April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Sarah glad you had a ball at the wedding! Maybe Izzy will be exhausted from everyone passing her around and you both can take a long nap!

Candy. . .oh I am sorry that she is making you feel like the kids are being left out. I would be pretty upset too as you never want your kids to feel like they are less loved. It may just be that she isn't really aware that she is doing it at all. Or maybe she don't really know how to approach the situation so that she doesn't push herself on the kids? Allen's mom treats Laurynn and Brandon great and takes lots of pictures and even takes them out with her shopping...but she has a huge blended family and I think she can handle these situations easier because she understands our situation. My family don't know how to handle it since they don't believe in divorce, they were such horrible grandparents to Landon until Emmaleigh came along and now they realize how bad they were and try to make up for it.

afm, my little rolie polie has been trying to roll out of her carseat, swing, and highchair and gets quite pissed when she can't get turned over. She is also trying to lift up and gets quite mad when she doesn't raise up and has to lay back down...this is from laying back on something like the arm of the couch or a pillow...not all the way from being flat. I feel so sad that she is just changing into this little moving person in front of me.

Shell me and Aaron spoke about it and he said he felt the same and asked if I wanted him to say anything but I said it was up to him as I was just telling him I felt. He said next time he will say something nicely to them and he agrees with me so Im feeling better about it all now.

Kealiegh I cant type on FB because me and Aaron share an account and he might see what I wrote but we just found out that his mum has been having an affair with some rich banker and they have a secret flat together in some posh part of town. She revealed all to his sister who lives at home still. Their mum and dad live together and their dad is lovely. Hes so loyal he is going to be crushed but its so awkward for his sister now having to live in the house with her mum telling her about her affair and not being able to tell her dad. Its a really shitty situation to be. Especially since me and Aaron are planning our wedding for next Autumn and his mum told his sister as soon as we are married shes going to tell his dad about the affair and leave him. She also revealed that Aarons nan and aunty both have affairs too and it has effected him really badly. He is constantly trying to keep me happy all I can do is keep reassuring him that Im not like that and I wont leave him no matter what. All you can do in these situations is distance yourself from it. Aarons dad is going to feel so hurt if he finds out we all knew and he didnt. Have you spoken to your mum about it all? Aarons mum doesnt know that we know :/

Thanks candy! Oh that's horrible. I just don't understand. If you don't love someone any more then just ending. Don't hurt them more by betraying them!!! It's horrible! You can't justify cheating because your not happy. It's just selfish coz as Sarah said iit doesn't just affect dad it affects me and Denis too. Heneasnsonangry when he was telling mere was shaking!!i couldn't sleep and its a big burden for us to have! I hope Aaron's ok bless him! I know how he feels :( xx

I completely agree Kealeigh but in the case of Aarons mum like I said to Aaron what she is doing is all shades of wrong .... but.... his dad talks to her like shit sometimes. Snaps at her and just sleeps all the time she feels like shes alone when hes at home and its like they say if you dont make your wife feel wanted someone else will be more than happy to do it for you. I do not agree with it at all but I can see why. Maybe she has too much tied into him tobjust leave on her own but with someone else to leave for she can fall back on her new guy safely while his dad has to deal with the fall out alone. I dont think its fair on you and your brother to be torn between your parents like that I hope that your mum will stop now and not take it any further xxx

Thanks candy! I've missed so so much not being on here I promise I'll try to keep up, but just a few things I read, candy I'm having the same problem with my mum, she has openly said Paige is her favourite and has only held James a handful of time because ive asked if she can. I out right told her I think she doesn't like James. He was angry that on said that but she couldn't deny it either. She said I love him but Paige is my baby. Actually she is my baby. You didn't push her out of your momins!!! Grr
Sex? What's that? Lol!!!
Steph i completely get what you mean, Stephen is the same but instead of dishing its play station grrr! And with his new promotion he is getting home so late thy I don't get a break, I'm literally doing 24/7 7days a week! You'd think he'd want to bond with his kids.
Sleep for us is actually good, James goes to bed at 9-10 and wakes at 6sometimesnor sleeps right through to 8-9 am :0 can't believe it!
Sorry I can't remember all of it! Will try my best to follow now loll! Well of to bed now! Night x

