April Mums!!

I was very disappointed with my first doc visit :|:|:growlmad:

My doctor told me that at 10 weeks, it's too early for an ultrasound AND to hear it's heartbeat!! :growlmad: :growlmad:

ALL she did was had me pee on a cup to confirm that I was pregnant which I knew I was!! Gave me some baby magazines and sent me on my way! :growlmad::nope::growlmad:

She scheduled another appointment next week but I'm not going to go back there again! I'm looking for another doctor who actually cares. So sad I haven't seen or heard my baby. :(:(:(

Lilyc.. So dissapointing! I have my first appointment at 10 weeks tomorrow. If I were you, I would find another doctor and schedule an appt immediately! I'm hoping my physician will do the ultrasound and hear the heartbeat. GL to you!

Lilyc are u in the uk and is this your first baby! Unfortunately in the uk that's usually what happens at your first booking appointment and if they are equipped they take bloods too but that is about it! You will not usually get a 1st scan till 12 weeks and will not use the Doppler to hear the hb till 16 weeks! I've noticed lots of the ladies who have had scans are in America and maybe that's the norm there but thats not done here! I had same yesterday! But as this is my second baby, I don't see the midwife now till 16 weeks :( hope this makes u feel a bit better knowing your not the only one x

I was very disappointed with my first doc visit :|:|:growlmad:

My doctor told me that at 10 weeks, it's too early for an ultrasound AND to hear it's heartbeat!! :growlmad: :growlmad:

ALL she did was had me pee on a cup to confirm that I was pregnant which I knew I was!! Gave me some baby magazines and sent me on my way! :growlmad::nope::growlmad:

She scheduled another appointment next week but I'm not going to go back there again! I'm looking for another doctor who actually cares. So sad I haven't seen or heard my baby. :(:(:(

Oh gosh this is horrible!:nope:

here is a hug:hugs: Yep you should better find a different doc. I 've seen 3 so far as I've chosen a University hospital and I can't get just one yet. The best was the resident doctor, very sweet, caring and generous. The other "top" docs/ professors in the University guys were a little bleh... :coffee:

I agree. I was able to hear the heartbeat at mine, but my doctor informed me that they will not do an ultrasound until 18-20 weeks... Oh well

How is everyone? Sorry I havent posted lately, been so busy!

Got my scan this Friday, yay!!!! X

Found a new doctor :happydance: I go in for my appointment on thursday! I should be 11 weeks and 6 days by then so I'm hoping for at least a heartbeat! :thumbup: I'm not in the UK btw, I'm in USA. Thanks for all the kinds words and support! Hope you are all doing well :]

how fun!! good luck! :D
doing fine over here, no morning sickness at all so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->