~* April SweetPea's 2013 babies *~ 50 so far! 2 Blue 3 angels

Congrats to you too!! :)

I wasn't going to mention anything on here till I was about 10-12 weeks as I know so many of the girls (been here FAR too long :dohh:) buttt, I didn't want to miss out on getting to know my fellow april bumpies :thumbup: so how is everyone? excited? nauseous? morning sickness?

I've been really tired recently, but I'm not sure whether part of that is just being a busy mum, or all pregnancy! Has anyone told parents? I managed to tell mine at the weekend, thank god..

I really struggled on my night shift last night... really tired and some nausea. Once I had a little nap on my break I felt much better. It's really hard not being able to explain at work and I'm only just pregnant! Doesn't bode well for the rest of the 1st trimester!

I will happily take all the symptoms for a sticky bean though! Very excited, I'm a midwife and felt all emotional delivering a baby last night. X

AWh yeah that is extremely hard, I had nausea and migraines throughout my first pregnancy and was working all hour shifts, not being able to explain you weren't being lazy etc is hard!! Must be amazing delivering babies :) I'd always loved to be a midwife, but would never be able to deal with the needle and medical side of it. I think midwives are incredible, utmost respect for you MrsSmartie :)

Congrats to you too!! :)

I wasn't going to mention anything on here till I was about 10-12 weeks as I know so many of the girls (been here FAR too long :dohh:) buttt, I didn't want to miss out on getting to know my fellow april bumpies :thumbup: so how is everyone? excited? nauseous? morning sickness?

I've been really tired recently, but I'm not sure whether part of that is just being a busy mum, or all pregnancy! Has anyone told parents? I managed to tell mine at the weekend, thank god..

Iv not told any family yet :dohh: OH has told his all his family
know but we was okay with that part as they all was overly happy
and we used to even talk to OH's mum about wanting a baby so was
pretty open with her.. but my dad won't take it lightly lol, think my mum
will be fine might be telling her next weekend not sure yet was going
to wait off until 12 weeks to so i can show a scan pic and do it a better
way :lol:

Im not feeling much.. have waves of nausea and always hungry
and peeing constant but thats about it! :haha: no energy either

Telling the parents is definately one of the hardest parts of early pregnancy. I was terrified of telling mine again, 21 with three kids, hmm.. I hadn't planned on telling them before 12 weeks either but it just sort of came out in a row in the middle of town :dohh: But by which point my mum had walked away so I confessed all to my dad, he was really supportive and said he'd tell mum (yes, i'm chicken). She seems to have taken it better than the others, or at least is keeping her true feelings hidden from me since I've been so stressed about everything. Dads always been very supportive so I'm glad he's happy for us :) How do you think your mum will react? Are you quite close with her? Will you try and tell her face to face with the scan pic then?

That's fantastic about OH's parents :) we told OH's parents first for the other two pregnancies. But this time I think we're going to try and keep it quiet till 12 weeks with them. They'll be over the moon, they've never had a problem with us having kiddies, it's going to be hard keeping it quiet though, they guessed with our second last time!! Plus I'm beginning to show already :/ No idea how that's possible!

Eek I'm with you with the nausea waves and constant peeing :dohh: Do you go through stages of feeling hungry very quickly but only being able to eat a small amount? And other times can't stand eating and paticularly certain foods. OH cooked the kids belly of pork today, just the thought is making me feel queasy!! Blergh, joys of pregnancy!

Telling the parents is definately one of the hardest parts of early pregnancy. I was terrified of telling mine again, 21 with three kids, hmm.. I hadn't planned on telling them before 12 weeks either but it just sort of came out in a row in the middle of town :dohh: But by which point my mum had walked away so I confessed all to my dad, he was really supportive and said he'd tell mum (yes, i'm chicken). She seems to have taken it better than the others, or at least is keeping her true feelings hidden from me since I've been so stressed about everything. Dads always been very supportive so I'm glad he's happy for us :) How do you think your mum will react? Are you quite close with her? Will you try and tell her face to face with the scan pic then?

That's fantastic about OH's parents :) we told OH's parents first for the other two pregnancies. But this time I think we're going to try and keep it quiet till 12 weeks with them. They'll be over the moon, they've never had a problem with us having kiddies, it's going to be hard keeping it quiet though, they guessed with our second last time!! Plus I'm beginning to show already :/ No idea how that's possible!

Eek I'm with you with the nausea waves and constant peeing :dohh: Do you go through stages of feeling hungry very quickly but only being able to eat a small amount? And other times can't stand eating and paticularly certain foods. OH cooked the kids belly of pork today, just the thought is making me feel queasy!! Blergh, joys of pregnancy!

Thats great not about the row! :lol: but least it came out quite
easily and went well after that! My parents are both supportive
i don't get to see my mum as much as my dad as she lives a distance
from me but i do when i can.. i am very close to her though she will
take it okay i know she will she might hide her feelings from me and
tell my step dad what she really thinks but one way or another
she will have to deal with it and be happy im giving her a 2nd grand
child .. I thought it would be a better idea to like say iv got something
to show you and hand her it and then go from there but i think it may
spill out at the weekend :haha:

Its nice when at least one side are overly happy if not both..
It is possible specially with your 3rd! :) im very bloated iv
uploaded photos in my journal will be bloat at this stage as
baby will be a seed i think lol but its all hard now! I do feel like
that iv never been a big eater anyway but im feeling so hungry
but don't know what i want so i end up snacking and that makes
me feel better i need some healthy snacks instead of crap!

