April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Ong doggy lover the thought of your dog eating a dead fish, poop and vomit made me heave! Im quite sensitive with things like that, in fact, seeing people put things in there mouth that don't belong in there make me awful sick! My oh really likes to push my buttons with that one! My cats kept eating the tinsel from the tree over Christmas! That made me sick :( lol omg that pushchair looks amazing ukgirl!!!! If only all push hairs did that! It's basket could definatly be bigger and it could be a double buggy lol I'd be happy x

Sorry Kealz!!!! I have to say the cat poop part was particularly gross and I was squealing for Simon to come and sort the dog out :haha:

Bleugh!!! hahaha your dogs are gross!! :p The pram is rather pointless really, its just a seat unit and not a very good one at that but it LIGHTS UP oooooh and has a phone charger annnnnd it tells you how far you've walked! LOL I'm thinking that pram is for the parents comfort rather than the child's! xx

I'm still in bed <3 saturdays!!!

Oh I'm so jealous of you right now candy! I don't remember the last lay in I had, Paige is up so early and I have to be up with her apparently! Why she can't just go and play in her room and watch tv is beyond me!!! This morning she pulled my eyelids up and was like "mummy cereal!!! Wake up mummy up up up up up up" siiiigh, I tried to get an extra half hour but just wasn't happening, she put her cold feet and hands all over my back, started playing with my hair but it just hurt! Yet now were up she wants to go play in her room!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr! I was hoping to get some catch up sleep before little man gets here I don't honk it's going to happen somehow!

I saw your facebook rant Kealz and it had me laughing LOL I remember the days of annoying toddlers! I'm making the most of my weekends before I have to do it all again. Mine come in to get me up to make their breakfast then they go build a fort or play a game together. Usually I take them out on saturdays but its raining and Aaron's going to play football so lazy day for meeeeee :D
Connie gets into bed Aaron's side and puts her cold feet on him, she says he's warmer because he's fatter hahaha!

Awwwwwww Kealz, Paige is just enthusiastic about life :haha: you should have gotten her some cereal and brought her back to bed with you!

And yes, ukgirl, my dogs are disgraceful. And disobedient :dohh: but those wee faces would melt any heart :haha: I imagine that's the sort of pram overly rich people buy, as you say, for themselves rather than baby.

So I just booked our first little holiday away for when baby is here! Only to England for a wedding, but still! Now, technically at the minute the baby isn't coming as I couldn't book them as they have no name! But the helpful easyjet customer services man said they just add them on once they arrive :) exciting!

thats great doggylover! it's good to get away when you've had a baby it's refreshing even if it is just to the uk lol xx

I have dates and times for my baby shower but I cant decide where to hold it... I'm thinking pizza hut or toby carvery or something like that.. its more of a meal than a shower... I'm calling it dinner with friends with baby related talk :p

but Im wondering if its fair to invite people to a shower/meal and expect them to pay for themselves :/

Aw that's nice doggylover! It's still your first little holiday away together so it will be special! Where abouts in England are you going to? We took Paige to feutreventura for our first holiday when she was nearly a year! Probably won't be having a family holiday for a while now! My mum is saving up to take us all to Disneyland Florida when Paige is 6ish! Cannot wait!!!! We would never ba able to afford it other wise! Only 4.5 more years haha!!! Xxx

Ukgirl no question- it's Pizza Hut all the way in my book!! I don't think it's rude to ask them to pay for themselves, if its just dinner and baby chat, as a bit of a catch up before benson arrives.

We are heading to a wedding in Rotherham (not quite fuertaventura!) and then to dh's parents in Norfolk. Because he is from England any holidays we take for many years will be to his family so we can see them, and they can see baby, as much as possible. Flights are so expensive though (£170, which when typing doesn't seem like much, maybe I'm a cheapskate?!) so we won't get to go often, and I hate the thought of my in laws only seeing the baby a few times a years. They come over to us as well, but again it's expensive :( so yeah, no foreign holidays for us for a long time.

Although mil also said she wants to take us all to Disney in about 6 years. I shall allow her to do so :mrgreen:

Doggylover I just read your whole post but all my brain keeps thinking is 'pizza hut' lol!

yeh I was thinking pizzahut was the best bet too. I guess everyone can chip in on the final bill or put a fiver in or whatever. 10 people is like 5 large pizzas but you get free salad mmmmmmmmmmm salad.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm food

I feel the same way about my dog's "germs" as well. I think when they are family you don't really think of them as the germ-ridden beasts others might :haha:
:

Who are these other people thinking my babies are germ ridden beasts?! I'll kick their butts! :haha: in fairness in the last 10 days our youngest dog has rolled in and then eaten a dead fish he found, and washed that down with some cat poop and one of the other dogs vomit :dohh: in terms of cloth, it's great that you can order newborn diapers! That is something I am still not 100% on what I'm going to do. Newborn are so expensive and I will need so many, so I spoke to a few people and they said if I have size 1 little lambs fitteds they are most likely to be ok. I have lots of size 1 fitteds, so I'm oping they'll be ok, especially since I'm expecting a beast! So it's great to be able to order the newborn nappies and then just send them back. I would say maybe get them from around 36/37 weeks, and then plenty of time should she arrive early, and I would imagine by the time she's two months the rest will all fit. Unless she's a little bitty one!

Steph, what's a PITA?

