April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

doggylover perhaps some of your co-workers would be grateful for a flash hahaha!! I know what you mean about pulling the stump off but it take all sorts to make the world and some idiots do it!

So I read more on baby slings and I'm definitely off them. I read that there had been 11 baby deaths in the USA due to babies being not secured properly. 2 slings were recalled I can't remember the names.

oooooh I forgot completely to mention that I hadnt been sleeping well lately so in tesco today I picked up this new baby stuff by baby and mum it's called bump sleep mist, you spray it around your room and bed before you go to bed and it helps you sleep.. it smells awesomes!!

Doggylover have you seen obem yet? I'm watching it now x

OH doggylover I sure hope he's not! DH & I were both mid 6lbers. I really can't stand the thought of anything much over that! My bff that has 3 girls & all 3 were 10lbs!!!!

Oh my, that is big!!! I am with you, I want a little one! But from the size of my bump I think I'll be lucky to get anything under 8lbs! Both dh and I were just around 7lbs, but I just feel huge, and people keep accidentally assuming I'm much further along, so I'm terrified I'm going to get a 10lb-er!

Ukgirl, I dunno, all the people with me at lunch were either female or gay! Not sure they would appreciate my stretched belly :haha: that's terrible about those slings. Good thing you did you research before buying one, and you definitely need to go for one you have confidence in and feel happy using.

Ukgirl yep watched obem last night. The hippy guy made me laugh so much! If you haven't gotten to the bit where he tries to call the midwife using the buttons...:haha: :dohh::dohh: it wasn't too bad - and by that I mean it didn't scare the shit out of me just yet :rofl:

Apparently it's a 14 week series, which means our babies could be here when it's complete!!!

I just saw that bit doggylover I LOLed so much!!

Holy crap 10lbs!! I would die.

I have been sleeping like shit lately too. I either have to pee or baby is on one of her moving sessions. She is now hitting me on each side of my belly at once or rolling and pushing down at the same time. You have to tell me how it works!!

ukgirl let us know how the mist works. I haven't been sleeping well either. My doc said to use unisom... Well that doesn't do a darn thing for me. Thanks for the info on the slings.... EEEKKKK!

doggylover everyone is still saying I'm carrying too high for Mason to be a boy.

I keep trying to prop myself on my side with my pillows but it just makes it worse, it doesn't help that my ribcage is still inflamed and I'm usually a back sleeper.. Aaron makes the bed dip too so I end up rolling into him haha.

I will let you know if this mist stuff works, it smells gorgeous so even if it doesn't I wont care I might spray some on my radiators to make the whole room smell nice.

I don't get why people call bump shape boy or girl in gender. I carried the same with all my kids and I have both sexes. There's no such thing as a boy bump or a girl bump it depends on how your baby prefers to lay... Benson is different to my other 2 he likes to lay on my side head down, Lucas had his back to my belly so I could stroke his back and pat his bum and Connie was back to back (ouch!) but my bump has been the same with all 3 if not maybe a bit bigger with my boys but they were 2nd and 3rd babies so that's a given anyway :/

Hello Ladies (never sure what to great with, since we have so many different time zones lol)!

Maybesoon, your bumb looks adorable! I don't think you look big at all! I took a pic this morning so i'll be posting one as well!
Yesterday I made the mistake of wearing my pre-pregnancy pants (mostly because I was proving to myself that I can still wear them :dohh:)... boy what a mistake that was :cry:. I was sooo uncomfortable all day :wacko:. So I have made the following observations in regards to the beginning of the 3rd trimester:

1) No more pre-pregnancy pants... I am officially too big for them :haha:
2) Grayson has found a new game of wiggling and proding with his (what I can only assume to be) toes right above my belly button to the right! Mind you... hes pretty strong (in my humble opinion) and he does it slowly. :haha: Very funny feeling! I am always half tempted to expose my belly and see if I can count these infamous toes :rofl:. But like Doggylover... I'm at work and it may not be appreciated by most walking by :haha:
3) I am constantly hungry (and never for anything healthy :dohh:)
4) No matter how tired, sleeping is a major PITA!
5) "Pooping" Pre - During- and Post labor is now officially terrifying
6) I have decided that if Grayson is 10lbs or more --> He's staying in!! :coffee: . I AM NOT HAVING HIM! He can graduate in the womb :haha:

I don't understand it either. I guess because I've always heard that if you are having a girl your hips & butt grow & with a boy you are all belly. But I have seen it wrong almost every single time.

Mason lays with his feet in my pelvic area & his head in my left side ribs.

Don't worry Doggylover, they say bump size doesn't really correlate to birth weight anyway. I asked my MW about it a while ago because my bump was so small and she said it doesn't matter and not to worry. My bump was small but baby measures perfect for dates at all three scans and when the MW takes my bump measurement with the tape it was spot on. Day before 25 weeks and my size was 25 inches. There are other things like amount of fluid and torso shape and size, the way baby likes to lie, mother's height etc that can all make a bump seem bigger and smaller. So for all we know you could have a lovely average sized baby... and I could have a 10lb monster. :haha:

Your bump looks lovely maybesoon and I love the color of your sweater!

