April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

That link isnt working on my phone hun.. Im not sure about them all fitting but if they dont its no a problem as Connie is old enough to go with out her carseat now. We have a vauxhall meriva which is quite spacious in the back so fingers crossed.. Which wet nappy bag did you get? I was looking at the minky mint stripe wet bag but Im really not sure I just need those nappies on ebay first I wish had a buy it now option... after messaging her to ask what colours they were she replied that they are all green but I guess I cant complain since Im getting a good price on them and I can always add to my stash later on when money is better.

rolly belly has begun yayyyy I feel like Ben is doing flips in there I keep telli g him hes getting too big for that now but hes not listening and I know he can hear me because when I bang around the kitchen he jumps haha. 2 people today told me I look like Im ready to drop... it really does scare me when people comment on how big my bump is. I can not wait to get my fundal measurements next friday for somr peace of mind xx

We got a 0-4 kiddicare car seat for H its fantastic and was only 45 pound new. Although its 0-4 its for babies over 20lb so not for a newborn, H was in it from about 6 months oldx

Ukgirl I got a monkey foot wet bag (the hedgehog pattern) I got the medium as it said it was enough to hold 2-3 nappies when out, but it looks kind of small. I'm not sure if I'm overestimating how big nappies are (I should go upstairs and pack some in to see!) or if it is just pretty small. There are so many choices, all so pretty! It's weird that the eBay listing nappies are all green - you'd think she would have wanted some variety?! But as you say, super cheap so definitely no complaining! I imagine a Meriva will have loads of room for 3 car seats!

After we are done with our cabriofix we had supposed we would go on to a maxi cosi pearl car seat, but now I'm thinking a 0-4 might be a better option, and just save the isofix for when the next one comes along...

I was looking at the monkey foot bags too they have a nice apple print bag. I do worry why she didnt want a selection of colours.. You might need a bigger wet bag for travelling on the plane but for small trips out they should be fine xx I was going for the car seat that fits to the chasis of the evo but Its not needed if we can get one seat for half the price and lasts longer. If I didnt have other kids to spend cash on I probably would have both seats though. xx

oh doggylover, just seen your link, yes thats the exact car seat we have, apologies, we only used it facing forward, so yes suitable from birth rear facing, didnt mean to confuse anyone, its a great car seat, my parents have the same seat for their car too

Oh I didn't realise you can use that seat rear facing as well. They are amazing value!!

Ukgirl, yeah I think I am going to get some bigger wet bags as well, maybe not the monkey foot ones though as they are pretty expensive. A cheaply big one for when we travel. And I am searching high and low for a nice looking nappy bucket for the nursery. The only ones I see aren't as nice looking as I would like!

I found a wet bag with a draw string which can hang on the back of a door which I will probably use I cant remember the name of it but It closes so that no smells escape so you dont need the bucket. I know what you mean about the wet bags looking very pretty x

Just a quick one to say hi!

Good luck tomorrow mommabrown ill be thinking of you!!!

Wow I must look at that link sounds fab 4yrs use- Blimey!

Hope all ok, I survived the anti d jab :) now just got to get Wednesdays mini op out the way! It's really worrying me :(

Hi Girls, just stopping by!! ;0)

Got a busy week this week, had midwife today. She was concerned I hadnt heard from a consultant yet. I am measuring ahead on fundal height but thats expected as I had a tummy before falling preggers! Anyway, called hospital and I am booked in for a 28 week growth scan on Thursday.

I have my GTT tomorrow. YAY... not.

I also have booked a 4d scan for Saturday! So excited!! How is everyone feeling?!!? xxx

TeAmo you've got a busy few days ahead! Are you having the growth scan just to confirm baby's size after your fundal is measuring ahead? Your 4d scan will be great- you have to post the pictures for us to see. Good luck for your gtt- I'm sure you will be fine :)

Nimbec, I am sure your op will go just fine, but I think it's totally natural to worry, especially when pregnant. And glad to hear you survived your jab.

Ukgirl I just found some cheap wet bags on tiny nippers, everything they have is so cheap! I'm wondering about the quality though...

