April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

jenny look in sainsburies they had some nice ones in there for about £25, bed in a bag type thing xx

doggylover, I've got 10 grovia all in 2s now in my basket they all come with a liner and a booster vut they advise for a full set to have 10 shells and 20 liners so do I buy an extra 20 liners and boosters or can I not just use the ones I get with the other shells?

oooops dont worry I misread the listing, you have to buy the soakers seperat so I'll need 20

Oh I'm so jealous I love the grovia so so much! Can't wait to find out what gender this baby is to buy them all up! I love love love the woodlands pattern....I hope you got one!

I'm going to buy maybe around 3 grovia shells and then about 7 extra inserts (so 10 in total) as ill be using them once baby is a bit bigger and won't need changed as much, so that (along with my other nappies) should see me through a day.

Jenny have you tried tesco and asda? They both have baby events on at the minute so everything is reduced. Not sure if they have what you like, but maybe worth a wee peek.

I got woodlands. owls. planes. then colours black. brown. blue. ice. yellow and kiwi I got a few more but Ive forgotten them. I am thinking of starting from about 1 month. I love grovia too they are perfect for me as I have a lot of washing to do as it is. this cuts down on a lot plus they are one size so they should last Benson about 3 years :)

You've just made me even more jealous...Benson is going to have the best looking bum in England!!! Are you going to use disposables until he fits them well? We bought 1 pack of newborn disposables to use in the hospital, and just incase our nappies don't fit right away. I'll be gutted if they don't, as I've been so annoyed with my mum who keeps implying that CD is too difficult, and we shouldn't bother and just use pampers all the time.

What she fails to realise is that just makes me more determined!

yeh I'll be using pampers for the first month while babies bowels stabilize lol, like another lady on here said before, I don't fancy scrubbing meconium out of my new nappies lol plus newborns poo between every feed. I love all the printed nappies I've seen. Have you seen the animal ones you can buy/ I think they are minkymoo they are super cute.

I was having the same talk with my aunt who CD'ed my cousin 22 years ago, she only had flats and rubber pant covers she was amazed at how far CDing has come. It is much simpler now than it was and with all-in-1s and all-in-2s it's really almost the same as using disposables. Plus I think they look nicer.

My family just aren't interested in it at all, which makes me sad. My mum actually asked if she can still use disposables when she babysits, and I just said "but why would you when we will have these available, and all YOU have to do is take them off and put them into a bag for ME to take care of?" Maybe once we start she will realise how much easier they are now than when she used them (30 years ago!!!)

Yep, we want to wait for the real sticky stuff to be out of the way before beginning :haha: I've read that it starts to transition after about 3 days, so I'm hoping after the first week we will be good to go (as long as they fit!)

they should fit fine, have you got poppers or velcro? you can always stick in an extra soaker to bulk it out a bit I guess, I'm the first person on my mums side to us CDs so my mum is really interested in it. My dad hasn't got a clue what I'm talking about lol. I agree with you, if you have CDs there people should use them, they are basically the same as disposables anyway. I'm sure she will change her mind when she sees how easy it is like you said... Aaron was against them before I showed him what they were now he is happy to use them too xx

Jenny I was exactly the same so I opted for eBay! I got a mamas papas scrapbook boy bumper & quilt set for £25 it's been hardly used and looks like new! Just a thought!

Gosh Doggylover & Ukgirl hats off to you both cloth diapering :) uk do you do it with your first two? I just couldn't face the extra work/washing lazy I know plus the initial outlay is scary :S but if that's what you guys want to do then everyone and your relatives should respect that!!

I just had a show down with my mother over my dog. She feels very strongly that he should not be allowd near baby, on sofa or my bed!! Clearly I would NEVER leave them unattended but they will learn to live along side each other not be separated grrrrr he's such a tiny boy too only weighs 1.5 pounds and is harmless as proven by his behaviour around my friends newborn! Rant over sorry!!! Just incase u have one near you 99p stores have all johnsons baby stuff for 99p the same size as in boots for nearly £2

Hope you are all ok!!

I didn't nimbec, I wish I had but it wasn't available to me in Norway at that time, Their baby products are rather basic unfortunately. That sucks about your mum. Hopefully when she sees how good your doggy is around baby she'll relax a bit xx

Evening all, sorry not been posting much but ive been trying to keep up reading, this thread moves so fast!

Doggylover, sorry to hear your mum isnt enthused about CD, I agree with others if thats what you have chose to do she should respect it and do as you do

UKgirl, dont blame you for using disposies for the start though, I agree that new baby poo is NOT pleasant and i cant imagine having to wash it out of anything!