I want to tell everyone now, but OH wants to wait till after my 1st doctors appt. With DS we told everyone as soon as we found out. But this time, OH is worried because I had complications during my emcs and he thinks it might be a problem this time. DS was back to back and got very stuck while I was pushing, they called an emcs. He was so stuck that even in the cs they had a very hard time getting him out. When they finally pulled him out it ripped up both side of my uterus. They told me that it wont effect another pregnancy, as long as I waited at least a year. However I can not have a VBAC and I will be sectioned early to prevent me from going into labour on my own.

Im just reading through your posts while sitting in bed.. And just remembered I'm pregnant as well lol!!! All excited now like its Xmas eve or something :haha:

I never used to forget when I was pregnant with my boy, maye it's just because he keeps me busy now?!

As for telling family, I told my mum and hubby as soon a I had a positive digi (9dpo lol) told my best friend a few days later. Think we will tell DH's family and his work after we've had a couple of early scans, or maybe even the 12 week one. They all guessed with our son before the 12 week one anyway lol!

Jeep girl, sounds like you had quite an ordeal! My boy was also a back to back baby, but luckily he came out (still facing up!) on his own!

Will they just automatically section you as a precaution then?

It wasn't the birth I dream of lol. In fact the only thing in my birthplan was that I wanted every option exhausted before resorting to a CS. The doctors were great and really did try everything, but a natural birth just wasn't in the card for me :( I have to have a planned CS for any more children that I have. They told me after DS was born that I will probably be scheduled about 2 weeks before my due date. But we will see what the doctor says this time, it won't be the same doctor as I had with DS.

Thats great not about the row! :lol: but least it came out quite
easily and went well after that! My parents are both supportive
i don't get to see my mum as much as my dad as she lives a distance
from me but i do when i can.. i am very close to her though she will
take it okay i know she will she might hide her feelings from me and
tell my step dad what she really thinks but one way or another
she will have to deal with it and be happy im giving her a 2nd grand
child .. I thought it would be a better idea to like say iv got something
to show you and hand her it and then go from there but i think it may
spill out at the weekend :haha:

Its nice when at least one side are overly happy if not both..
It is possible specially with your 3rd! :) im very bloated iv
uploaded photos in my journal will be bloat at this stage as
baby will be a seed i think lol but its all hard now! I do feel like
that iv never been a big eater anyway but im feeling so hungry
but don't know what i want so i end up snacking and that makes
me feel better i need some healthy snacks instead of crap!

Haha no not at all! Bit of a scene, but I kept it quite low as I had my kids with me and didn't want them to realise anything was going on etc. My son was in my arms pointing at my nose making me laugh when I was crying, they're so funny :) Good luck telling your parents :) Hope they take it well.

Oh yeah definately at least having one side happy about it means you dont have to dread telling both!! Haha perhaps, I'll have to find your journal and have a look. Yeah mine is all hard too which is why I feel I'm showing rather than all bloat. Crazy! Ahh I know what you mean with the unhealthy stuff, just grab something quick. I was trying to carry on with a spin class into this pregnancy but my last class completely wiped me out the following day, felt awful, so just decided it wasn't worth the risk of something happening. So all healthy eating it is!! (Can't say it's working so far :dohh:)

Jeep girl - really does sound you had an awful ordeal!! :( I couldnt imagine how hard that must have been. I was really fortunate with both my labours of my children so far and thank my lucky stars. Even though your next has to be a CS, I hope your pregnancy is nice and smooth :)

Dan-o - yess, I often finding myself forgetting I'm pregnant then every now and again it comes back into my head! I definately think pregnancy goes faster when you have children already too, I hardly recall my son's pregnancy! It just sped by! I've told a few close friends, my parents and that's it for now. Ideally the rest I'm wanting to wait for 12 weeks too, although I have my first docs appointment tomorrow and i'm not sure how much longer OH can hold it from his family!

Lor I've given up spinning too, anything over a moderate walk leave me reeling! I'm still managing the walks fine, but if it's hot DH has to push the buggy up the steep hills lol! Feel like a proper lightweight lol!
I revised my eating habits (permanantly) before falling pregnant, so I'm just going to stick to that and hope the 3rd tri cravings aren't for something bad like chocolate or cheese lol!!!

Becyboo I'm sorry you think your dad might not take it well, that's a shame :hugs:

Hopefully he will suprise you and be delighted! X

So April/May seems like a good time to have a little one! You don't have to be pregnant when it has got really hot so that is good for labour as well! (This is UK weather btw). xx

Yes it was absolutely roasting when I had my son in july, I ended up stark naked by the time I was hitting transition! It was only my mum and DH in with me tho, so nothing they haven't seen before :haha:

DS was born in April and your right, it was a perfect time of year to have a baby. I can't imagine what its like to be in 3rd Tri in the summer.

I was pregnant from May until January with DS but really
that was fine i was only first tri in the summer so it wasn't a huge
deal i got big by autumn and massive during winter.. BUT it was awful
being heavily pregnant in the winter with the snow and ice.. it ment
staying in because risk of me slipping over :nope: and i did around twice
but luckily on my bum :dohh:

I know this time i will be worring again about slipping over as when the snow
comes it can come horrible i know its no where near as bad as other parts
of the world :lol: but its bad enough when it comes! but i should be around
20-28 weeks in the winter for december/jan/feb so be nice in spring time coming
to be big and it not be a problem to walk about outside lol!

Hope everyone is doing well!

No news with me iv got bad headaches on and off.. im so tired i think im aneamic (sp)
i usually am so ill be asking mw when i see her to check but im taking tablets for it anyway
as iv had it every pregnancy anyway..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"