April mummies 2014 :)

Attachments

• 10675532_1013964901962454_1604008262808578500_n.jpg
    10675532_1013964901962454_1604008262808578500_n.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 7
Merry 1st Christmas April loveys!

8 month sleep regression SUCKS! Charlee is now crawling and trying to pull up and I think learning so many new things at once is causing the regression. Not to mention, those 4 teeth finally all came in making 6 total so hopefully she will be feeling better.

Anyone else have really verbal babies? If I tell her to say mama, Dada or baba, she will say it and she's always trying to repeat sounds.

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Sorry to hear about Charlees sleep bookworm. We had the same thing back in late October. Went from sleeping decently well to refusing to sleep in his own. Was learning to crawl and bad separation anxiety. It will pass once she gets the skills down just hang in there!!

Charles has said mama once but that it is! He's just a quiet kid I suppose :) He is a big explorer and is cruising around the furniture and can stand unassisted for 7-8 seconds! He has tried to take some steps but immediately topples. My mom picked him up a walker so I have a feeling he will be walking before we know it.

Hope you all are doing well!

Hi mom! We are doing great over here, how are you and Odin doing?

Charles is growing like a weed! He can say mama and papa, is SO close to walking. He will stand by himself for 15-20 seconds and can (mostly) control sitting down. Just today he started taking steps while only holding one hand...before he always refused unless he had both hands. He cut 6 teeth in December so has all his teeth in. Really hoping molars take a long time before they join the party. It was a pretty miserable time for him but each day ia getting easier.He is finally starting to sleep better thank goodness. He is still up 3 times a night to eat but compared to where it was (7 times a night- all those teeth coming in, learning to crawl and separation anxiety made nights pretty rough!) Only in the last month and a half has he become interested in solids so he is still 90% breastfed. But he is a champion eater and has liked everything so far except peas. Peaches are by fat his favorite and he will gobble up as much as you give him!

My DH and I are getting ready to list our house this coming Friday. Hoping it sells quickly and we can start looking for our next. We may start trying for the next baby January of next year but just depends on the house situation. We are planning on starting no later than May of next year.

In the meantime, I love staying at home with Charles. He is just the sweetest little guy and makes me laugh everyday.

Hioe everyone is doing well! Has anyone starting thinking of 1st birthday party ideas? I think we are going to do a Curious George themed party (the only show to hold his attention for 5-10 minutes).

kksy9b- Charles sounds amazing!!! So glad to hear that he's well.

Charlee is my baby doll. She is very sensitive and gets her feelings hurt very easily lol. Her lip will poke out and she will burst into tears if she's been *mistreated*. :haha:

She just started cruising everywhere and gets into everything.

So I posted above that she was going through a bad sleep regression. I finally realized that nursing to sleep and being rocked were her sleep associations and she was waking up and unable to self-settle back to sleep. I had promised myself not to do any CC or cry it out with her, and then I ended up finding "gradual withdrawal" that I thought might work for us.

You rock baby until they are drowsy but awake. Then you put them in their bed and make them fall asleep in their own bed, but you sit right there in plain sight and you comfort them as much as you can without actually picking them up and rocking them. I tried it Friday night last week, and she cried for a solid 20 minutes. It was so sad but about 10 minutes in, I felt like I had to follow through or it was all for nothing. She now self-settles to sleep and has slept like a dream ever since! I just rock her until she's drowsy and put her in her bed and she goes straight to sleep. With gradual withdrawal, you are supposed to sit by their bed and every few nights move your chair closer to the door until you are out of the room, but Charlee didn't need that. Sorry for the long explanation, just letting everyone know what is working for us. I was on the "wait it out" team until I was having to wake every 20 minutes. This includes waking with my toddler, it's like my children were just alternating wake ups. It's rough having a 2 year old who doesn't sleep through the night, so it's nice that Charlee is sleeping better.

Oh, she also used to hate baby food from a jar but I just started giving her those fruit pouches and she loves them! I think because she can do it herself. She also eats pretty much whatever we eat.

Bookworm, DS was the same way about sleep. I gave him a bottle and he fell asleep, only to wake multiple times a night...I tried to be in the room with him and ease him into falling asleep alone, it didn't work...he wanted to play, not sleep. So I did the hard thing...I let him cry, it made me so stressed and sad. I went in and checked on him and laid him back down every single time. He's better now, but still struggling to stay asleep due to teeth this time...

Colton's first word was Mama! He can now say Dada too, and knows who is who. He will start saying mama when he wants me to lay him in bed for a nap.

He completely fights me with purées, so we moved on to finger foods, he loves the independence.

Odin turned one today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY APRIL BABIES!!!!

Attachments

• 11131723_877746385599865_1603409123_n.jpg
    11131723_877746385599865_1603409123_n.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 6
So so sweet!! Happy birthday Odin!! I can't believe we are already celebrating birthdays!

Happy birthday Odin! And a happy birthday to Colton! He has 9 teeth and likes to walk when no one is watching. We will give him a cupcake tonight, his smash cake will be a monster cake on Saturday, when we have the party.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1428014376646.jpg
    FB_IMG_1428014376646.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 4
Happy birthday colton!! I have to say, these April babies are adorable!

Happy birthday Colton. I hope you had a great day!
We are also having a monster theme part on Saturday. How funny.

We are doing a curious George themed in a couple of weeks...our house is taken over ATM with blue red and yellow :)

Kksyb- my 2 year old daughter absolutely loves Curious George.

Odin's party was a hit. He refused to touch the cake though. He would put his hands out and use just his face to eat. :haha: he doesn't like being messy

Attachments

• 11102624_1089744571051153_5025545591764048329_n.jpg
    11102624_1089744571051153_5025545591764048329_n.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 18703_1089743977717879_5124458991795040356_n.jpg
    18703_1089743977717879_5124458991795040356_n.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 3
We are doing a curious George themed in a couple of weeks...our house is taken over ATM with blue red and yellow :)

DS loves George! I got him some DVDs for the days when the internet is down, or when we move and I want him to sit still while I work on packing or unpacking, since we may go a few days without internet.

We made DS's cake and the cupcakes from scratch and had a macaroni and cheese bar for the food, since DS loves macaroni and cheese. Basically you make homemade Mac and have toppings like bacon, chicken, ham, peas, spices, etc for people to put on top. It was a huge success! :)

Colton didn't really want to eat his cake, so the smear is from FIL grabbing his hand and rubbing it across his face. :dohh:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1428532274143.jpg
    FB_IMG_1428532274143.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 3
Oh and...that's my little sister with Colton, not me. She loves on him so much!

Happy Birthday to all the babies who've turned one already! :cake:
Tristan was one on March 31st and we had a lovely day, although I was a bit sad at the thought of my little baby growing up.
He still only has one tooth through :dohh: but he is almost walking-most of the time he will just crawl because it's faster but he's so close. We've just got a puppy too so once he's actually walking I'm not sure how I'm going to cope!

Happy birthday to Tristan!! Nothing wrong with holding out on teething and keeping that gummy smile for lo her! Charles is cutting molars right now and it is terrible :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->