Also sleeping crap here too. My shoulders and hips get so achy from always being on my side. Hate putting the pillow under my right hip to sort of lie on my back and have resorted to the pillow between the legs thing to ease some of the pressure on my hips, but hate that too really. Suppose I will have to get used to it. :nope:

Re the slings, I think if people know how to use them then they are safe. There were some specific types that aren't recommended because they're not safe but ring slings are safe when used correctly. As a FTM I just didn't want to learn yet another thing so I just got a structured soft carrier so that its easier for me and because I know there is no way my hubby is going to learn how to use a ring sling :haha: I doubt he'll even be willing to try the moby. But ring slings do look super versatile so I can see why other people like them.

I have done nothing all day today. I need to rally and get some stuff around the house done. Still feel like I am on vacay mode. Back to work tomorrow though!

Steph.... OMG LMAO! We think so much alike. I told DH the other day as Mason was kicking around that if he weighs in over about 7.5lbs he's staying in. Although I'm pretty darn sure I will be one of those crazy women you see on tv that is screaming at the top of her lungs "GET IT OUT, GET IT OUT"!!!!!!

I was reading some brochure thing over the holidays called "Top 10 Reasons to Not Drink Alcohol During Pregnancy".... Well the #1 reason was because drinking alcohol during pregnancy causes "SMALL HEAD CIRCUMFRANCE" ummmmmmm.... I'm sorry, but from my stand point that shouldn't be the #1 reason. That led me to want to grab a bottle of wine & start drinking!!!!! lol I told DH that was a bad selling point for NOT drinking. He just looked at me & stated "so you want him to have a tiny brain?" I replied "NO, of course not, but if you were the one squeezing him out of your pee pee you wouldn't want him to have a big head either!"..... He started laughing and agreed really quick with me!!!!

Maybe Soon, that reminds me of a newspaper article I read ages ago. It was about a trend among teen mothers who continued or started smoking while pregnant because they wanted to have low birth weight babies as they thought it would be less painful! You are joking of course but apparently there are people who do it. :shock:

doggylover everyone is still saying I'm carrying too high for Mason to be a boy.

People are so stupid sometimes. Maybe they think you are trying to trick them and throw them off the scent... :wacko::wacko:

Ukgirl my SIL said I have a girl bump...but I'm with you and think its all nonsense. How do you know where benson's head is? I'd love to know which bit of baby I'm patting!

Steph...:rofl: at your pregnancy observations! I agree, if baby is too big it can just stay in! And I was going to try my last fitting pair of pre pregnancy trousers tomorrow, but I think you're right, I'll concede defeat on that one without giving myself the discomfort all day! And over Christmas everyone eats unhealthily, it's allowed! (I say this stuffing chocolate into my mouth even though Christmas is well and truly over...!)

Kirstabelle thanks for the reassurance :thumbup: I meant to ask my mw yesterday if I was a huge beast :haha: but it was a stand in and I didn't feel happy asking her that, so it's good to know that even if I am huge it might be lots of fluid! I also went for a ssc instead of a sling, mainly because I can't be bothered learning to tie a wrap, and like yours, my dh wouldn't be seen dead with one!!

Also sleeping awfully over here. And it's only getting worse...

Maybesoon :rofl: at that reason not to drink! I agree, small head sounds like a bonus to me :thumbup: shame about the other problems them alcohol could cause or I'd be cracking open the wine :haha:

And I can totally believe some teen mothers would smoke on purpose. I don't want to tar them all with the same brush, as many teen mums are better at being a mother than I will ever be, but some are just idiots! Although...some older mothers are too I guess!!

Wow! I can completely see some women smoking for lower birth rate also. I guess I just find these things silly because I would never risk my Mason's health for a lower birth rate or smaller head circumfrance. I do joke about if he's too big about leaving him in & stuff, but seriously, I know we are all joking on matters like that. It's sad that there are idiots out there that actually do things to make it happen! But then again, if you had to pass a smarts test before you could get pregnant there would be tons less babies born on a daily basis!!!!

So true, Maybesoon. I don't know about the USA/Canada, but here you have to have a license to have a TV, a license to own a dog....but anybody can have a baby :dohh:

Wow a license to have a TV??? That's wild.... We have nothing like that. But we do have a 4 dog limit per household in the city limits of the town I live in!!!

Okay ladies, here it is. The proof is in the pants :haha: But see, they go nowhere near the big part of my bump at all so that is why they still fit, I guess.

Attachments

• Bump week 27.jpg
    Bump week 27.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 6
  • PrePreg Pants.jpg
    PrePreg Pants.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 7
Why do you need a license to have a TV? What do they think you might do with an illegal TV?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->