Clothed bums are very cute, Im with Nimbec though, just a little bit lazy lol, can barely keep up with all the washing and ironing now! lol

Nimbec, sorry to hear your mum is upsetting you over the dog, its common sense with these things really, my dog wasnt at all used to children when DS was born so we had to be really careful (we have a minature schnauzer) but hes never had an aggressive bone in his body, the only problem we had was he was very curious and would try and jump up the moses basket etc.Hes fine now though and they are the best of friends, Harrison tends to terrorise Rocky now!

AFM, had MW appointment on Friday, nothing major to report, BP fine, urine fine, movement fine, got MATB1 at last and my bump is measuring a week ahead which im quite pleased about as i could have sworn im a lot bigger than that :wacko:
Has anyone had the whooping cough jab yet (not wanting to get into a pro vs neg conversation re jabs) just wondered as im having mine tomorrow

Hi Ladies,

Doggylover and UKgirl, I love the look of CD but I'm very lazy too and couldnt get myself to do more laundry then I need to. Plus, with LO being in daycare from 3 months on, its just easier to do disposable :shrug:.

Melissa, I received the whooping cough vac before I got pregnant and my doc gave it to OH when he had to do his bloodwork. I didn't have any issues with it. To me, I would rather be covered just in case... that way LO has one less thing to worry about... (or I do :haha:)...
At my appointment on Thursday I measured 1 week ahead as well... but they say that the measurements are not that accurate anyways, so my doc said nothing to worry about.

AFM, busy day today. OH is in town and we are trying to get as much done as possible (while he is here). It's 3pm now, and I could take a nap already lol.

Hi all!

Melissa I had my jab last Wednesday, it stings a little but nothing too bad. I've had a bit of a reaction to it a lump where I was injected but I'm a sensitive sole - I have Midwiffe appt in the morning and will mention it then but am not worried as I'm a nurse!

Sat watching one born every minute hehe oh looks terrified lol!!!

I totally understand why people don't want to cloth diaper- to be honest until I was actually pregnant I had never even thought about it. I think it's been something for me to concentrate on during pregnancy, and I think I'm going to be someone who spends all their money and time on cute diapers rather than cute clothes!!

Nimbec sorry to hear about your mum and your dog. She'll change her mind we she sees how he gets along with lo. Also, does he really only weigh 1.5lbs?! One of our dogs weighs 40kg which I think is about 88lbs!!! I can't imagine such a little doggy!

Melissa I haven't had my whooping cough jab yet but I've heard some people say it left their arm really sore. My flu jab did, so I imagine this one will be sore as well.

I'm so annoyed- the new mortgage company we are sorting out with contacted my boss without mentioning it to me. Which means I could t mention it to him as I didn't know, so he sent me an email about it and I feel awful for it having been sprung on him. Plus he is going to have to tell them that my contract isn't being renewed and I'm worried it will affect our application. Unless I can convince him to be stage truth for us. :growlmad:

Free Doggylover so annoying how rude of them to contact him without consulting you first!!!!! Yes he is really tiny about 12 inches long and about 10inches tall roughly lol es teeny weeny!!! He fits in the length between my wrist and elbow! I love big dogs too!! We had to labs when I was young. Ill post a pic later if I can get on computer I don't think u can do it from a phone..

Oh that is itty bitty! Bless him, he could sit on the baby (although fingers crossed he won't) and do not a button of damage! The baby will already weigh more than him!!

I sent my boss a very apologetic email, and he emailed me straight back (we are both so cool to be doing work emails on Sunday night) saying it was no problem, but I'm still annoyed, and worried that this will screw up the application.

Eek fingers crossed he maybe able to word it in a way that isn't lying but isn't strictly the truth......

I'm hoping so. I'm counting on the fact that he felt awful about telling a pregnant woman her job wasn't being renewed, and won't want to have to be the bearer of bad news on this front as well :haha: he's probably remembering me sobbing in his office and trying desperately to think of ways he can phrase things so he never has to deal with that again!!!

I'm wiped today ladies!

Hosting that birthday party till so late on Friday night has still got me beat, and today has been a very busy day! I made a COSTO run with my SIL this morning and stocked up on bulk items from there. Came home and had lunch. Then DH and I went to Toys R Us to add some small things to our registry and to pick out our crib mattress. Then we went on a bus adventure to the Sears Outlet center to look at recliners and ordered a new one which will be delivered on Wednesday. Had some Thai food for dinner at a restaurant near us and then had to go and get regular groceries before heading back home.

I'm so achy and my ribs are sore! My feet are definitely swollen too after all the walking/standing. So I'm sitting in a comfy chair at home now with my feet up, just counting down to reasonable bed time. :haha:

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be meeting up with a girlfriend to try and find a dress for my sisters wedding. :dohh: The last thing I want to think about right now is having to walk around a mall for hours... but I really need to start looking for this dress. I need something in dark purple that will still fit me in 2 months time when bump grows some more. I hate clothes shopping at the best of times. Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->