April Mummies 2011

GL for #3 Caro!
I kinda have a step daughter now... when the two of then are together all they do is squeal haha... 1 is enough for me.

Omg I'm dying today. Went on a night out on Saturday and lost my keys so decided to try and break into my own flat through the back for some reason. So climbed over the fence and fell off the top!! I fell like 6 ft! Splat straight onto concrete floor haha.
I was fine at the time just got back up but Omg I'm feeling it now. I'm black and blue. I'll try and show a pic of my leg that's the worst but all on one side of my body is bruised.

Oh and to top it off I then decided I can't get in the flat let's break into the playhouse... then banged my head and got an egg head hahaha.
Never drinking again.

Exciting times caro
I wish school would have some good effect on Poppy's sleep. Everyone always said wait until she goes to school I've patiently waited 4 years and she still wakes up most nights and since she's been at school it's even worse. I blame her brain as it doesn't switch off will prob hear her singing the phonics songs in her sleep lol

Michael got home today and said his superior officer had a heart to heart with him about the realities of seniority in the military.

We could stay for now, into the next 5 years and have great control over our surroundings. Where we go, and what he does. But after that, when he starts advancing more.... the politics of military would start to get involved and he could be shipped off to places we don't like. For education prospect reasons, crime reasons, or he could go overseas to war zones. It all becomes very muddled and he gets less influence.

The kicker comes with that staying more than 10 years and not seeing it through is financially stupid. So if we were to leave, we should do so in the next 2 years max.

And so now..... we think about this gigantic game changer in our lives.

I would be so much happier tbh. Sure traveling was always a nice side advantage, but my deepest dream was always to have stability. My friends, my family, neighborhood, my kids lives all secure and stable.

The idea of job hunting is daunting too....

We are just feeling suddenly overwhelmed. As far as long term goals, it doesn't effect anything. We could still buy a house, I'd still graduate with BS and Masters.... just difference of where everything happens.

Finanically now, it would be a wash. Really the only downside is no more traveling (except at our own expense) and pension is different (Michael would sign up for reserves so we would still get something). Also private sector ALWAYS has some job insecurity.

.... that's all!! Just major life changing turn.

PS: I can't post anything about this on FB because if anyone were to suspect he's considering resigning he wouldn't get the qualifications he needs for better job prospects outside the military. So, no talk of this elsewhere.

Was that another bitching post you deleted and placed a . Since bnb won't let you delete it KJ? Why don't they just have a delete button?

For once not bitching just questions but I was blabbering and I got self conscious about it so I deleted it :haha:

Had a WONDERFUL morning. Eddie spilt bright pink nail varnish in the middle of our light brown carpet. Obv my fault for owning nail varnish in the first place so everyone is in the doghouse this morning.

Can I ask about sleep routines? How do you guys get your kiddos to sleep at night these days? Anyone lucky enough for their smalls to fall asleep without having to have you in the room yet?

I don't think Abby had ever had me in the room to fall asleep, it's all about doing that early IMO. Tbh it'll probably be a super hard since they're older and able to get up and move. Was just my personal belief when she was a baby so now bed time is super easy. Book and good nights and we're done.

I managed to break poppy going to sleep by herself end of last year until then we had to be in the room. Now she has two stories whilst she's in bed and the I give her a hug and kiss and leave the room and go to mine until she's asleep although am gonna progress to going downstairs I've done it on a few occasions and she's not freaked. She still unfortunately wakes in the night and I'm currently trying to break her coming into our bed in the middle of the night it has improved thankfully.

Pearl from a baby I put down awake to sleep and now i have to wait until she's really sleepy otherwise she just rolls round the cot but she self settles

I did it early too. 2 stories for each child, kiss and cuddle and I'm gone for both. Ed went though a phase a few months ago of having a little cry and fuss but soon got over it, I just went in regularly told him it was bedtime and left.
I'd imagine it's a bad habit now, probably best to try and do the gradual retreat thing? Oh bribe Toby? Good luck!

Thanks for the good luck wishes for ttc :) x

Aleena also falls asleep just fine now.
She was a rough baby and toddler when it came down to sleep but now she's older she sleeps great.

Cottles- Josie sleeps fine in her room by herself. We moved her to her own room around 9 months, and it took until about 2 1/2 for her to stay in her room at night all night. Ember we did the same thing, and she still gets up in the middle of the night AND is an early riser. She wakes up at 5:30 and Michael manages her while he's getting ready for work. I'm hoping she sleeps through the night and stays in her room by 2 1/2 too.... i'm not so sure though.

We do one-three stories each kid, depending on length and then Michael or I (mostly Michael these days) sit in with Ember until she falls asleep then he escapes. It's not ideal, but hopefully like Josie does, she'll one day be able to sit in bed and fall asleep solo.

Charlie lets me put her down and walk away and she goes to sleep happily. She prefers it or so it seems. She doesn't fall asleep nursing. Ruby still wants me to cuddle her to sleep but much like your twins KJ she hasn't ever been a good sleeper. Rosie is just now at the age where we can send her to bed and she just goes. Or she actually falls asleep in 2 minutes while sitting with us. Ruby is always the last one up.

Last night when I picked the girls up I got Ruby all psyched to use the potty and that she was done with diapers except she could wear pull ups to bed. She was excited. She went potty first thing this morning. It's on!!!

How exciting for number 3 caro! 3 hasn't been that much different than 2.

That's kind of exciting Ashley! So will you still be going to Washington?

Sam- We decided to go to Washington and then possibly resign after that. I still have to get my masters and my heart was set on a school in Washington. There aren't any good schools in Ga that do masters of counseling except for UGA but I don't want to live close to Athens. I want to get our forever house in a school district all the kids can grow up in and have all the same peers from Elementary to High school. So we will go to Washington, and resign after I complete my masters, and we will both find jobs in the Metro Atlanta area after that. Logistics are still being discussed but Michael said there is a good possibility by then that the Military will have a buy out option for retirement. For people who have 10 years in they get a scaled down pension and the ability to resign at 10 years. We get to keep the GI Bill benefit for the kids and Michael would also enter the reserves so he can collect another pension after 65. I'm not sure if he can take the buy out option and reserves pension but perhaps. Either way he would try. I think the private sector has better income, but finding it and marketing yourself is the harder part. It will be a huge transition but I think we have basically decided on it. It'll be in about 4 years. We have to just wait and see. It might be in 3.

Ollie had no bedtime up until this summer. Now its book, cuddle then sleep.
He has to shout me if he needs a wee in the night... He isn't allowed into my room. I'm teaching him to knock before he comes in in the morning too now and also if I'm in the bathroom. Got fed up of hearing "mummy your bum is fat" so yeah. I make sure I get my privacy.

2 weeks, 1 induction 1 normal, into uni life and I'm sick already. Gahh. Chest infection as usual so fingers crossed it doesn't progress into pneumonia or pleurisy.

hope you feel better soon gem, uni is rife with bugs initially sadly :(. And omg if Ollie says you've got a fat bum I hate to think what he'd call mine :shock:

I can't believe this group is still going. I was just thinking about it today and thought I would have a search.

I have not had a proper read but will sit on the sofa later and have a glass of wine and see what you have all been up to.

So my life has been interesting since 2011. I had a baby, got a divorce, met my soul mate and am now getting married in 2017 and talking about having a baby.

My baby is now 4.5 and is at school - he is an absolute delight and deals so well with being at different parents on different weekends. Would love to stick around if that is okay and keep updated with all the news. I have attached a picture of my gorgeous boy.

Attachments

• IMG_0543[1].jpg
    IMG_0543[1].jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads