April Raindrops 2016

Just updating this thread

My baby boy arrived yesterday 7/4/16 at at 1.45pm! Went into hospital around 3:30am after waking and finding bright blood leaking into the bed and on my clothes, once in toilet the blood developed into a bloody show... It was really scary waking and OH was panicking but I remained calm... While getting ready I was having painful contractions and once I got to the hospital I was 3cm but was told o could stay as second baby and things could develops fast! Thank god as I was desperate for painful relief!

The ward was super busy but to quickly round things up for now.... He was born in the natural birthing centre (with all my worries and fears everyone is super surprised and even me lol) I used only gas and air which didn't do much but just distract me a lil! My waters were broken by midwife 11 something I think.. Once I began pushing extra midwife had to come in... I had 3 lovely ladies to began with but baby heart rate was down for 8 mins! They were very concerned and literally had to scream at me to push as hard as I could whilst holding my legs back! I was given the Episiomty which helped him out... He came out not breathing which was the scariest few seconds of my life! He was in shock especially with his heart rate down but I'm so pleased my lil man is here safe and sound!

I was also discharged the same day lol... Really pleased as I could return home to be with my son :)

That was the most I could type out for now whilst baby laying on me... His not even feeding and hasn't latched onto my breast in ages! He just falls asleep on me and isn't even opening mouth :|

Can't wait for more births ladies and to to see who's next! congratulations to jinx and no doubt x

Great update Hun! So glad you could return home with your son! Hope he latches again soon. Enjoy the countless snuggles and hope you get some well deserved rest. Congrats again xx

I forgot to update on here.
I had my little girl on the 9th!
1.5 hour labour :shock: i did have random mild contractions throughout the day once or so every few hours. I went to bed with mild cramps and then all of a sudden it was very, very intense and im so glad i didn't hold off going to the hospital as i was 7cm.
Shes a little slice of heaven.

Congrats Misscalais!!! You must be over the moon to have your first girl after 3 boys!

Thanks ladies!

Cheerios it honestly still hasn't sunk in lol i keep calling her him and this morning i called her little Mr :dohh: its really wonderful to have her here. The boys just think shes the bees knees and love having a sister.

I need to update here as well!

I had my son on April 8th through induction. I had a very healthy pregnancy all the way through until around 35 or 36 weeks along when my blood pressure rose. Also there was proteins in my urine which was confirmed to be preeclamsia days later.

Once I was confirmed full term the induction started at 37+2 weeks along. I was already 1 1/2cm dilated and 70% effaced but my cervix still needed work so I had a cervical ripening on the night of April 7th which is where contractions also started. By morning I was 3cm dilated and was started on pitosin around 10am. I unfortunately only lasted to 4cm without the epidural due to being in such intense pain.. I was hoping for a drug free birth but I guess it wasn't meant that time :(

After the epidural is when things went downhill. I was 9 1/2cm dilated, ready to push but was ignored by nurses and doctors. Most of them were on lunch break which of course really pissed off my family since I was there in pain and really needing to push!!! Once the doctor did arrive, I was fully dilated and definitely ready to go! So around 7:40pm I was finally allowed to push!

Baby Gabriel arrived in the world at 9:04pm looking so perfect and gorgeous! :cloud9:

But I didn't get to enjoy him very long as I was in even more severe pain than the labour was as they stitched up tears and then pressed heavily on my belly to remove medium sized blood clots. They pushed so hard that my belly was bruised afterwards.... I had lost a large amount of blood and was anemic. Oh but I wish the pain ended there! I couldn't pee for many hours and just sitting up straight made my head spin so bad that I felt like I would pass out. The nurses said that I HAD to pee or else my bladder would get too large and cause more clots to happen. The nurse that night was horrible and in my opinion very cruel :( She didn't care about me at all so long as she could get her job done when putting in the urinary catheter. She said I had too many injuries and was literally just shoving it wherever and in my wounds.... I was screaming loudly and crying, begging her stop after her third time. Thankfully she did. Later that day another and much kinder nurse came in and had to do it. Although incredibly painful anyway, she made me feel like she cared about the way I felt and actually got the catheter in the first shot.

So let me just say that I am not exaggerating when I say that I rather go through labour and pushing out my son a second time than have to go through the after birth pain again :(

In good news though, baby Gabriel is doing great! He was born at 9:04pm weighing 6lbs15oz and was 18 7/8in long! He's been feeding pretty well too, taking the breast like a champ! :)

Attachments

• 12961546_10156830098680078_8267220444094861499_n.jpg
    12961546_10156830098680078_8267220444094861499_n.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 12987182_10156830096890078_168955928787935134_n.jpg
    12987182_10156830096890078_168955928787935134_n.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 12928254_10156830097175078_1334567964304417818_n.jpg
    12928254_10156830097175078_1334567964304417818_n.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 7
kuji, that sounds like a terrible experience!! :( i'm so sorry! I had a c-section, and while not ideal, the nurses and doctors were amazing, and i had the absolute best care. they were so loving and tender and kind and i feel lucky to have had that. such a shame that nurses will be cruel and mean when they have an opportunity to help you. but glad that all is well now! aren't our babies heaven??

