loads who have had ones smaller than this at full term with no issues.

Due April 28th here with a little girl!

I wouldn't agree on what your consultant said redhead84. DS was 7lbs 12 oz born at 39 weeks. he is now a very healthy 13kg 92 cm tall very nearly 2 year old now.

April 21st here! .... Actually April 24th but my OB won't change it

I had a growth scan on Thurs, I wasn't really sure why they said I needed one, apparently 7lb 1Oz was too small for my perfectly healthy and now very tall 3 year old, but I went anyway.

They have estimated him/her at 2lb 3oz at this stage which does seem a little small when compared to other ladies on here at same stage but that's on about the 30/40th centile for me so they're not bothered.

The thing they admit they can't take into account when working out these scans is genetics, seems me and my husband are just predisposed to smaller babies, though I disagree they are small.

Consultant said that 8-10lbs is now the norm, would you agree ladies? I know loads who have had ones smaller than this at full term with no issues.

#1 was 7 lb 8.2 oz 20 1/2 inches born 39+3 and my OB said he was spot on average so its probably like anything pregnancy related...depends who you ask lol

Going by just my generation in my family (including cousins), most of us had 7-low 8lb babies. My sister was the outlier with mid 9lb+ babies.

I definitely wouldn't think much of it. My son was 7lbs 7ounces and no one batted an eye. :)

I thought 7lbs is about average weight for a newborn? Never heard of anyone saying that's small.

Mine was born at 39+3 days and weighed 3.182kg x

I know we think it's strange too but at same time are happy to know baby is doing well at different stages than we had access to last time.

All's well that ends well I suppose :)

My son was 7lb 3oz, I was told that's average.

Due may 27th with a boy- have a feeling he may come sooner though for some reason!

Also over here 3-3.5kg is the average Baby size. Roughly around 7lbs or so? My dh was just over 8lbs when he was born and everyone including the doctors said he was a big Baby :shrug:

I wouldn't put too much faith into the weighing of babies in the womb. My SIL had a baby in November and was scanned constantly for last few weeks being told it was a massive gigantic baby who turned out to be 8lb10oz big yes but not the monster they had her terrified believing (turned out another lady in her ward after delivery was told the same thing and had exactly the same size baby she was scared enough into demanding a csection). My Sister had a baby not even 2 weeks ago and was told she was having a 6-7.5lb baby but had an 8lb3oz baby. My other sister had a 6.3lb baby and again no one ever said he was small (yes he is smaller in size to my 8.6lb babies but same as she is 4 inches shorter than me now!!

My father was only 2.2lb and is a perfectly healthy 63 year old now!

I would never in a million years have considered a 7lb ish baby small. Anything 7-8lb I would have considered super normal.

Anyway as you said baby is healthy and that is what matters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->