I am under consultant care for BMI, (which is a complete waste of time!!) and because of my son's kidney problems . I was under it last time too and had the most straightforward pregnancy and labour... so anyway this time I have had no contact from them at all. I wasnt really that bothered but today the midwife was! So she called the hospital and got me booked in for growth scan on Thursday. The reason being that they cant monitor growth well with me being SO ABSOLUTELY FRICKING HUGE... that was sarcasm jut in case you didnt get it. Im a bit bitter arent i. haha. I will have another scan at 32 weeks too I believe but will know on Thursday.

Yes 4d scan will be awesome. The one with my son was amazing. :) GTT sucks be better than being at work! xx

ok ladies... I guess I'm just over emotional these days.... One of my dear cousins who lives 4 hours away asked me to post a preggo pic on our family facebook page so she & her parents could see me since we live so far apart & I haven't made the trip there since being pregnant.

So I posted a bump picture. Now we have a 2nd cousin who is retired & feels the need to comment on every single post anyone makes at all whether it's on their personal page or the family page (I have her blocked from seeing the posts I put on my personal page).

So within 30 seconds of my picture uploading the to family fb page she makes a comment stating "Oh Chantel, you have always been just straight up & down, but now that you are pregnant you have lots of curves and you are now a beautiful woman"..... One of my cousins replies to her "Peggy, that was just plain rude, so she was ugly before getting pregnant?".... Well this started a huge argument on my family page (that I set up 2 1/2 years ago so we could all stay connected). DH was involved in posting a comment about less being more & sometime's people just need to know when to keep their opinions to themselves. Well finally this morning (while waiting for my GTT) I was reading through all of the posts with that cousin trying to dig herself out (only making it worse) talking about how I have "always" been skinny. Well the majority of that side of my family are on the large side. There's only a couple of us who have remained small. So I finally had enough & made a comment "Peggy, yes... I have, AM & will most likely always be skinny. As I read through your comments, I realize that you have an issue with my size. I'm sorry you spend your entire day baking things such as brownies, breads, cakes, pies, etc. & then spend your entire night eating them. Maybe if you tried a little restraint on what you shove in your mouth & got up & got some exercise the way that I do, you too would be thin..... Oh wait, that wasn't a very nice thing to say.... My point is, sometimes you need to think about what you are saying to people. You pointing out my size & saying now that I have a huge stomach & boobs (to match yours) that makes me beautiful to you is no different than me pointing out you have an ass the size of an elephant & maybe if you would lose some of that weight you would be beautiful.... Just remember less is more & sometimes people really don't give 2 shits what you think.... I'm happy with how I look & I hate to disappoint you, but I'm pretty damn sure that after my little man is born, I will go right back to being "straight up & down"....

I think I went a little overboard, but I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I'm so sick & tired of her always talking shit about how "skinny" I am.... I have always had curves, I just don't wear the type of clothing around her that would show that stuff. I only see this woman a couple of times a year at a family reunion & Relay for Life neither of which are situations where I would be dressed in anything but baggy t-shirts & wind/jogging pants (comfy clothes)....

Sorry for the rant ladies.....

TeAmo, Good luck for you GTT tomorrow... I'm sure you'll pass just find.
Mommabrown, please let us know how tomorrow goes for you! Try not be nervous, I'm sure everything will go well!!

I never heard back from my doc today (they said they would call if my GTT test came back high or low Iron). Their office closes in 30 min so I hope that means I'm clear!!

AFM... WHAT A DAY! I walked into work at 8am this morning to find out that a motorcycle had crashed into the back of our building (about 2 offices away from me). The whole office smelt like gasoline and fire. Guess the motorcyclist hit the building last night at 11.30 and one of our guys found him at 6.30 this morning! Needless to say... Not a pretty sight! Police were here all day trying to sort through what happened. Looks like a suicide. He hit the wall going about 160mph without so much as a brake mark. He had left his helmet at the other end of the parking lot. By noon they had finally cleared the body out of here and are still doing the cleanup outside (since te impact "spread the pieces" quite far).
Turns out it was the director from our sister company next door who quit last month... So now the entire office has been in a very odd mood all day. So ready to go home and try to get the picture out of my head (since I saw A LOT)... Totally wish I could drink tonight, but I guess some chocolate ice cream will have to do!
Sorry if that post was a little gross/ dark... I just needed to vent I guess.

