April Mummies 2011

We have our days with Poppy she was pretty bad last week but I think that was change in routine with nursery being finished and me going back to work etc. she's been much better over the weekend. Fingers crossed in continues

Thank you! I'm so excited!

It's crazy that like 2 years ago I made a load of plans that I never thought would happen and now I've achieved everything on my list haha. I need new plans!

Apparently I didn't post my last reply here?!
Congrats Gem... awesome news!!

I'm in a pickle. Toby and my niece are meant to be spending the long weekend together at hubby's cousins house which I don't want to get in the way of..... BUT she wants to take them to the natural history museum.

Ever since toby got all geeky about dinosaurs I've imagined taking him to the museum and seeing his face when he first sees Dippy, taking *that* photo next to the dinosaur that every kid has.... and I can't bear the thought of someone else having that experience instead of me. I can't tell them not to go because SIL will be there too with my niece and she too wants that experience with her kiddo.

So do I stop toby going and take away a weekend with his cousin... or do I let him go and give up the experience I've wanted for years?

(This is the same cousin who took toby for his first zoo trip this year that I wasn't invited to. I feel like she's having all the experiences me and DH should be having.)

Yeah I let him go for his sleepover on the condition that they do any museum EXCEPT the science museum. That's bucket list level of importance to me. Me and hubby want to take him there first.

Got a text this morning. Theyre taking him to the science museum.
So upset right now.

And I'm 100% aware of how selfish it is to want to share these finst experiences with my own child but I don't care. I'm owing to be passed about this for a long time.

Cottles- I just wanted to say. I would be upset too. Doing firsts with my kids is super important to me too. If it's something I didn't care about to begin with, like say.... First NASCAR race and I wasn't there. I wouldn't be as upset, but I'd still want all the pictures in the world of their experience! But anyway- I totally feel you.

Sorry for not being on for so long. It says the last time I even logged in was July 9th. So it's been a while. I'm not going to go past page 2 for updates, but I will say CONGRATS GEM!!!!! (and I laughed about the gay boyfriend thing too!)

I had my first therapy appt for my anxiety. It was with a nurse practitioner and she recommended me to the therapist at the office. So I guess I passed the "she needs help" test. LOL

I'm not depressed, but I'm so overwhelmed I might as well be. I am beyond irritable almost every day. I have angry outbursts ALL the time. I'm pretty much upset about any number of things at any given moment. I've been going back to old destructive coping methods. Not every day, but it builds up. My teeth grinding is back. I don't even have time to do things I enjoy like edit photos or read. I'm just too mentally exhausted.

I'm pretty upset with my self image too, but I'm actively working on it. Not seeing any results yet but I don't intend to quit because I'll just feel worse. I guess it's better to try and still suck then not try at all and suck.

Anyway- I'll try to keep up again. I don't always get emails on updates which is why I fall behind. But i'll try! If not, i'll see you guys on FB anyway ;)

Ah life gets in the way for us all so we all lack posting on here sometimes. Like you said we're all on Facebook.

Kathryn is there no way you can go with them then??

Casey you're beautiful inside and out missus. Know where we are if you need to vent or anything. You need to rest more!

In other news apparently I'm in love haha. Pretty much settled down atm... never been happier. And I'm more outgoing and busy than I have been in years.

that really sucks Katherine, it'd bother me too missing a first as important to him as that. Sorry hun.

How is everyone?

I've royally screwed over my back :(, struggling to walk atm. Seen a chiropractor twice last week (at £40 a go, ouch!) and then did a lot of walking over the weekend and pushing a double buggy a fair bit and now, yeah, not good. We're hoping to ttc again in janurary which feels really close now, bit scared what's going to happen to my back then!

Ouch. Take it easy caro!
You'll have to get googling to see which sexual positions have the least impact on your back just in case it makes it any worse! And here's an early GL for ttc :)

Ollies going the doctors today. He's not sick as such but the past week or so it's like he can't control his eyes... they're constantly rolling round or he's blinking like rapidly. Also crying saying it hurts him. Feel a bit daft taking him but worth getting checked I guess.

Better to be safe than sorry gem.

After a weekend of poorly ness from pearl. She's come out in a lot of spots on her head so waiting for the morning to see if chicken pox has caught her

Edit: it's not the pox ... Phew

glad its not the pox ria!

what did the dr say Gem?

I'm now off sick from work, on prescription painkillers and still struggling to walk, boo. Blooming back

Oh no boo to your back!

So just under a week til Poppy starts school. She can't wait and I think it's what she needs but still a little bit sad that my little baldy baby has grown up!

How have the kids who started already got on??

Abby loves loves loves school and I'm too busy with my own classes to think about it too much lol

Doc just said it's a tic probably happening because he's nervous about starting school and stuff. He should grow out of it. Also have to take him the opticians on Tuesday incase it's a sign of him needing glasses.

Ollie started school on Thursday. He likes it once he's here but he's cried both days going in and clings to my leg. Don't understand why he cries though since he went to the nursery there absolutely fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->