Oh wow, trying to keep up on here and FB is killing me. It sounds like you ladies are going through lots with mums and dads. My parents were divorced by the time I was three due to my dad's cheating ways and my mom not wanting to stay with him through his tantrums and affairs, resenting him and causing damage to my relationship with him. My dad was the type of man that always needed his ego boosted because of low self esteem and women were his way of coping, my mom understood that and made a tough decision even though my dad kept begging her for one more chance. It was rough on her knowing she would be a single mom, but it was the best choice for the relationship I was going to have with him. Mom was always straightforward with me about him, he never really discussed the situation, but I never felt like he had to. He was a great guy outside of always needing the security of a new woman.

Sarah J, it sounds like you had a great time at the wedding! I'm actually a fan of having Jake passed around since it seems to give him a great sense of security. He really loves to touch and feel other people and I love that about him! I can't believe he'll be 4 months in 10 days! He's developed the cutest personality and is such a calm and happy little human.

Shell, I know what you mean about your little roller! Jake has been trying to roll out of his swing and his bouncer since he figured out that he could roll. He's twisting and moving and I'm pretty sure he'll be moving and shaking his way across the floor soon. He just has that look when I put him down for tummy time now.

AFM: We went on a 1.5 mile hike today and the boys LOVED it. Liam is big into the outdoors and I want Jake to be the same way. Jake really seemed to love the sights and the sounds until he passed out halfway through the walk :dohh: Jake has really started to laugh and he is ALWAYS smiling (not trying to jinx myself here), but we are definitely starting to teethe! Rubbing the mouth, drooling like a faucet, swollen gums, and gnawing on whatever he can fit into his mouth. Liam got his first tooth around 5 months and since its genetic as to when they get their first teeth, Jake is definitely following suit. He is a little champ though and does not complain at all. I felt sad tonight because I went out with mom to help with the horses tonight and let Greg put Jackson to bed. I think maybe 5 times in his life I haven't been there with my boob and his little night lights to watch him drift off to sleep. I guess its a blessing in disguise that he will fall asleep with his daddy or his nana so why am I sad that I missed watching his little eyes close and his body relax? I don't want him to grow up! :haha:

Oh whoa candy I'm so sorry to hear about Aaron's mum, that sounds like a horrible situation, especially for his poor sister who has had to listen to it all from his mum :/

My parents have been married almost 40 years, but it hasn't always been plain sailing. My dad has a TEMPER, and when I was younger there used to be screaming matches all the time. They never tried to hide it (a bit impossible at that volume tbh) and it was awful- my dad used to huff and not speak to my mum for weeks as well(and also is if he had an argument with us) One Christmas day was ruined. But I'm pretty sure they have always been faithful. It's totally different now- all very plain sailing. My dad has calmed down a lot.

Candy I'm sure it's not that Aaron's family don't care for Connie and Lucas, but maybe they just don't feel as "attached" because they aren't blood? If I remember correctly though, they've known the kids since before Lucas was 1? So not a very good excuse considering how they've known him.

Sorry to hear about all the issues with parents going on!! I hope things sort themselves out soon... it's really unfair for parents to drag their children through their relationship issues, no matter how old those children are!

Candy: That's too bad about Aaron's mum and grandma treating Connie and Lucas differently, but I think sometimes it's hard to know what the boundaries are with blended families. What do Connie and Lucas call them? Do they refer to them as grandma and great gram? Or do they call them by their names? Maybe a short convo by Aaron with them is all it will take to sort things out. I hope so anyway!

Sarah: I'm glad you had a good time at the wedding! I know what you mean about the baby being passed around though and that being bothersome sometimes. When we had all our family and friends here last weekend for the baptism that was a big problem, and then this past weekend at the family reunion to a lesser extent we had a similar issue. I don't mind other people holding Peter at all, but what I hate is that they aren't content to just sit with him and cuddle, they have to make all sorts of faces at him and poke at him trying to get him to smile or laugh, and they just end up over stimulating him big time because he's not used to all that noise so he ends up a little crabby and over tired. :dohh:

Shell: We're having some similar rolling issues here too! Peter hasn't actually rolled over yet, but he wiggles side to side all the time, and when he's in his stroller and bouncer chair he's always trying to twist over to the side. It won't be long now I don't think! He finally lifted his big 'ol melon up yesterday while doing tummy time for the first time! I couldn't believe how high he was lifting it up looking all around!!

liams_mom: I'm glad to hear that Jake is teething well so far! I'm pretty sure that Peter is going to be early teether as well. He is ALWAYS chomping on his hands and anything else he can manage to shove into his mouth, and it's starting to hurt when he chomps down while nursing too. I'm planning to look into getting some of those amber teething anklets. One of my cousins was telling me this weekend that the ones she got really make a difference, so I'm willing to test them out too.

