April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Emmaleigh had a long stretch of sleep for the very first time! She went to sleep at 8 pm till 2am! She only ate a tiny bit and was back to sleep....I think its because I put her in bed with me in the early am during feedings....then slept till 7 am because she had a massive poop.

Cherry and Sarah I try to drink a lot of water I lost 25lbs after having Emmaleigh and I haven't gained or lost since her birth. I really wanna tone my belly after having her but to be honest after 4kids it really is flabby. Insanity work out is what I am gonna try.

I've been wondering about the whole exercising and losing weight/toning as well. I'm within a pound or so of being back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but before I got pregnant I was trying to lose some weight to begin with, so I would ideally like to lose at least 15 more pounds still!

I too keep having troubles with grabbing unhealthy snacks to eat instead of making better choices. Part of the problem is that stuff is ready to eat and doesn't take any time or effort to prepare. Now that Peter is awake most of the day I find it really hard to prepare a proper meal for lunch or dinner, if I get lunch at all! I think what I might start doing is at night once Peter is down is chop up some veggie sticks so that I have them ready to go the next day--that way I have no excuse for not eating at least SOME veggies! :dohh:

Hello ladies!!

As for weightloss, I'm with Shell. I lost 23 lbs within the first 2 weeks and have only lost 2 more lbs since :shrug:. Being that I had gained a total of 23lbs during pregnancy, I'm now 2 lbs less but I started out about 10lbs to heavy. I'm hoping to lose the remaining 10lbs within the next few months.

Grayson finally slept for 5 hours in one chunk last night :happydance:. Of course I didn't go to bed until 2 hours after (thinking he would wake any minute :dohh:) and still didn't get any extra sleep lol. Oh well... I will try to get right to sleep tonight and hopefully we will have a repeat.

That is a brilliant idea readytomum! I think slice up some fruit and peel some oranges this evening and put them in storage containers so I can just grab them on the go!

Shell, your hammock picture inspired us to take Grayson to the pool today. :thumbup: he actually did really well and kind of stared at us dumbfounded lol. Of course we only took him to his belly button hight, but overall a success!

Hey everyone! Hope you are all well.

Dan-o you need a swing love! haha.. I got mine yesterday its magical! I got to eat HOT food for dinner.. not stone cold soggy food :p xx

On the topic of loosing weight Im one of the lucky naturally skinny ones who finds it hard to put on weight so Im about 8.5st now which is fine for me. I just need to tone the muscles up on my tummy so I don't bulge lol. Sorry :p

its normal to crave junk food when you BF because your body needs fat for the milk so dont deny yourselves too much choccy ;) xx

Benny sleeps a stretch of 5 hours from 9-10 til 2-3am then feeds every 2-3 hours.. Ive noticed in the heat he is feeding more x

Benny sleeps a stretch of 5 hours from 9-10 til 2-3am then feeds every 2-3 hours.. Ive noticed in the heat he is feeding more x

Has anyone else noticed that their LO seems to feed more often when it's hot?? The last couple of days have been quite unbearable here, and I've noticed that Peter seems to want to eat ALL THE TIME. At first I thought it might be a growth spurt, but now I'm wondering if it's because of the heat and he's thirsty! I know it sure makes me want to drink a whole lot more.

Also, now that we're supplimenting with formula, Peter's poos have become massive. Today he had such a huge one that it was leaking out the sides and back...so rather than even attempt to wipe him off with wipes I just plunked him down in the bathroom sink to wash him off! :dohh:

On the topic of loosing weight Im one of the lucky naturally skinny ones who finds it hard to put on weight so Im about 8.5st now which is fine for me. I just need to tone the muscles up on my tummy so I don't bulge lol. Sorry :p

I hate you right now! :haha:

Good on all these babies sleeping 5hr stretches! :thumbup: sounds like a good night last night all round! Pats on the back for all LOs!

