April Raindrops 2016

19 weeks today and i totally have spd. i am getting that terrible "kicked in the crotch" feeling. ugh!

Hello not been on here for a while hope everyone's doing good :)
Just a little update for the first page iv been moved forward to 26th March and it's another little girl :D

Hi ladies,

It's been awhile since I've posted but I have been checking back once in awhile. I just had my 20 week scan. Everything looks good and we found out it's a boy. I'm also starting to feel some random thumping. We're busy these days since we are trying to move before I get too far along. Hope all are doing well.

Hey all, haven't been on in ages! We had our 20 week scan on Sat, staying team yellow! although it was sooooo hard not to ask. All is well with baby, so exciting!!
hope you're all well.

Rachy, glad all was well with the scan! We were team yellow with our first (not by choice though lol) and it actually wasn't too bad! It was fun guessing throughout the whole pregnancy =]

Little_miss- congrats on team pink!
Psigyrl- congrats on team blue!

Congrats on team blue psigyrl!
Congrats little miss!

OH felt baby move for the first time last night! :) my anatomy scan is on Friday x

Congrats on team blue psigyrl!
Congrats little miss!

OH felt baby move for the first time last night! :) my anatomy scan is on Friday x

Yaay! After I read this OH felt baby move for this first time today! :)

Rachybaby-- Yay for a great scan!

Salamander-- Mine is Friday as well. Hopefully Sprout is cooperative so we can find out what we're having.

Great to hear about the good scans ladies!!

AFM, doing the 1 hr glucose test today. Bleh! I had GD with #1 so they're testing me early

Had my first prenatal apt with a doctor. I only saw MWs with my first and up until now MW with this one. I'm not sure if it's the difference between doctor and MW or just their personal style of care, but the doctor offered me different nausea meds when I told her i wasn't taking what was prescribe because it didn't work. The MW didn't even ask about the meds I was taking and just told me it would go away soon (or not).

I didn't get to see the twins today, but did hear the heartbeats for the first time. Doc said the one on top is my 'mellow' one. Their heartbeat was a little slower, though both were in the 140s. She thought they were laying sideways and more to my right. My 20 week scan is actually at 18 weeks and then I'll get a scan every 4 weeks to watch their growth. Depending how they are doing I will deliver by 38 or 39 weeks.

I failed the 1 hour :( 181 and they want it under 140.
Taking the 3 hour next week. Ugh i dont wanna be induced :(

Powell ~ sorry you failed the 1 hour test.... can I ask what 181 means?
I had to do the glucose test at 13 weeks as I was high risk for it (I'm in Australia) and I also failed. My fasting was 4.9 and my 1 hour was 10.8 and my 2 hour was 10.1. How does the 3 hour test work? I'm just curious that is all :) thank you :)

Powell ~ sorry you failed the 1 hour test.... can I ask what 181 means?
I had to do the glucose test at 13 weeks as I was high risk for it (I'm in Australia) and I also failed. My fasting was 4.9 and my 1 hour was 10.8 and my 2 hour was 10.1. How does the 3 hour test work? I'm just curious that is all :) thank you :)

Different countries use different units of measurement for blood sugar. Powell's 181 would be in mg/dl whereas your readings are in mmol/L. 181 mg/dl converts to about 10 mmol/L x

What is this test? Is it the same as the one we do here at about 28 weeks? I'm in the UK and what I remember is not eating at a certain point, drinking original lucozade and then getting blood drawn.

Is this the same thing?

Is it just lucozade then? I've seen a lot of people saying they had to drink some horrible glucose drink (and I don't mind lucozade :) ) , made me worry a bit because I've got the GTT at 28 weeks...and I've been a bit fussy lately!

In the US it is this absolutely disgustingly nasty sugary drink, that you have to down in a certain time frame without throwing it back up. Then they take your blood.

I didn't even know there was a one hour one. When I'll be 26 weeks, they're making me do the 3 hour one right away. I'm not sure if it's due to my weight that they decided to just do the 3 hour one instead? Either way, I hope I don't have GD. I've always been a very healthy person despite my weight so fx!

I gained a ton of weight with my first son, and I did the 1 hour one first. I passed so I didn't have to do the 3 hour one. I didn't find the drink to be so bad, though. I mean, it's not awesome, but it's not vomit-inducing, to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->