Afm, our weekend away for the family reunion was a lot of fun! We got to spend some quality time with my parents and grandma, and then see the extended family on Sunday. Peter got to meet a whole bunch of new people! (our family is huge! There were 42 people there and that's just a part of them all!) My cousin that has been passing on the clothes to us gave us two huge garbage bags packed with the 6-9 month stuff this weekend... so we've got a lot of stuff to go through and organize to put it away into storage until we need it. I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Oh Sarah L I love it when we get to new clothes even if they are hand me downs!!!!!!

Samantha we took Emme hiking here awhile back and she was out the whole way too! Emme's teeth aren't really coming up yet but she gets to where she is chewing away on her teething ring...something I was always told to do is freeze a wet washcloth and let them chew way on it and it will numb their gums.

Candy and Kealz....My parents have been married 30 years this year and have not had the best realtionship at all....they have screamed, hit, and cheated on one another but have weathered through it all and are still together. Allen and I refuse to argue in front of our children and they very seldom know anything is wrong unless we are giving each other the silent treatment. Landon has been more aware of our problems as Allen moved out with his dad this last winter because of court but he has long forgot about it and I am not about to remind him. If he ever hits me or cheats on me well that is where our wedding vows come in till death do us part! Lol j/k....

Thats for all the replies about Aarons family treating my LOs different. We have been together for 4 years Lucas was about 11 months okd when we got together. Aaron has never held anything back he changed nappies and read stories and stayed up in the night when they were sick with me. His family have always been very inclusive. Connie and Lucas call them nanny and grampy ect and spoil yhem at xmas so I feel like they should have no issue including them the same way they include Ben. I feel like it is the same as if Aaron went to my mums house and she had pictures of me Con and Luke but not Aaron and Ben. We are going to give out family photos of all of us to our parents and grandparents.

liams mom I love taking my kiddies out for walks too. We live near a lovely wood area with a river its always good to walk there even in winter. It tires them out which is a good thing haha! x

Sarah Im sorry to hear that your parents were shouty. Mine were too and I didnt want that for my children its not fun. x

readytomum yay for more clothes!!! Benson is too big for his 3-6 month clothes. Im washing his 6-9 stuff now. Hes such a chunk!!! xx

shell I am glad your parents worked through all that!! They must have a very strong relationship. I always told Aaron that I would not leave him unless he either hit me or cheated on me. When my ex husband hit me in front of my daughter it was sickening I promised myself I would not go through that again because if I accepted it I thought she would grow up thinking her dads behaviour was acceptable. Me and Aaron have argued in front of the kids but our arguments are short and very controlled. We resolve thing quickly amd quietly.

we are back on track for planning our wedding for next year! A few costs had to be lowered though. Connie is my flower girl and Im putting her in a mini bridal type dress I seriously cannot wait. We were planning our wedding but then I found out I was pregnant with Ben so put it all on hold. Next august is our 5 year anniversary so Im thinking thats perfect. There is a posh restruant in the park by the lake where he proposed that we are going to have our meal and probably rent a hall with a bar for a huge piss up in the evening. We need Benson to be able to walk though because he and Lucas are ring bearers and will walk down the aisle before me. Probably have to put a chair at the front so they can sit down lol. I must be crazy having a one year old involved in the ceremony haha!!

Ben is 4 months today!! yay!!

Luckily I know that Simon would never consider cheating on me. And he doesn't have it in him to hit anyone I don't think (although in a perverse way it would be amazing to watch my brother and brother in law flatten him if he did ever hit me!!!) I don't think he's ever hit anyone in his life!