Isabelle had a great day, and went down asleep but has just stirred (Simon has gone up to her :shock: that never happens!) I'm hoping for a better night than last night.

Aww I was just looking at pictures on my iPad. There are some of me at my friends wedding in September, when I was ~13 weeks pregnant. I miss that early stage of it all!! The having a secret (we didn't tell anyone but family until 16 weeks when it was impossible to hide!) bit, and the thinking what was coming and getting all excited! Then there is my 20 week scan picture, and its just like looking at Izzy now! :cloud9:

Does anyone else miss being pregnant? I adore having my munchkin here, but also miss being pregnant a lot!

Also thought I'd share this pic of my monkey...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 4
Im glad that you hate me haha! My mum hates me too she has had 4 of us and couldn't shift the baby weight easily after her third and she has tonnes of stretch marks. I look like Ive not had any kids.. just a bit podgy. Im hoping that brown line fades soon so I can get my bikini on! :p xx

I read that in hot weather your body produces milk that is more watery and in winter milk is produced with more fat. So I guess Peter could be thirsty. Benson is sucking and gulping like mad at my breast when it has been warm. I kniw it is okay to give an additional bottle of cooled boiled water in the heat and I think that is safe from 2 months but I have to ask Ben's HV about it.

My kids used to do huuuuuge poos on formula! lol xx

I dont miss being pregnant but I miss my bump and feeling Benny kick and move about.. Oh and I miss how amazing food tastes when Im pregnant lol x

Sarah, I know what your saying about being pregnant. I was actually thinking about that yesterday... The 12 week scan, the 20 week scan, the BFP... It all seems so distant now :cloud9:. It's funny, because I can't imagine my life without Grayson now... So the pre-Grayson time just seems like years ago! I do miss the closeness to LO when pregnant. Maybe that is why I don't mind idea of LO #2

Yeah I am at the point where I definitely would not mind being pregnant again. I'm not sure about the thought of having another child yet though haha! Can't really have the pregnant bit without the child part so will have to wait a while I suppose!

Yeah I am at the point where I definitely would not mind being pregnant again. I'm not sure about the thought of having another child yet though haha! Can't really have the pregnant bit without the child part so will have to wait a while I suppose!

Well you'd have 10 months or so before the second part happened. :winkwink:

Afm, last night was a strange night... Peter slept for about 5 hours (which was amazing!) and then didn't seem to want to sleep much at all after that. But when he woke up after his 5 hour stretch his sleeper and blanket he was swaddled in were wet. :nope:

It's gotten *really* cold here last night, so I had an extra blanket on him. DH bought some NB sized diapers yesterday in a different brand than normal, and I don't think they fit very well so I thought maybe the diaper had leaked and that's why he was wet. So change diaper to a size 1 in our usual brand thinking it's the diaper leaking and new sleeper.

He slept again for about an hour... pick him up, and same thing-his sleeper is wet! The size 1's are definitely too big, but they fit better than the other brand NB size. So now I'm really confused. Change his diaper again and new sleeper... it's happend a third time too! :wacko:

He got THREE sleepers wet last night. I've NEVER had that happen before EVER, and now it does three times in one night?! But there's no way he was sweating and made it wet because it was a concentrated area and it was *really* cold last night, I had a sheet and blanket on all night myself.

I'll certainly be going out today to find some diapers in our regular size/brand so it doesn't happen again tonight!

I never want to be pregnant ever again! lol

I was at the drs this morning. Im still bleeding. I tore during pushing Benny out and they were 50-50 on wether or not they should stitch it so I decided to just leave it. Bad idea I should have stitched it lol.

Going to my dr again on thursday to talk to her about that and to see if I have pnd or if Im just stressed out because of the court stuff.

Readytomum where are the sleepers wet? Are the nappies new and were they pre washed or stripped first? xx

Awww Steph I am so happy to here Grayson did so well at the pool.Emmaleigh loves being in the tub but I am still a little afraid to take her swimming.