Nimbec :haha: at the thought of a little chihuahua barking at a Great Dane!!!

Ukgirl :shock: that battery powered pram!!! I am 100% sure most of the things on it are totally unnecessary (lights one the front? An LCD temperature display?!) but it's still flipping cool!

PITA means Pain In The Ass :haha:

OK ladies, you have made me officially crave Pizza for breakfast lol. Rob wont be home till tonight, so I cant even send him to get some lol. I guess I will have to find something healthy :dohh:

Its so funny to hear you guys talk about Disney in Florida. I take it for granted that I live so close (3 hour drive). I usually go up there each year for Halloween horror nights, but I havnt been to the actually kids parts EVER lol.
My dream vacation would be Ireland, Scotland, or Greece lol. I guess we all want what we cant have :haha:

Doggy lover £170 is crazy considering ur only over the way from us!!! I'd love to go to Ireland! I have to say I have a thing for an Irish accent! Lol! Steph its crazy, for us, family of 4 its like £8,000 ish not including spending money for 2 weeks!!!! And you go every halloween? Lol so not fair! I have a confession ladies, I keep having naughty dreams about James McAvoy and Tom hardy!!! Like awfully naughty naughty dreams! And I'm a sleep talker!!!! My oh heard me mumbling toms name last night!!!!! I didn't even know what to say omg lol!!!!!!

Kealz :rofl: I don't even know who those two are (I'm thinking sports people?) but very very funny!!!

Steph, oh :blush: I thought PITA was a breed of dog :haha: like maybe in America you call pit bulls that or something :dohh:

uk ladies, did any of you catch 16 kids and counting last night?? I just watched it on catch up.. omg.. that is mental! She plans to have more kids too... do you think it's possible to become addicted to being pregnant? I love being pregnant and I definitely miss my bump and wriggly baby inside when I've had my baby but I don't think I could have 16 kids. I'm having the coil after Benson, me and Aaron have agreed that at 3 kids our family is completed. Plus I need to have my own life at some point! :/

Lol i log on and it takes me to this last page and you all are talking about PIZZA! I went to a buffet yesterday at Pizza Pro here in town on a sorta date with OH! Oh my goodness it was absolutely delicious.

I am hungry all the time and now you have me thinking about eating again! I don't even know what i read anymore from like page 797 or so either.....When i go into the DR he is going to tell me what a fat ass i am!

Ukgirl we have the Duggers here in Arkansas that have 20 kids. They have a show called 20 kids and counting and they have the same theory that it is God's plan for how many children they have and when HE thinks they shouldn't have anymore then he won't let them get pregnant. Crazy crap there i swear. Not this woman...I am still debating on having one more for the sake of Emmaleigh not being lonely(like my youngest DS was). Words there are thinking...i have no idea yet were that will fall.

i saw the lady in America with 20 kids on a tv show here, I saw a bit where they were actually on the way to hospital to have her baby and she was talking about having one more after this one was out and how soon after they could try. I really don't understand it because they don't get any time to enjoy the babies and kids they already have.

It was hard to imagine having more babies after having my first for a while. I didn't want to try for more until a year or so after having Connie. Took me 4 years to decide to have this baby lol. 2 is hard work, 3's going to be interesting I couldn't imagine having 20!

Wow... lots to catch up on. Chatty ladies!

Small dogs v.s big dogs: I LOVE big dogs. I am not a small dog person at all, especially if my cat is bigger! Growing up I had a black lab/shepherd mix and then a pure bred german shepherd who ended up the size of a horse. Big dogs make me happy and I feel so comfortable around them because it's what I grew up with. As soon as DH and I have a house with a yard we want to get our own dog. I'd really like a Bernese Mountain Dog! They're sooooo pretty!

Babies licking the floor/Babies and pets: :rofl: Last night we hosted a friends B-day party, and one of our other friends has a little girl who is just shy of a year old. So they came for a little bit to visit. The little girl doesn't really crawl, but she she does a butt shimmy to get around. Anyway, our coffee table has glass doors on it and she kept trying to lick them! :shrug: I was like, uh... I wouldn't like those if I were you... they're not going to be very tasty! lol

Also, last night was the first time our cat Hadrian has every really met a baby. The little girl has been here before, but now while she was mobile enough to actually go over to him and she LOVES cats. So it was very interesting to see how the cat was going to react... he let her shimmy over to him and he was kind of checking her out... and he let her pet him a couple of times, but then she squealed and he bolted! lol Poor cat. Not used to hearing that decible. He did let her try again later though, but she squealed before she even touched him that time, so he took off again. :haha:

Pizza Hut: Mmmmmmm..... I do love pizza hut, although what I really want right now is some poutine. I could devour a nice big plate of poutine!

ukgirl: on asking people about paying for supper: I would say if it's just a catch up dinner then it's certainly not rude to ask people to pay or at least chip in, if it's more "shower" and people will be buying you gifts and stuff then maybe just ask for a small contribution from each person?

I think that's it... sorry if I missed anything! Last night was a late night and I'm not really fully awake yet. :haha:

UK I agree with readytomum - if it's more a 'get together' just to celebrate the new baby then I think it would be appropriate to have/ask/expect people to chip in, however if it's more like a shower and there are gifts involved I would prob foot the pizza bill myself :) some people may bring a small something for baby even if the intention is just catching up with family anyways though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->