Kuji - I had to cringe while reading your birth story and how badly u were in pain and how badly u were treated by the nurses. :( So horrible. I had a similar nurse experience with my 1st son too. I had an unplanned C-section so I had to have twice-daily injections to prevent blood clots. This insensitve nurse just jabbed me in my legs first thing in the morning, without even giving me time to wake up. And oh boy, those thrombosis jabs hurt SO badly! I got a bruise for every-single-jab!

I wish u a speedy recovery!!!! Giving birth can be so tough on the body!

Thanks ladies!

Cheerios it honestly still hasn't sunk in lol i keep calling her him and this morning i called her little Mr :dohh: its really wonderful to have her here. The boys just think shes the bees knees and love having a sister.

SO happy for you!!! And I can totally imagine that you're so used to using "boy", "he" and all the masculine terms!

What's "bees knees"?

jtink- I'm happy you had a good experience though, it's what matters! I definitely wouldn't wish what I went through on anybody.

And they are. I'm already so in love with him :cloud9: I love my little man!

Cherios- Omg that's awful!!! I would be in complete shock if anything was done to me while I wasn't even fully conscious yet! I'm definitely sorry that happened to you.

Thank you! So far I'm feeling a lot better. I'm just happy to be home with my little man and everyday I'm slowly getting better.

No Doubt- Thank you. <3

Congrats Jan and Kuji. So sorry you had that experience Kuji.

I'm sure we had same due date and now our babies share birthday! Congratulations :)

Kuji I'm so sorry you had such an awful experience! Glad your both doing ok x

Sorry for not replying. Had a mad few days when I had Eryne.

Yes we had to stay in for 12 hours after the birth for monitoring anyway with or without the antibiotics due to the GBS. With my labour only being 1 hour 5 mins, the antibiotics they had given me, hadn't gotten into my system.

Baby was given the antibiotics anyway and had to have them every 12 hours for 48 hours, Eryne was found to have an infection so I was happy for her to have them. We spent 4 days in hospital in total. She's jaundice and really sleepy. I'm really struggling to wake her for feeds. I have to strip her nudey to get her to wake up. Her weight has dropped to 5lb 13oz so were being reviewed every two days until her weight starts to increase. But other than that, she's a perfect baby, she's fitted in so well with our other two girls and I can't imagine her not here now.

Congrats to all you lovely ladies who have also had your bundle/s of joy :) Sorry about the poor birth care too Kuji :(

xxx

SO happy for you!!! And I can totally imagine that you're so used to using "boy", "he" and all the masculine terms!

What's "bees knees"?
Thank :)
Oh its just a quote that basically means all things wonderful lol

It's been so quiet here lately. Any new babies??

Congrats Lin85 for your little girl, Eryne!!! Hope she puts on more weight now. My boy Liam also had some jaundice but he's fine now.... He slept a lot too... But as long as you can get her to wake up and feed, that's the most important thing.

Hey ladies, just popping in to say my daughter Esme was born Weds 13th April after a 5 hr labour (induced due to rfm) at 9:35pm weighing a dinky 7lbs 2oz. She's a absolute dream.

Birth story

Day assessment unit half 10 on Wednesday 13th April for third lot of rfm. Monitored baby's heartbeat and took swabs from neck of womb to check for leaking waters. All was fine, but registrar had spoken to the consultant about me and it was decided I should be induced that day.
Was given a bed on the ward where they monitored baby again and checked my cervix. Baby's head was low and I think it was said cervix was a little soft but did need work.
Propess inserted around 3:30pm. An hour later I started to have cramps in my back which I thought maybe meant I needed a poo. I went to have one but the pains were still there. Mum was with me and suggested we went for a walk which we did but we didn't go far cus I was very uncomfortable. Around 5pm pains were getting intense and lasting around 40 seconds and coming every 10 mins. Matthew took me for a walk but I kept stopping to breath through them. Back on the ward and they just kept getting more and more intense. I was beginning to panic. We didn't realise I was in labour at all and thought how the hell will I cope when I am! Midwife came and gave me paracetamol and dihydrocodeine. Made me feel sleepy but didn't really take anything away from the pain! She felt my tummy as I was in pain and confirmed they were indeed contractions, and good ones at that! She commended me for my breathing and said we need to get a cannula in my hand for iv anti b's because of group b strep but my veins were rubbish I guess from all the gripping I was doing!! Whilst they were faffing about with that my waters popped and broke! I lost all control of the pain then as baby's head was coming! She examined me between a contraction and I was 9cm dilated and the panic was on to get me a bed on delivery! Kept being told not to push ! The fetched the gas and air and wheeled me up to delivery. I had to walk from the door to the bed with a head coming out! Most pain I've ever been in! Started pushing straight away and used the gas and air to control my breathing between the contractions. She was out within 15 mins of pushing. Born 9:35pm 13th April. Tiny 1st degree tear and a few grazes but no stitches needed!

13006756_10154217295515362_3957520520644248348_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->