I dunno if it is the weather or our little monkeys just growing but Emme can eat about 3 ozs at a time now. Sarah these are all the things Allen was reminded of once we had Emmaleigh. I am not ready to be pregnant again but I do know i am finally on board with him to have another baby.

Afm, we are leaving today to go stay at my MIL's and I think I have packed Emmaleighs whole room! Bahahahaha I need to just get away from everything and refocus instead of being an emotional basket case over court and the oldest two kids.

Yeah I am at the point where I definitely would not mind being pregnant again.

I miss my belly terribly!:wacko: crazy but I had a fab pregnancy and I also miss the baby moving in there..:blush:
He got THREE sleepers wet last night. I've NEVER had that happen before EVER, and now it does three times in one night?! But there's no way he was sweating and made it wet because it was a concentrated area and it was *really* cold last night, I had a sheet and blanket on all night myself.

I'll certainly be going out today to find some diapers in our regular size/brand so it doesn't happen again tonight!

he probably needed a bigger size in those. I get so many leaks with disposables it's unbelievable :growlmad: I will change him twice as often in sposies than cloth. He outpeed the newborn size in the first 10 days...

I'm glad I use cloth, so much more reliable.:thumbup:

I never want to be pregnant ever again! lol

I was at the drs this morning. Im still bleeding. I tore during pushing Benny out and they were 50-50 on wether or not they should stitch it so I decided to just leave it. Bad idea I should have stitched it lol.

Going to my dr again on thursday to talk to her about that and to see if I have pnd or if Im just stressed out because of the court stuff.

Readytomum where are the sleepers wet? Are the nappies new and were they pre washed or stripped first? xx

Oh Candy lol! :haha:
I don't mind being pregnant but I'm not so fond of childbirth now. :nope: It was an amazing experience* but I 'm not of those who said "oooh let's do that again!" afterwards.

* meaning the part when baby was finally out and I saw him with his cord still attached, this moment and then holding him was pure magic :cloud9:

Omg so this is the cause of the bleeding? Get well soon!:hugs:

I think Readytomum has leaks w/ sposies.

Readytomum that's insane about the leaking! I guess the other brand just don't suit him, and he must still be teeny to be in nb size! Poor soggy Peter!

Candy you already have three babies though! I only have one...I need more :haha: I'm bleeding again lightly today. It tailed off for a while but I think it's still pp bleeding rather than my period. It's so light, but I didn't expect it to last this long!

Lily, have to say again I love you mei tai!

Um...Isabelle just peed and pooped on the sofa :haha: she was having a bit if nakey bum time, I had a nappy underneath but whatever way my mum was sitting next to her, when she peed it streamed off her onto the sofa...twice! So I went to get a new vest as it was wet, come in just in time to see my mum holding her, still nudey bum, and she poops in my mums hand and it drips onto the sofa :rofl: my mum thought it was hilarious!me, not so much as the sofa covers now need washed!

My health visitor came today at 11.30am. Shame I was expecting her last week and so was out! I was at my bf group where she was weighed at 11lb 1oz. Her weight and length are both 50th centile.......her head circumference is 90th!!! Massive headed fool! I blame her hair...

I'm bleeding again lightly today. It tailed off for a while but I think it's still pp bleeding rather than my period. It's so light, but I didn't expect it to last this long!

Lily, have to say again I love you mei tai!

me, not so much as the sofa covers now need washed!

Massive headed fool! I blame her hair...

Same here, light bleeding, it is one day on one day off...:wacko: I have an appointment with OBGYN tonight.

He he thanks, I love it too! I didn't expect it to be so good tbh! :thumbup:

oooh poor you, I hate poop and pee on places they shouldn't be... He usually pees on me when I hold him naked taking him to the bathroom to wash his bottom :shrug: I have something peed every single day.:growlmad:

Lol at the head, I think she is fab! :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->