• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April Raindrops 2016

Powell I found getting stitched worse than the pain of labour, both times round! And that was with using Gas and Air throughout! I'm so wanting to avoid needing stitched this time!

How did you get on with meeting your Doula?

Powell I found getting stitched worse than the pain of labour, both times round! And that was with using Gas and Air throughout! I'm so wanting to avoid needing stitched this time!

Omg nooooo! All I ever think about is tearing or getting episiotomy... I was cut with my first because I was pushing for 2 hours and he was stuck! I remember her clearly stitching me up but I had the epidural and reminded them to top me up before going anywhere near there!

How do you do that with no pain relief?!! I really want to give birth naturally this time without epidural but I scared of the 'ring of fire' and tearing/episiotomy

What about the actual tearing do you feel that? Some ladies have said you don't feel it as it happens during contractions?

How did you get on with meeting your Doula?

guess my fear is justified lol

She was great!! I feel more relaxed about labor and birth knowing she will be there!! She's coming with me to my check up Thursday!

Omg nooooo! All I ever think about is tearing or getting episiotomy... I was cut with my first because I was pushing for 2 hours and he was stuck! I remember her clearly stitching me up but I had the epidural and reminded them to top me up before going anywhere near there!

How do you do that with no pain relief?!! I really want to give birth naturally this time without epidural but I scared of the 'ring of fire' and tearing/episiotomy

What about the actual tearing do you feel that? Some ladies have said you don't feel it as it happens during contractions?

My fears about no epi exactly!!! Ring of fire and tearing and stitching!! Glad it's not just me

It's making me tense my bits thinking about it. Both times round I didn't feel it at the time. With Summer it hurt like a bitch and they also had to put a catheter in cause of how I'd torn. Lovely first experience :coffee:

With Maci, first they inserted a painkiller up my bum hole (sorry) before they went near and it still stung like an absolute cow with me puffing on the gas and air. Neither or them were particularly 'bad' tears either.

To be honest though I think it was kind of my fault I tore with Maci. I had only just got into the birth pool and 'knew' it was close and the MW didn't believe me so wasn't even prepared. So I went with my own instincts and even when they told me to ''pant not push'' I didn't listen and pushed as I knew she was so close to coming out. Well she came out super fast but I tore as a result :growlmad:

Powell I'm glad your meeting with the doula went well. Must be such a relief that you's get on and having that extra support will be brilliant :thumbup:

Congrats Cheerios! Amazing you did that without meds!!

Tearing scares me to death too - it's on my list of why I chose to not go the vbac route.

I had an episiotomy with my first. They did the cut without any pain relief as the pressure of the babies head on the area numbs it anyway apparently. I don't remember feeling anything so that theory must have worked for me. I then had local anaesthetic to numb the area for stitching, which helped a bit but I could still feel lots of tugging. The doctor then also noticed a bit extra that needed stitching and hadn't been numbed but said that the anaesthetic injection would likely sting as much as doing a few stitches without numbing. He was wrong! He proceeded to do about 15 more stitches and it stung like crazy. I think got a suppository painkiller up the backside and it was great. For 24 hours, I was blissfully unaware of the healing process going on down there, then spent the next 2-3 weeks feeling like my insides were going to fall out.

With DS2, I tore a little bit and felt the ring of fire pretty intensely. I guess the episiotomy with DS1 stopped me getting that stretching feeling, but it really stung with DS2 and took a few contractions for me to build up the courage to pigs through it. It was worth it though, as the stitching and recovery from that shall tear was so so much better than the episiotomy.

Hey ladies! I just gave birth! Liam Owen Tews was born 1.30pm on 30.3.2016 after a quick labour and no epidural!

Still v v v shocked that I managed to have a natural birth without any medical intervention! - with God's help!

I'm writing this from the labour room while waiting to be brought to my regular room.

So over the moon at how empowering birth can be! It was painful but I'm so so shocked I managed to push Liam out with no vacuum, epidural or anything!!

Massive congrats mama!!!!!!!

How was it no epi? I really wanna try it this time but I'm scared lol did you need stitches? If so, how were they with no epi? I think I'm more scared of that than pushing him out :haha:

Can't wait to see pics of your little man!! Congrats again

Thanks! No epi was painful. But my midwife told me that epi won't help with the last phase of labour - the pushing. It's only effective for the dilation of the cervix. And speaking from my own experience with epi for my first two, I still felt pain when I was pushing.

But maybe it's just this case in Germany, cos perhaps they don't max out epidural like they do in other countries?

No I didn't need stitches. I had what they called a superficial bruise down there, so they said stitches weren't needed. But I did / do experience a stinging sensation when I urinate. It's getting better though.

My main reason for not having epi was because my dilation progressed v fast. So it wasn't needed. And by the time I wanted it, she said it was too late / it won't be effective in pushing. But I'm really glad she encouraged me to go all-natural.

I didn't think I could do it, but it's a top of the world feeling when u do! U feel all the sensation and you can stop pushing when you're told to stop/ continue to push when u have to. Very v empowering.

i'm petrified of tearing, and honestly glad i'm having another section, lol!! i had such an easy recovery from my section last time, so i hope it's the same this time. 5 more full days, eek!

Maybe it's done different because I didn't feel any pain while pushing! just pressure!
However, his head did get stuck on a nerve and I did feel that but the pain was in my belly and nerve pain, not from pushing. That's weird she said it wouldn't help with pushing pain

Hey ladies! I just gave birth! Liam Owen Tews was born 1.30pm on 30.3.2016 after a quick labour and no epidural!

Still v v v shocked that I managed to have a natural birth without any medical intervention! - with God's help!

I'm writing this from the labour room while waiting to be brought to my regular room.

So over the moon at how empowering birth can be! It was painful but I'm so so shocked I managed to push Liam out with no vacuum, epidural or anything!!

Awesome congratulations!

Congratulations!! Im glad all went well :)

I tore with my 1st, i didn't even know it happened though, 2nd degree. Only had g&a with all 3 but if this birth is anything like my last ill be asking for the next step up. I won't have epidurals though, they scare the crap out of me, there is no way id be able to sit still long enough for them to do it while in labour.

I tore with my 1st, i didn't even know it happened though, 2nd degree. Only had g&a with all 3 but if this birth is anything like my last ill be asking for the next step up. I won't have epidurals though, they scare the crap out of me, there is no way id be able to sit still long enough for them to do it while in labour.

I thought the same with #1 lol amazing what you can do when you're in labor :haha:

I had a 2nd degree tear, didn't feel it happening though. I wasn't aware of the stitching process either, I knew she was doing it but didn't feel anything down there. Was sucking away on the G&A! I had had an epi but it had definitely worn off a lot by then. Think I was high on all sorts though to be honest. Twas a long labour!

Congratulations cheerios! Amazing work!! Well done :D

I tore with my first but only 2nd degree and was stitched up no problems, healed well too.
With my second, Paige wasn't coming down quick enough for them so they cut me and then I tore a 3rd degree tear from that.. I was rushed off to surgery as soon as I'd given birth and had an epidural so I never felt anything. Was very sore for a week or so after but it all healed nicely. Hoping I don't tear as bad this time around :)

Lost the teeniest bit of plug this morning! I wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't examine my panty liner before trashing it lol

I'm in hospital having been induced. Went for a growth scan and baby measured small so they wanted out :-/ has propess pessary last night at 9pm, started with period pains at 12, then progressively getting worse till contractions every few minutes now (7am) in tired lol but couldn't sleep.

Hope everyone is well as can be xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->