April Raindrops 2016

Out of all my pregnacies I've only ever had to do the test at 26-28 weeks. But this time with the new ob she made me take it at like 12 weeks and again at the normal time. They at least chill the drink for us. But it's gross. I get orange because it taste kinda like flat orange soda

What is this test? Is it the same as the one we do here at about 28 weeks? I'm in the UK and what I remember is not eating at a certain point, drinking original lucozade and then getting blood drawn.

Is this the same thing?

Yeah its the same test, we just get a different drink in the US. It doesnt taste too bad, but it makes me feel horrible! During the 3 hour test with #1 I almost passed out and had to lay in an exam room between blood draws :/

Out of all my pregnacies I've only ever had to do the test at 26-28 weeks. But this time with the new ob she made me take it at like 12 weeks and again at the normal time. They at least chill the drink for us. But it's gross. I get orange because it taste kinda like flat orange soda

It was chilled this time for me which made it not so bad. The orange isnt terrible but the red is awful!

I didnt have to do the test until 28 weeks with #1 but since I had GD with him they wanted me to do it sooner. Ugh. Now I have the 3 hour only two days before Thanksgiving :( even if I fail tho, which I probably will, i'm still pigging out on Thanksgiving! Lol

I hope I get the orange one then. I tend to like orange flavoured things anyway.

As for thanksgiving, go for it :) One day shouldn't be that bad! I know I'd do the same thing if I was in your shoes.

It was chilled this time for me which made it not so bad. The orange isnt terrible but the red is awful!

I didnt have to do the test until 28 weeks with #1 but since I had GD with him they wanted me to do it sooner. Ugh. Now I have the 3 hour only two days before Thanksgiving :( even if I fail tho, which I probably will, i'm still pigging out on Thanksgiving! Lol

Just eat a lot of protein to counter the carbs and not spike your sugars. Most OBs will let special days slide though...mine did.

Whenever I go for mine I dont eat after midnight the night before. I try to go super early for the test and bring something with me to eat after

Just eat a lot of protein to counter the carbs and not spike your sugars. Most OBs will let special days slide though...mine did.

Most docs.take a fasting level!

I thought about doing that and taking cinnamon capsule and jogging in place (in the bathroom if i had to haha) because they naturally lower blood sugar and just monitoring it myself to avoid induction. Haven't quite made up my mind yet lol

Congratulations on all the gender news, how exciting!

I feel like my pregnancy is really dragging now. There's nothing going on at all. Feeling frequent movements but nothing else. No cravings, no pains, nothing at all. Feel like weeks 16-18 are really dragging now.

Anyone else feel like that?

I'm only 5 days behind you and I'm not even feeling movements yet. After a long wait to the first scan, I feel like weeks 12-16 flew by, but the last week has gone slowly. With older kids yo focus on, maybe the lead up to Christmas will help to speed things up?!

For me, the first tri really dragged on FOREVER. I think it has a lot to do with all the nerves and worry about a m/c. 2nd tri has been flying though! Can't believe I'm already 20+2 and on my way to my anatomy scan this morning! We already know it's a boy, but I'm still looking forward to seeing my little guy squirreling away in there :laugh2: I don't remember it going this quickly last time, so I think there is something to having another child that takes your attention away from it. With my daughter, all I thought about all the time was my pregnancy. This time, I'm so busy chasing after her all the time that I don't have time to be totally consumed with it all again.

I'm happy with how the time is going so far. I do believe after the holidays are over the time will slow waaaaay down because I will be stuck inside with my 3 year old for the rest of the winter, just waiting on spring!

Congratulations on all the gender news, how exciting!

I feel like my pregnancy is really dragging now. There's nothing going on at all. Feeling frequent movements but nothing else. No cravings, no pains, nothing at all. Feel like weeks 16-18 are really dragging now.

Anyone else feel like that?

I feel exactly like that! Apparently I have pretty much symptomless pregnancies tho :shrug:

I'm going to assume that time is gonna start going really slow for me as I adjust to being at home all the time. I was put on temporary leave due to my job being uncomfortable giving me a position that won't cause me issues :\ But hey, I can't complain. I'm on a government program thing so that I'm still paid full time even though I'm not working.

Like shellgirl said, first tri went super slow and now this second tri has been going much faster! I feel like for me it will go even faster now because first it's the holidays, then after that I'll be in third tri and starting birthing classes and doing the baby shower and getting her nursery and everything ready...right now I'm just kinda sitting around and waiting but time is still going pretty fast!

I find time is going by pretty fast! And considering that this is my 3rd pregnancy, I don't feel as many movements as I had hoped I would by now. Let's hope this means I've got myself a chilled baby! Still dunno gender yet, though I'm leaning towards boy cos that's what the gynae guessed at the week 13 ultrasound - although I've read in the internet that baby at 13-14 weeks is still too early to tell gender??

1st trimester dragged on for me. I feel that 2nd trimester is zooming by!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->