April Raindrops 2016

Ganton I had my gtt (28 week blood test) in January and have not heard anything back! I'm assuming it means all is ok? I have my 34 week checkup next week so will ask midwife then

Jonesbaby, I really hope it's not pre eclampsia x

Hi All,

2:45am here where I am in Australia and I'm wide awake... :coffee: So tired, but my hips hurt too much to lie down, so I'm up eating some toast and having a cuppa :thumbup:

Thank you for your kind words. I've been in hospital twice this week and have to go back to hospital for a day visit today. The doctors want to see me twice weekly at the moment as I'm at risk of preeclampsia. Hopefully today's test results will all go well and they'll be no issues. Thankfully my babies have been happy and well each visit, thank goodness.

So relieved to have make it to 32 weeks! :happydance: 32 weeks today! Next goal is to get to 34 weeks. May the next two weeks go quickly.

Our daughter turned 2 years old yesterday. I can barely believe it! :cry: She has grown up so quickly. She's such a joy, I just love her to pieces :kiss:. She had a lovely day, bless her.

I hope everyone is feeling well and your pregnancies are all going well. The finishing line is drawing nearer for us all ladies :hugs: xx

The 28 week bloods aren't the GTT , as that isn't done as standard over here, it's just checking iron levels. I assumed no news was good news, but I just happened to ask my GP surgery when I called to check if my parvovirus results are back, and they said that nothing has come back at all yet. I'm hoping the fact that I still feel like I have a fair bit of energy means that my iron levels aren't low so I don't have to worry about the lack of results too much.

Jonesbaby, I'm glad to hear that your babies are happy whenever you get checked, and I hope you get good results from your pre-e checks.

The 28 week bloods aren't the GTT , as that isn't done as standard over here, it's just checking iron levels. I assumed no news was good news, but I just happened to ask my GP surgery when I called to check if my parvovirus results are back, and they said that nothing has come back at all yet. I'm hoping the fact that I still feel like I have a fair bit of energy means that my iron levels aren't low so I don't have to worry about the lack of results too much.

Jonesbaby, I'm glad to hear that your babies are happy whenever you get checked, and I hope you get good results from your pre-e checks.

Yeah I know that I'm in the UK as well :) I was just saying I never heard anything back from my 28 week bloods I was told to do the glucose test as well. I've always assumed no news was good news too but I'm pretty sure she said I should receive a letter :/

Hopefully your ironed levels are just fine

Yeah I know that I'm in the UK as well :) I was just saying I never heard anything back from my 28 week bloods I was told to do the glucose test as well. I've always assumed no news was good news too but I'm pretty sure she said I should receive a letter :/

Hopefully your ironed levels are just fine

Sorry, I hope I didn't sound rude. I find it difficult to work out where people are from when I'm on my mobile. I can understand that people with GTT get priority when it comes to being informed of results, but you'd think you'd get confirmation either way in the end. I hope the lack of information is a good sign for you.

My pregnancy notes clearly say that my last baby was large for gestational age (LGA) so I thought if need the GTT but the midwife still says I don't. My fundal height yesterday was measuring above the 90th centile so I wouldn't be surprised if this baby is even bigger than my last.

Oh no you wasn't rude at all! I don't think I have where I live displayed on my profile anyway lol! But your right though the gtt isn't standard here but is over in the USA. Only some women have to take the test here.

If you fall under these categories then you'll be offered the test...
Am I at risk of developing gestational diabetes?
You're more likely to develop gestational diabetes if:
Your body mass index (BMI) is 30 or above.
You have previously given birth to a large baby weighing 4.5kg (9.9 lb) or more.
You have had gestational diabetes before.
You have a parent, sibling or child with diabetes.
You have a family origin with a higher prevalence of diabetes, for example, if you're of South Asian, Middle Eastern or African-Caribbean descent.
If you fall into one or more of these groups, it's recommended that you have a glucose tolerance test.

The only one of the criteria that I thought might trigger the test is the fact that DS2 was 9lb9 and that was without being overdue. That's a bit less than the 4.5kg cut off though so no test. The test doesn't sound particularly pleasant so I'm happy not to have it, as long as I don't have undiagnosed GD.

