April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

He will have just finished another bottle (usually a small one of 2-3 oz) and as soon as he's in my arm, he will start crying and rooting like he hasn't been fed in days :rofl:. I'm not sure if this is healthy, but I just love that he still needs me :blush:

I do sometimes wonder if its healthy for me to feed Isabelle every time she is upset. My philosophy is if she isn't hungry, she won't eat, but I do worry I am going to create a kid who can't settle without boob.

Parenting is such a minefield...

Hey girls...I feed Emme everytime she is upset too and it usually is what she is wanting anyways. Totally agree with Sarah!

I read back but all that keeps sticking in my mind is what Candy was saying...Honey I know he has put you through hell and back and you fight your ass off to do what you have to do to protect your kids. I don't know what the supervisor was thinking. I know you want him to be in the kids life but only if you know they aren't going to be hurt and with his History I am sure you can prove that they need to keep being supervised.

Afm, well yesterday was an ok day. I texted on and off with Laurynn all day and then one of our friends that is also friends with her on FB said she had posted a bunch of photos i couldn't see and it pissed me off and I let her know. ...long story short she hasn't talked to me all day today and she has been on Facebook for the last couple of hours but hasn't returned any of my text. I know she is having fun but it still hurts that they act like this towards me. I feel like giving up...I am so upset today. To top it all off I was supposed to get them today for my visitation and they are on Vacation so I won't get them for 2 weeks. It just hurts as a Mom to see your kids reject you.

Oh mommabrown :hugs: maybe the pictures were ones she didn't want you to see, not because she is rejecting you, but because you are her mom, and its not "cool" for your mom to see pictures of you doing whatever she was doing.
That definitely sucks that they are on vacation. Do you get extra time with them when they are back?

Afm: Isabelle slept 7hrs 15mins to the dot again. Must be her new thing :haha: I took my pump to bed, so at 4am I had her on one side and was pumping off the other! And she was great after that too, she slept or lay peacefully in her crib until 7.15am. She usually has a little cry in the morning, but not today. I think I have been forcing her to get 'up' at 8am and sleep before that and her natural routine has shifted, so obviously she has been grumpy about us making her do something she doesn't want to do!

Shell, I agree 100% with Sarah!! Laurynn is growing up and doing things that she doesnt want you to see! I'm sure it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with the fact, that she prob is embarrassed for you to see them (you know... kids do silly things, that they think are cool... but only cool for other kids to see). She certainly blocked her dad and all other authority figures form seeing them as well!!
As much as I love new technology, I also hate it! We didnt have the choice to ignore anyone at that age! Sorry that she is being difficult! :hugs:

Thanks girls. I have to realize she isn't a little girl any more. Sarah I was supposed to but now her Dad is being a jerk and not allowing me to see them till Next weekend. :'(
Steph it makes it so difficult to protect them in a crazy world like this when they have all these ways of putting themselves out there. I come off as the over protective crazy mom while Stepmom is cool and lets them do whatever the hell they want. I know I am just being sensitive to everything as I miss them and want them back.

I can only imagine how difficult this must be right now... Not to mention, totally unfair!

mommabrown it must be really hard for you in that situation. Cool stepmum is not you though. She can never be you.. Lauynn is being a typical kid and doing things to piss you off. I have seen how close she is to you in pics on FB and that she mentioned you at her pagent and not her stepmum. I hope soon she will talk to you. It is disgusting that you dont get your kids on the days that are set out for you. He's just being difficult xxx

Just popping in quick on my phone while the little man is feeding. I don't have a lot to say, except that I agree with doggylover! Ex-husbands are dicks and I'm so sorry you ladies keep having troubles with them!!

Peter and I tried out our Infantino carrier again today and we were finally successful with it! He cried for a minute when he first when in as per usual, but then he fell asleep! So we left the house for about an hour and a half, and he stayed asleep the whole time. Huzzah!

Ive alao been using our carrier today.. Ive mastered the babasling and now I love it.It tkes all the weight off my arms but I still hold round him because Im scared he might fall out haha.. Im the same with my carrier Im scares that suddenly it might unbuckle so I hold him still.

I used to think swings were a waste of money until Benny was born.. mainly because with my older children, when they were babies I had time to sit diwn with them all day! But now I do not! I have a house to clean after my mini tornados mess it up and so I got a swing and omg it is frikking awesome!! Ben had £200 gifted to him so we used it to buy a Graco Sweetpeace swing Its a bit pricey but its worth the money. He settles so well in it I actually managed to clean the whole kitchen tickle Luke and cook the kids some dinner! I turn it off once he is sleeping. :-D

I do the same Candy! I hold her tight while she is in her carrier. Emme still hasn't really stayed in her swing for more than 10-15mins but it is a long enough break that I can eat or get paying bills online done.
If anyone on Facebook could tell Emmaleigh and I spend lots of time chillin out in our hammock. That was bought way before she was thought of but that is the one thing I don't think we could live without. As soon as we lay down in it she is either fast a sleep or chill as a bug looking around. Silly girl.