So the fucked up sleep is getting worse. I was up 7 times last night. I know I've said it before but I just don't get what happened to my baby who could sleep 6/7hrs?? Now getting 2hrs is a miracle.

wow Sarah 7 times!!! You poor poor lady!! I was thinking it's hard getting up 3 times lol. Do you think maybe Isabelle is still adjusting to being home again after travelling? I only thought of it because Ben is suddenly very aware of his surrounding, when we go to other places he is soaking it all in like a sponge, we went to visit Aaron's nan on Sunday and she was walking around with him and the bottom lip come out and he started doing his little scared cry, I snapped him back and he settled down once he was back in my arms (smug face!) hehe. But he's going through this weird attachment separation anxiety phase now and sometimes not even Aaron can calm him down. Maybe that's her deal too? Are you co-sleeping with her? Maybe she just wants to snuggle up close to you x

Also has anyone else's LO started to cry like an actual child now? Ben is loosing his baby cry and it's becoming replaced with a kid cry and when he does it it is so heart breaking I have to just snap him up and kiss his tiny face all over lol xx

Oh yikes, Sarah J! 7 times is pretty exhausting. I'm sure it's just a phase and she will go back to her normal sleeping pattern very soon!!
I agree with you and the passing of the baby. I don't mind it for a little while, but it gets to a point, where I need te baby back :haha:.
Sarah L, Peter looked so cute in his tummy pic. I have a hard time imagining him ever crying. Not sure why, but him and Benson just always look content lol

Candy, the older I get, the more I realize how much work relationships are and that NONE are perfect. I hate the fact, that Aaron has to be involved (as I believe parents should NEVER involve their kids in this stuff)! Hopefully he will deal with it fine and maybe able to just ignore it :shrug:
Like the ladies already mentioned, I would have been put off by what his grandma did as well. I know that Connie and Lucas are not "blood" related, but they are children and should all the love the same. I don't see a problem, with Aaron saying something.

Kristy must be elbows deep in boxes right now and have no time to catch up on here. Lol rightfully so!! I hope the move goes really well.

Shell, were you able to sort things out, and get your CD ordered? I'm with Sarah, what a cruel way to find out... Waiting for your fluffy mail and not getting it :cry:

Sam, the hiking pictures looked awesome. I'm sure Jake was loving it (at least the awake part :rofl:).

Will try to catch up more later

Sarah L, Peter looked so cute in his tummy pic. I have a hard time imagining him ever crying. Not sure why, but him and Benson just always look content lol

Thanks Steph! He really is an incredibly content little boy--and we're super lucky! He doesn't have a witching hour and he self-soothes to sleep. The only times he really cries is when he's getting too tired and when he's hungry (and really, who can blame him on that one!?) When he does cry he has a really high pitched whine, which I call his falcon cry, and DH calls him a velociraptor. :haha:

Oh yikes, Sarah J! 7 times is pretty exhausting. I'm sure it's just a phase and she will go back to her normal sleeping pattern very soon!!
I agree with you and the passing of the baby. I don't mind it for a little while, but it gets to a point, where I need te baby back :haha:.

Candy, the older I get, the more I realize how much work relationships are and that NONE are perfect. I hate the fact, that Aaron has to be involved (as I believe parents should NEVER involve their kids in this stuff)! Hopefully he will deal with it fine and maybe able to just ignore it :shrug:
Like the ladies already mentioned, I would have been put off by what his grandma did as well. I know that Connie and Lucas are not "blood" related, but they are children and should all the love the same. I don't see a problem, with Aaron saying something.

Kristy must be elbows deep in boxes right now and have no time to catch up on here. Lol rightfully so!! I hope the move goes really well.

Shell, were you able to sort things out, and get your CD ordered? I'm with Sarah, what a cruel way to find out... Waiting for your fluffy mail and not getting it :cry:

Sam, the hiking pictures looked awesome. I'm sure Jake was loving it (at least the awake part :rofl:).

Will try to catch up more later

Nope we got a letter that they are freezing Allen's accounts at the bank....:growlmad: I sold an old phone and my new one that i just got in Feb, and was able to get some money for groceries and school clothes for the kids. Had a little extra so I go Miss Emme's ear's pierced today. It is a very difficult situation and I feel like he is to prideful at the moment to sell any of his stuff. :cry:

Sarah J oh wow 7 times...I am grumping at Emme's 2x's...I couldn't imagine...I am sorry hun.