^^ hahahaha OMG. WOW. :) You said what you needed to say! xx

Wow Steph.... That's crazy! Hope you weren't in the office all day breathing in those gas fumes! I can't imagine trying to get any work done with all that stuff going on in the same building! They should have sent everyone home for the day until they got it all under control.... I say go home, prop your feet up & enjoy that ice cream!!!!

Steph that's awful!! So sorry you had to see this. I used to work in a &e and some of the sights I saw where truly awful so I can totally relate to how you feel. The best thing you can do is talk about it LOTS and eventually the pics will disappear from your head. (((Hugs)))

Maybesoon go girl!!!!! You said what needed to be said hehe I was chuckling whilst reading it thinking I may borrow some of it when I'm told that next time ;) !!

Good luck to everyone having GTT tests it seems I've escaped that one! I hope!

Thanks nimbec.... How the heck did you get out of the GTT??? Lucky you!!!

I just get so sick & tired of everyone constantly commenting about how my boobs have gotten SOOOOO BIG & OH MY, YOUR REALLY SHOWING.... No crap isn't that what normally happens when women get pregnant?!?!?! And it's not just that one 2nd cousin, it's been a lot of people.... And some of them are women that I would have NEVER said anything like that when they were pregnant. It's just getting old already & we still have approximately 3 months of that crap to put up with....... ugh

TeAmo, Good luck for you GTT tomorrow... I'm sure you'll pass just find.
Mommabrown, please let us know how tomorrow goes for you! Try not be nervous, I'm sure everything will go well!!

I never heard back from my doc today (they said they would call if my GTT test came back high or low Iron). Their office closes in 30 min so I hope that means I'm clear!!

AFM... WHAT A DAY! I walked into work at 8am this morning to find out that a motorcycle had crashed into the back of our building (about 2 offices away from me). The whole office smelt like gasoline and fire. Guess the motorcyclist hit the building last night at 11.30 and one of our guys found him at 6.30 this morning! Needless to say... Not a pretty sight! Police were here all day trying to sort through what happened. Looks like a suicide. He hit the wall going about 160mph without so much as a brake mark. He had left his helmet at the other end of the parking lot. By noon they had finally cleared the body out of here and are still doing the cleanup outside (since te impact "spread the pieces" quite far).
Turns out it was the director from our sister company next door who quit last month... So now the entire office has been in a very odd mood all day. So ready to go home and try to get the picture out of my head (since I saw A LOT)... Totally wish I could drink tonight, but I guess some chocolate ice cream will have to do!
Sorry if that post was a little gross/ dark... I just needed to vent I guess.

oh hun :hugs::hugs: not the thing you want to see! How shocking xx

Urgh steph that isnt nice at all I hope you are feeling better now..

maybesoon well done for sticking up for yourself!

Horray for no gt test nimbec!! I dont have to have one either :D yay!

Teamo sorry to hear that you are back under consultant care. it is nice that you can have extra scans though. Im a bit sad that I might not get to see my Little Benny Benson until he is born xx

Thanks nimbec.... How the heck did you get out of the GTT??? Lucky you!!!

I just get so sick & tired of everyone constantly commenting about how my boobs have gotten SOOOOO BIG & OH MY, YOUR REALLY SHOWING.... No crap isn't that what normally happens when women get pregnant?!?!?! And it's not just that one 2nd cousin, it's been a lot of people.... And some of them are women that I would have NEVER said anything like that when they were pregnant. It's just getting old already & we still have approximately 3 months of that crap to put up with....... ugh

I haven't gotten much of that so far... a few comments on my bump, but that's it. I'm pretty sure my boobs haven't really gotten any bigger at all! :blush: Even pregnant I'm doomed to be boob-less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->