Thanks Candy Laurynn and I have a great relationship and I always try to talk with her about things that are on her mind but since they have been gone it had been a little different and I feel I smoother her with the I love yous and miss you so much's! They aren't leaving Orange Beach till Monday and tonight they are going out on the boat to see the dolphins. I want her and Brandon to have a blast but deep down in my gut I wish bad things upon their Dad because this is time I should be getting with them.

I also hold izzy when she's in her carrier. Mainly because what the heck else would I do with me arms?! Either tuck my hands into my pockets (which is dangerous is I fall as nothing to break the fall except a baby!) or cuddle her!

Readytomum izzy also cries when she first goes into her carrier, I think it's because I push and prod her to get her in right!

Izzy has a sing at my parents and she loves it! They are definitely a great invention!

Mommabrown: I saw the hammock pic, so jealous! It looks amazingly comfy!

Ha ha I have never thought about my hands that way Sarah. Our hammock is amazing I would sleep in it over night if I could! Lol

Emmaleigh must be feeling my emotions today...she has been fussy and clingy. Allen and I are arguing over discipling Landon and he says I am taking my feelings out on him. Made me madder I just expect my son to listen to me when I tell him to do something. Ugh Men!

mommabrown I've seen the pics of the hammock, it looks super comfy! I want one too! I understand what you mean and I think it's normal that you would feel that way! I would be the same. I've thought terrible things about my ex lol. He's being totally unreasonable to you, there's no wonder you feel that way xx

Doggie lover, hopefully I wont be on the tablets for too long, they are working though which is a good thing. Don't be jealous about her sleeping through! It only happened twice, complete fluke! It's hard when they cry and you can't figure out what's wrong with them and nothing makes them happy. Don't feel guilty its so hard sometimes. In regards to having two children, it is harder, however you just manage, I don't know how, you just do!

UK girl, I laughed out loud with the whole Bentson being your birth control! That's so true and funny!

Steph82 , it's really good that a af hasn't affected your supply, That's one thing I was worried about when I was breastfeeding. In regards to night feeds, I get up with Lexi during the week as Kevs in work, but then he will do it on Friday and Saturday nights.

Ready to mum, I love baby groups they are really helpful for getting you out of the house and making new friends. In regards to baby having their own room it's completely up to you and what makes you comfortable. Roxy didn't go in hers until she was nine months old, and I think this one will be the same but that's just what works for us.

Will update with my info later as I'm on the phone and baby needs feeding! Xxx

Hey ladies, i know ive been naughty and not been up. Paige loves to stay awake alot more now. I have aswing to but its not illike your candy. Bloody batteries died in it so need more. I got her a therometre and that batteries you get in it doesnt work lol. she got her jags thursday and has been pretty good. She does have her tanturms though :(.

I'm starting to feel down though just about my body... I've start the gym with my sister and i check the scales on Thursday and i lost 2 pound. and i know your meant to stick to one set of scales but i cant help myself. Mums make me 5-6 heavier than me own ones and the gyms :(. Feel like i've gain that 2 pound back although i was on my period past few days i normal gain 6 pounds :( but i don't seem to have dropped it of yet. I'm hoping this is my period finished today lol.. tricked me yesterday.

To get into healthy bmi rate i need to lose 60 pounds :( im at 15st point 2lbs just now before pregnancy i was 13st so i gain all that back plus more :(.

When im dealing with paige snack (sweets crisps) are the easy thing to grab but i would love to change it to healthy option.

Anyways else having trouble getting the weight un-control again or im i trying to hard to soon :( xxx

Cherry I'm not too happy about my weight either. On my wedding day two years ago I was 9st, but usually I'm more like 9.5/getting towards 10. I went up to 12st during pregnancy, and the week after she was born I dropped down to 11.......where I have remained. I walk a lot with the dogs, but like you I am AWFUL about snacking on junk. So I made a really big effort to cut out all snacks, especially junk, this week and am now down to 10st 8. So that's around 5/6lbs just by not snacking. Every time I head for the cupboard I just think that it isn't worth it. I also just didnt buy any snacks that I like this week.
So definitely try to cut them out if possible, I think you'll notice a big difference. That said I do eat a LOT of junk food!

Isabelle has been very 'difficult' at bedtime the last two nights. Both nights she self settled (yay!) but only slept half an hour, then for the next 30/45mins she wakes up, I soothe her back to sleep for 10 mins...she wakes up etc. so last night this went in until 11pm, which is ridiculously late for her. Then she only slept til 2.30am, and 5am. She is a monkey. Apart from the late going to sleep, her night wasnt too awful, but I am exhausted today.

OMG I never get a chance to post in here any more! I'm constantly Opening the page to type and just as I start, either the dog (we have 3 week old puppies at the mo) or the baby or the toddler will start yelling lol!

If I compare my baby to all of your sweet little things, it would seem like I am raising some kind of wild animal!

Self soothe?? Let his dad or anyone else hold him for more than 20 seconds?? Sleep?? Sit in a buggy?? Allow mummy to use the loo without demanding milk at that exact moment?? err VERY NO!!!! Hahahaha :rofl:

Vin is only happy when he is attached to me or passed out from exhaustion lol!!! That includes overnight!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->