Candy yes Emme's got this piercing scream that will come out if I am not quick enough at settling her.

Afm, well you all can see on FB we got Little Miss's ears pierced and she is a so stinking cute. Not pulling at them or anything!

Shell, it will get easier again!! I hope Allen wakes up and gets rid of some things, but I know how men can be :nope:

Shell I hate that things are so rough for you at the minute. I hope Allen sorts himself out, I'm sure he (like all of us actually!) has a boat load of stuff that he could sell. I hate that you are in that situation though :hugs:

So yeah, the 7 time night was the worst thing ever. We were staying at Simons parents and I just dunno what was going on (partially disruption to her "normal" like candy mentioned) Last night was better (only 4 times. That's a GOOD night atm!) but omg getting her to sleep was UNREAL. She was SCREECHING, but a weird cry that I haven't heard before. Similar to her insane cry, but I could tell something was slightly different. Amidst my tears and sobbing (bearing in mind we are at my inlaws and crying is the last thing I want them to see me doing- and that was the third time in24 hrs!) we surmised maybe it was teething pain, so Simon sprinted to tesco to get some calpol (Tylenol) but by the time he was back I'd managed t get her to sleep. Phew!!
I think the problems are 2 fold:
1. I always feed her back to sleep at night and she is used to that comfort
2. She eats every two hours during the day and has developed a snacking habit

So what I'm trying out now is that if she wakes up BEFORE two hours since she last ate (eg she ate at 3am and wakes again at 4) I will leave her and see if she goes back to sleep. Last night she DID, but only stayed asleep for 15/20mins before waking. Happened twice more before she got cross so I had to feed her (by that time it was two hours anyway). If we manage to get that down, we'll try extending it to 2.5 then 3 hrs etc. I'm still bringing her into bed around 5/6am, but hoping to stop that ASAP. I didn't want to try when we were away and we were both so fraught and exhausted.

I just wish my 6/7hour baby was back!!

So I need to sell some of my cloth nappies. I am finding I have major love for the tiny nippers cheapies, and some of my more expensive (eg my itti bittis) just aren't doing it for me!

Oh Allen has a shit load of stuff he could be selling...but will he NOOOO! He says it is worth more than what people want to pay for it...blah blah blah...he is worse than a child who is sorting through their toy box to get rid of old toys they no longer play with.

Sarah Poor Izzy! I sure do hope it is just a phase and she will pass through it with and you get your sleeping back to normal. Emme hardly ever self soothes and I blame myself for jumping at her every whimper.

Afm, can you all believe our babies are 4 months old!!! I am in amazement today with Emme and have looked back over our delivery photos and each month photos to see how much she has changed. It makes me so teary eyed and sappy.

Sarah Im sorry I didnt realise when you posted that you are still away which is why I wrote about her being upset from the travelling. Im so busy at the moment having my older two home on holidays that I read quickly to keep up so Im sorry for seeming ignorant if I come across that way xx I still think it is her surroundings being different plus a mixture of seperation anxiety and teething too perhaps. We have a day where Ben seems to be teething badly then a few days of nothing .

Dont worry about the midnight feeding all of mine fed through the niht until they were ready to go all night. Usually when we started solids they would sleep longer. Bfed babies digesr their food very quickly so if she is hungry then feed her. We still sleep with Ben and I feed him every 2 hours after midnight. It wont be forever. One morning you'll wake up in a panic because your baby didnt wake up in the night and she'll be sleeping in her crib happily lol.

I was reading a blog today about a mum who was worried her baby wasnt developing at the normal rate and as soon as she started to worry he started to do the things she was waiting for and it made me think about my self and how much I compare Ben to all of the babies in this group and how maybe Ive pushed him to learn to roll before he is ready I saw on Michael McIntyre... he is my fave... that one of his jokes was about child development and how his wofe was worried that one of his sons was late to walk and he said something like you never see an adult who never learned to walm. Like the adult crawls into the room apologising for not walking because he never learned that skill.. It put it into perapective for me and I just wanted to share that thought with all o you :)

now Im.off to bed lol hope you all get good sleep xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"