• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April mummies 2014 :)

Sazzle that is awful of that midwife. Like seriously of course your feeding him! And all baby drop/gain weight at different rates. In the beginning I was so worried about Caitlin weight she dropped 9% but she gained it back and is doing okay.

Okay crazy question from the US what is a pram?
Lol

Kksy glad lo is okay. That must have been a scary few hours for you hasa Ftm

Kins, Rex lost 9% of his birth weight too. It took him nearly 3 weeks to get back above his birth weight but then he piled it on from there. There's always something to worry about with baby's weight!

Thanks for the photo explanation of a pram, mumof :haha: What are they called over there? Are they classed as strollers too? I thought strollers were what we call buggies?

Hello, ladies! I'm sorry that I've been absent. Life with 4 kids has been INSANE. A 14-month age gap between the youngest 2 is way harder than I expected. :wacko:

My little guy is happy and growing well after a rough start with breastfeeding. He lost 15oz in the first 5 days and I was told to start supplementing. :( This is the 4th time I've tried and "failed" at breastfeeding, but I'm trying not to beat myself up. I honestly did all I could this time. I had thyroid cancer as a teen, and most Doctors attribute it to that. Sigh... I will say that he is MUCH happier now that he isn't crying and fussing at the boob 24 hours a day! I'm happier too, since I can have DH help with feeds so I can give attention to the 3 older kids. What will be, will be.

Everyone sounds like adjusting is going well. :)

My DS will randomly say "HOLD ME!" when he sees me pick up the baby, but he wants me to hold her at the same time. :dohh: He loves her so much, but he wants to be included. :haha:

My little girl's feeds seem SO RANDOM lately. She will eat for 5 minutes and I won't be able to get her to do anymore, even if she's wide awake, and then an hour later she's hungry. Then she'll take a 3 hour nap. Mostly she will either eat hourly during the day and just "snack" or if she's on a normal schedule she will do 2.5-3 and then she does 3 hours at night.

She has this giant, 2-3 hour awake stretch in the evenings and I love talking to her and looking at her. I swear I've seen a hint of a smile lately when I talk to her.

I know they're too little to be really clingy but I swear, she cries whenever daddy holds her and stops when I do. :wacko: My poor DH keeps saying she hates him. I told him to wear one of my shirts next time! :haha:

Thanks for the photo explanation of a pram, mumof :haha: What are they called over there? Are they classed as strollers too? I thought strollers were what we call buggies?

I think we call them all strollers. We usually use these kind here in the US from day one because the car seat just clicks in. I wish we had prams.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 0
So DS has finished his spurt! He slept 5 hours straight last night! He is so sleepy today!

Hi girls, can I join please?

Its lovely to see so many familiar faces from the pregnancy forums :)

I had my little boy, Wesley James on 28th April after 25 hours of labour. He's such a little sweetie :cloud9:

:hugs: wamommy, I know how you feel, I 'failed' this time as well. I found out yesterday though that little man has a posterior tongue tie which was undiagnosed and prob contributed to all our feeding problems. He lost a similar amount of weight and was showing signs of dehydration despite feeding for up to 2 hours at a time. He was a lot happier with expressed milk.

wamommy- :hugs: you didn't fail!!! You are feeding your baby, regardless if it's formula, and in my book that is a win!

I BF my first two no more than 2 weeks while supplementing from day one. I made it 1 month and 3 days before stopping this time. I couldn't keep up with my son (I could only pump an ounce or two) He was literally living pump to pump and I even had to start supplementing. I finally gave in to formula a couple days ago because he was just always so unhappy. He is doing amazing now.

:wave: Hi Sarah! You found us :D Been meaning to tell you about the thread :dohh:

Leo had gained 30g today. The MW was happy with that so we've been discharged. Leo just needs to keep putting weight on now & I'll be happy.

:hugs: to everyone dealing with BF issues. You haven't failed ladies :nope:

Sorry to hear about the breastfeeding issues some of you ladies have had :hugs: it doesn't mean you're a failure at all. I had so many problems BF my first LO and ended up first combi feeding and then switching completely to formula. To this day I have absolutely no idea why she wouldn't feed. I felt like such a failure at the time but soon saw her thriving on the formula and realised that it just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Welcome, sarah! Our little guys are 1 day apart! :D

Luca was born April 29th at 7:26 after a 3 hour labor. He was 9lbs! He's blonde like my girls, which continues to shock everyone, since they're all 1/4 Japanese. :haha:

Thank you for all of the kind words about breastfeeding! :hugs: Luca is doing so well. He's happy on formula, so I need to just let it go! If only my boobs agreed! I've developed mastitis... lol.

He's blonde like my girls, which continues to shock everyone, since they're all 1/4 Japanese. :haha:

My babies are 1/4 Korean and my DD is a blondie with blue eyes and DS has blue eyes as well. We'll see if he goes blonde too! Weird how genetics work. :haha:

He's blonde like my girls, which continues to shock everyone, since they're all 1/4 Japanese. :haha:

My babies are 1/4 Korean and my DD is a blondie with blue eyes and DS has blue eyes as well. We'll see if he goes blonde too! Weird how genetics work. :haha:

It is totally weird. My son who is 1 looks exactly like DH. He looks half and has dark hair and dark, dark brown eyes. People won't believe these two are brothers!

It amazes me to see how genetics work in real life compared with how they're supposed to behave in theory. My daughter has beautiful clear blue eyes, yet DH and I both have brown. DHs dad has blue eyes so I can see where the gene came from on his side, but both my parents have brown eyes. The only person in my whole family ever to have blue eyes was my grandma on my dad's side so that must be where the gene came from. It was so unlikely our daughter would be blue-eyed yet there she is :)

:hugs: to all those with bfing issues. Its crazy hard!!! But formula isn't bad for them so gotta do whats good for baby.

:hugs: wamomy and pinklizzy. I'm right there with would with the breastfeeding issues. I had breast reduction surgery 15 years ago and as a result my milk supply is abysmal. When I got pregnant with my first daughter I had this fantasy of breastfeeding my child while hiking the back country (or something like that:haha:) and it really got me down that I couldn't breastfeed. This time I knew what to expect but somehow I thought it would magically be better (ah the magic thought!). I can't help but beat myself up for not producing enough milk for Lou. I give her the breast at every feed but then have to supplement 1.5 to 2 oz after each feed. Oh well.

Genetic is a funny thing. My entire family has blond hair and blue or green eyes except for me and my dad. My DH's family all have blue eyes. And yet my daughters have brown eyes. Well is too early to tell for Lou but her eyes are very dark right now.

For those of you that are formula feeding: how many oz do you feed your LOs and how often?

I hope everyone is having a fab weekend!

JosephineLou, my LO is 2 weeks old and eats 3oz every 3-4 hours. :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->