April Mummies 2011

glad nothing serious Gem. He probably felt v comfortable in nursery. i'm sure he'll learn to love school.

Hope poppy loves it Ria.

Glad abby is loving it dana.

Alex starts school tomorrow...will let you know how we go! xx

Poppy loves it although disgruntled that she's only in for half days for a week so doesn't get lunch haha

Hallo ladies! Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend!
The twins settled into nursery quite well. Dylan isnt quite ready to drop his nap yet and has fallen asleep on 3 out of the 4 days he's been there so far :haha:

DH has been working an obscene amount and is barely home a lot of the time. The kids are acting up because they want him so it's all a bit stressful but we're getting by.

Hope all the littlies are enjoying school!

I feel your pain Katherine. Poppy is the same when she doesn't see Andi enough.
How's homeschooling going??

I was sending the girls to a child care center and they did preschool there but I lost my subsidized childcare. And with my work hours and Ryan working out of town I would need someone to pick her up and bring her to somewhere else until I got home. But basically I ended up with a friend who is going to watch mall 3 kids for $50/day. But I that also means no preschool unless I can get her into Head Start or pay extra for somewhere else and still have to deal with having someone pick her up. But basically half my pay is going to child care as of now. Rosie *should* be getting into head start in the same town as my friend so she can pick her up and keep her with the other girls too but it isn't guaranteed. And in the meantime I'm just waiting for the child care place to let me know when I have an appointment so I can get some more assistance with childcare. Ugh.

4k is a free federally funded program, so why can't she get in? I'm so confused.

I feel your pain Katherine. Poppy is the same when she doesn't see Andi enough.
How's homeschooling going??

Not bad ta! Not settled in yet but hoping now my niece is in school we can establish a routine. We were literally home edding for ONE DAY before my niece got sent to us for a couple of days with no notice. It's caused a lot of tension because DHs family were the ones who doubted my ability to educate toby yet they're the ones using me as a free babysitting service when I'm supposed to be having 1to1 learning time with him. The one day I said no to having her was our first day of home ed.... that was a week ago and SIL still think I'm an evil witch for saying no. Best bit was the fact that FIL had already agreed to have my niece a week prior but they didn't want to "inconvenience" him and his zero plans so they thought they'd descend on the homeschool instead. :dohh:

BUT ANYWAY, initial grumbles aside, we managed to have an amazing one day together. He's determined to learn to swim and is really hooked on the idea of autumn and festivities and the changes the season brings so I've got a loooad of resources for that. He's shown an interest in writing lists too so well see if that goes anywhere with helping him read/write!

Oh how frustrating for u!! Glad it's all sorted now thou
And Toby is showing interest

What's 4K Dana?
Voluntary pre kindergarten?

Long of the short of it, yes. It's not required for child to go, but it's still federally funded and state run with requirements etc like "regular"school. 4 year old kindergarten, thus 4k.

We don't have 4 year old kindergarten here. If you have low enough income you qualify for Head Start but they also don't have room for every kid. And often there are 3 year olds who were in early head start so they get into the class but since we just applied at the beginning of August they already had their class full from last year since they had 3 year olds entering. Rosie does have priority since she is 4 and I need childcare but I applied and the class was full so she was too of the wait list for people to drop out. And I got the call today that she got in!

That's fan sam!

You're guys schooling confuses me lol.

I've had a terrible drop off with alex and pick up wasn't much better. He fell off his scooter down to tiredness but wouldn't walk instead. Ended up putting him in the buggy and helping ed to scoot...fun! Luckily I had arranged a play date with my friend and her daughters and alex adores her 6 yr old so all improved once we got home and got him into bed by 7. Fx'ed for a better day tomorrow, esp as my mil is doing school runs as I'm at work :-(

It does me too because I didn't realize not every state offered 4K. I imagine it's much the same just different naming as with many things between our countries

probably, diapers vs nappies...all contains poop :D

eek no more pill for me! going to get my body back into normal cycles as not had a natural cycle since before eddie was conceived then ttc in the new year! all seems a bit real now lol x

Exactly.

I got pregnant 2 weeks after I stopped my pill after 6 months at least with no period. Could happen before you get things "regulated". Can't believe you're on #3 already!!

Will use condoms unit after Xmas :). Want to avoid another late in the school year baby if we can too x

Wow Caro , TTC #3!!
We are done , 2 is enough for me lol. I got my hands full 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"