Can't believe I'm 34 weeks today! I feel emotional really, just how fast it's gone even though it feels slow it's definitely going too fast for me lol

Hope everyone else is ok x

Can't believe I'm 34 weeks today! I feel emotional really, just how fast it's gone even though it feels slow it's definitely going too fast for me lol

Hope everyone else is ok x

Happy 34 weeks Babyjan! :wohoo:

Happy 34 weeks babyjan and jtink!

I'm 32 weeks tomorrow, on the day my 'baby' turns 4. :cloud9:

Thanks guys :) it's crazy that only 6 weeks till due date and could give birth before that!

Natasha happy 32 weeks and happy 4th bday to your lil girl for tomorrow.... 4 seems so old doesn't it? Mine turned 4 end of last year x

Had a growth scan today. Twins look good. A is 3lbs 15oz and B is 4lbs 3oz. A is breech with her head right up in the middle of the top of my uterus. The constant pressure and stretching of everything is making me very sore right there. A is head down and was a little sleepy during the scan. She always seems more mellow. I think her heart rate has always been slower than her sister's too.

I got to see Baby B practicing breathing. Neither wanted to show their faces today. B is always facing my back. I haven't seen her face since she was 18 weeks.

32 weeks today over here! It's getting close ladies but I feel like "how am I gonna make it thru two more months of this?!" Lol sooo uncomfortable and can't sleep because of it. I get maybe three hours of broken sleep a night :coffee:

That's exactly how I feel powell! I'm extremely uncomfortable and my ribs hurt a lot :/

Does anyone ever watch what they eat? Meaning do you worry about the foods we are told to stay away from or you just eat what you like?

OH got me some waffles from the a dessert cafe it came with ice cream but I think certain ice creams aren't allowed? Anyways I just ate as I was craving it

That's exactly how I feel powell! I'm extremely uncomfortable and my ribs hurt a lot :/

Does anyone ever watch what they eat? Meaning do you worry about the foods we are told to stay away from or you just eat what you like?

OH got me some waffles from the a dessert cafe it came with ice cream but I think certain ice creams aren't allowed? Anyways I just ate as I was craving it

I was of the understanding it's soft serve ice-cream you are supposed to stay away from? But other ice-cream is okay? IDK. Id be lying if I said I haven't eaten my fair share of ice-cream this pregnancy though (just not the soft serve variety) :icecream:

Those waffles sound delicsh! :hugs:

Hi there girlies :hi:

Hope you are all doing really well and everyone had a fab weekend :flower:

I'm still being monitored closely for preeclampsia. Still have swelling, have had traces of protein in my urine and my blood test results have come back with abnormal readings for low blood platelets on two consecutive occasions now which can be a sign of preeclampsia. My blood pressure is creeping up, but thankfully not at drastically high levels. Doctors have me coming in twice weekly for preeclampsia monitoring from here on. This week I also have my 33 week growth scan & an appointment with my obstetrician, so I am at the hospital Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week. So hard to juggle all these appointments with a toddler, but it's a small price to pay for healthy babies and a healthy Mumma so I'm not complaining :thumbup:

32 days until my c-section at 37 weeks and counting :wohoo:

New bump pic attached. Feeling very large and in charge! :rofl:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 2
Hi there girlies :hi:

Hope you are all doing really well and everyone had a fab weekend :flower:

I'm still being monitored closely for preeclampsia. Still have swelling, have had traces of protein in my urine and my blood test results have come back with abnormal readings for low platelets on two consecutive occasions now which can be a sign of preeclampsia. My blood pressure is creeping up, but thankfully not at drastically high levels. Doctors have me coming in twice weekly for preeclampsia monitoring from here on. This week I also have my 33 week growth scan & an appointment with my obstetrician, so I am at the hospital Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week. So hard to juggle all these appointments with a toddler, but it's a small price to pay for healthy babies and a healthy Mumma so I'm not complaining :thumbup:

32 days until my c-section at 37 weeks and counting :wohoo:

New bump pic attached. Feeling very large and in charge! :rofl:
Gorgeous bump!!

35 weeks for me today and im to wondering how the heck im going to get through the next few weeks. Insomnia is definitely kicking my arse and i struggle to get through the day. Pains during the night are so much worse this time. DH and i dtd for the 1st time in about a month and got about 2 hours worth of BH every 5-10 minutes which surprised me.
MW appt tomorrow and have to do the vaginal swab for what ever it is that that have to test you for ( mind blank right now can't think of what its called lol )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->