• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Shell, it will pass for sure!!! :hugs: like candy said, you have been trough so much together, this is only another bump!!
Do you think that Em may still be in her leap? I'm sure the combination of that, and her teeth, will lead to one unhappy baby.
Laurynn is back home now right? Do you think that maybe the added excitement at the house could have stirred her up a bit? I know that every slight change at the house, always reflects in Grayson's mood.

Candy, I posted a question about the hose on FB.. Guess I should have checked here first lol. How exciting!! :happydance: how much longer until you find out if you get it? I'm sure it will be awesome to have the extra space!! All I hear is: there will be extra room for Florida friends to come visit :rofl:... Totally playing
I'm sure Lucas and Connie are ready to get some space to roam lol.

I hope everyone is doing well and getting along.

Oh yeah her and Brandon live here every other week. And they were home this last week also. I don't quite know if it is the leap or teeth or what. :shrug:It could be a little of everything but if so this by far has been the worst leap we have had to go through.:devil::devil:

Today was the first day of school for everyone and sadly I was so EXCITED!!! Lol :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Lol steph do we all have to start looking for houses with a room for you and Grayson?! :haha:

Candy great news about the house, sounds like its all gonna go ahead pretty easily now :happydance: you'll have to show us some pics when you move in!

Shell, so sorry to hear about all the problems that you're having atm, with Emme and with Allen too. Isabelle is suffering in this leap as well, and its some cosmic joke that teeth come at the same time!! :hugs: every day just seems to be "one of those days" at the minute, so you aren't alone! The kids are all back at school now? At least you get some quiet(er) time during the day now...right?!

Afm, you most likely saw on fb my latest woe about Iz crying during the night. Positives from that were that she did self settle, and she slept for 3.5hrs when she fell asleep again, which is pretty much great going for us these days. I'm still trying to not boob her every time she wakes, and so far it's not going too badly (last night is the exception!) if she wakes up before 2hrs have elapsed since her last wake and feed, she doesn't get any boob. She does however, get a fancy light show on the ceiling! Which seems to actually help, and she may get a little gum rub if she's really fussing. She's still groaning and fussing in her sleep though so I'm not getting a huge pile of sleep, so I was delighted when someone at my bf group told me yesterday I was looking so fresh faced and refreshed haha!

Other than that, I haven't heard from my "friends" in a very long time now. I haven't seen any of them in over two months, no contact from one in that time, and just a message saying happy birthday from the others. So as far as I'm concerned, our friendships are now done. I'm not too worried anymore. At first I was angry and hurt, and confused, but now I don't really care. I'm making new friends through my cloth nappy group, and bf group too, and my SIL and I are so close now, so I don't feel I am lacking or missing out on anything at all.

hey ladies! how's everyone?

Sarah, I have no really good advice for Izzy crying during night, except be patient w/ her. As I said in fb I just boob Dennis if he wakes up and so far it works, at least during nights.days are a whole different story...

boo at your friends... I'm not the type who has tons of friends, so it is easy keeping in touch with the few I have. For me the first big shock was when I got married, my old "friends" didn't even show up at the wedding, or just stopped contacting me.

Oh Sarah...i must say those women aren't even friendship worthy of you! I am sorry that they did that to you but at least you have seen them for who they really are and that it isn't your fault for their shortcomings as friends. I am glad you have gained new better friends through your groups and that you are so close to your SIL!

Well i kind of get quiet time but with this devilish leap and Emme teething it has been rather intense. It makes it easier to get house work done and some quick naps in when Emme is sleeping too so the nights aren't nearly as bad when I am up with her.

oh Sarah those girls again! Theybarent good friends at all! Have you made any mummy friends at any groups? Life with a baby is stressful enough without adding neglectful friends into the mix! I hope Izzy has a better night tonight xx

I will absolutely post up pics when we move in. As I say it needs some work so dont expect to be blown away at first. I love that I can do it up a bit thouh and put my stamp on thr place. Ive already decorated the kids rooms in my head. Connie is having a girly butterfly room and Lucas is having a super hero room! So fun!!

we have given Ben a dummy now. He was comfort sucking a lot.Now I get more time with Connie and Lucas in the evenings with is great!!! x

Oh Candy their rooms sound lovely!!! I can't wait to see pictures and see how you decorate! I love decorating our house and re do the inside every spring! lol

Shell I have to tell you that Emme sitting with the pumpkin is sooooooo cute!!!! She looks so grown up already! I want to grow veggies and fruit in our new garden but Aaron says it will take up football space hahaha men!! x

Thanks for all your kind words re: my (ex?!) friends. I didn't have a pile of friends anyway, so really now I have one good friend who I adore but we live far apart so don't see each other much. But tbh, I have my SIL, sister, Simon and my mum (and Izzy of course!) and I'm happy with them. I'd choose family over friends any day :)

Last night was great! Simon slept in the spare room as he was having trouble sleeping anyway, then was exhausted by the "bad" night. He sttn :)haha:) and Izzy slept better than she has in weeks! I hope that was coincidence, or he's getting kicked out until she's in her own room :rofl:

Candy, always better to be able to put your own stamp on a place anyway :) Simon and I chose a house which was in poorer condition than other houses we saw as to us, it had more potential for us to make our own.

Shell, I've had to have Izzy in her sling a lot lately to try and get any housework done. Maybe try something similar with Emmaleigh?

Thanks Candy! I am very proud of our pumpkin patch and TBH Allen told me it probably wasn't going to grow...I showed him! Maybe he will let you have a section and he can have the rest to play in! lol

Sarah BAHAHAHAHA you just might have to force Daddy to sleep on the couch so Izzy can sleep! Lmao I am going to try her carrier again tonight she usually sweats really bad but I am up for it if it will calm her down!

Sweating might mean she is so exhausted she has no energy to cry?!?!?

So, something pretty awful I saw today. I was parked in Tesco in a parent and baby space and, as I returned to the car with the shopping (and Izzy!) a woman was getting out of her car next to me and walking away. I could hear a child screaming and I looked over, and there was a boy of maybe 3/4 in the backseat, and I could see a baby car seat too. I assumed she was just getting a trolley to put them in.......she wasn't. She just left them in there, and the kid was SCREAMING. I really didn't know what to do, but he was getting so worked up, that I knocked on the window and asked if he was OK, and he said yes, then I waved at him and played peek a boo (the baby was asleep, he would have been younger than ours) for about 10 minutes (while also amusing Iz) until I saw her saunter back, at which stage I jumped in my car and left. I didn't want her to think I was interfering and beat me up or anything (I'm only partially kidding)

I was GOBSMACKED. OK, so the kids were fine, but what if it hadn't been me next to them? What if it had been some paedophile? Or what if the little boy had cried so much he'd made himself sick (which I have no doubt he would have done) and he had have choked on it? Or the baby woke up? Horrific. I took her registration plate and asked my family if I should call social services, but as they said, technically she didn't do anything wrong so there isn't anything SS can do. Which is awful.

Oh my dear that is horrible that she just left them in the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I am glad that you were there to help calm him until the mom returned. I don't know if I could have remained as calm and acted so nicely about the situation. Poor babies. Here in the US they would have had CPS and the Cops called on them and lost their children if almost anyone had seen that. :(

I wish sweating meant no crying...I have to honestly let her scream it out sometimes because she refuses to settle. I feel so badly about it. Last night seemed ok and then today she let me have it. At least I got a little sleep to be able to deal with it all today.

I left my mobile at home, which is lucky for that woman or i think I would have called the police.

I'm so sorry she is giving you such hell at the minute. I think even getting some sleep makes things a little easier, but having them scream all day is the hardest thing ever :hugs:

It is...it seems like I can't get anything done at all. I would give anything to get my calm baby who slept 3-5 hours through the night as the demon baby. Hopefully it will sort itself out after a while. Can you believe they are already 20 weeks!

mommabrown Benson sweats too it freaked me out at first because I left him in his bou cer and the patch where his feet were was soaked through when I come back. I was told its normal and some babkes are just sweaty lol xx
when he cries hard he gets sweaty all over his hair looks like hes just had a bath hahaxx

Sarah some people shoukdnt have had kids thays clear sometimes. I would call Ss and query it. I woukdnt even leave my child of 7 or 5 alone in the car while I went to pay for petrol or just nip in for bread lol even if the baby is asleep and the kid was playing up she shoukd have got them.all out and taken them both with her. I can see from her side thay she was probably frustrated and only.needed to nip in the shop for a few items and didnt see the point of waking the baby and dragging the screaming 3 year old with her and we have all had times where we are tempted to just run it but we never do incase something bad happens while we are gone. In 10 minutes anything could happen. You would be surprised at what my kids have managed to do in one minute or 20 seconds let alone ten minutes! Good for you staying and watching them you are amazing!! There si no harm in calling ss for advice you dont have to give any info unless they feel it is important xx

tomorrow is the day Connie and Lucas go with William unsupervised. I can't sleep. Aaron's no support at all! I feel like I'm sending them off to a death sentence. Poor Lucas is only 5 he can't look after himself, Connie is a bit older so hopefully she can keep them both safe. I'm absolutely dreading having to go into that center tomorrow and let them go, I don't think I can physically do it. I don't think I'll be able to let them go, I think they might have to drag them away from me. It's so unfair, I've raised those children and sacrificed everything for them but I have no saying in their safety. Someone who has a degree apparently knows my babies better than I do and what's best for them. I'm absolutely serious I don't think they're going to be able to get my kids off me once we are in there. He is an absolute cock fucker!!! I hate him!!

Oh Candy... I'll be thinking of you all day. I can't even imagine what you must be going through! All I hope for, is that the day goes by super fast and you have your babies back! Connie has her phone right?? William will probably bring them back early, because he won't know what to do with them!!
I hope you are ok :hugs:

I bet steph is right and he has no clue what to do with them all day - but he's such a vindictive asshole he will keep them anyway! Make sure and let us know how it all goes

I managed to let go of them and took Benson to the beach to take my mind off it. When I went to collect them they werent there and it was already over the time that contact should have finished. He bad taken them to a soft play area and decided not to leave until the time he was meant to be back woth them. I was absolutely fuming! Then they took them to another room so they coukd say good bye to him then theynput the kids in the room with me and said ok see you later then and left us to just leave.... I told them I wasnt happy with him being late they didnt seem to give a shit! I hate him so much. He done that on purpose to scare me hes such a cock!!

First off: the kids are back where they belong!!!!! Thank god!
Secondly: what a dick!!! I cannot believe he kept them over!!

What did the kids say how their day went?? I hope good for their sake of course!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"