Aptamil comfort blocking the TT teats

Nut_Shake

Reaction score
My babies have just gone on aptamil comfort and it keeps blocking the tommee tippee number 2 teats, so several times whilst feeding I have to suck the teat to unblock it, its so annoying!

Is anyone else having this trouble? Is there anything I can do to stop this happening xx

u have to use a larger teat size because of the milk being thicker xxx

But i just bought all new size 2 teats! Size 3 is far too much for them surely, my babies arent even 3 months yet...Not sure if that would make a difference though as size 3 only means there are 3 holes which are still as small as the others?? Stupid bloody thing

Hi

I have been using this formula too. It's great! But yes occasionally blockages occur. I use mainly dr brown bottles and my daughter much prefers the smaller diameter neck of the teat compared to the tomee tipp ee. I use mainly size 2 teats on the dr brown. But, i do if need be, use my tomme tipee ones if I have run out of clean dr brown bottles. I have found that the temperature of the milk makes a difference. The colder the milk, the more chance of blockage! Liquids are generally more dense when they are cooler. So warming up the milk may help.

Ps: im sure the level 2 teat of dr brown bottle don't have two holes.....it is a wider hole!

Nut_shake I had this problem even with the stage2 teats aswell. What you nee is the variflow ones. They are 0m+ but they are cross cut and allow the heavier formula through but only as much as baby can suck so it doesn't overwhelm them

I used the variflow ones too and they were fine x

With TT teats, when you buy new ones the valves are usually stuck shut. This will stop the milk coming out of the bottle, except with a lot of effort. This applies to all CTN teats, stage 1-3 and variflow.

Try squeezing the valve open on all your new teats before you sterilise them for the next use, or even just make a habit of doing it each time you wash them.

I think you can buy tt teats that are designed for thick milk! Although still annoying as you've just bought new teats :(

https://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/thick-feed-teat-y-cut_/

Hey i haven't used the comfort milk with LO before but i did have to use the Staydown milk which is the same consistency!
I found that using the Variflow teats solved this problem for me! :)
good luck xx

With TT teats, when you buy new ones the valves are usually stuck shut. This will stop the milk coming out of the bottle, except with a lot of effort. This applies to all CTN teats, stage 1-3 and variflow.

Try squeezing the valve open on all your new teats before you sterilise them for the next use, or even just make a habit of doing it each time you wash them.

This! And i use the variflo teats and never had any problems x

I had this problem with the TT teats (no. 1 ones) with expressed breast milk. Sometimes Ava-Mae would be sucking for ages and then I would realise she wasn't getting anything!

I eventually gave up and swapped to the Avent bottles as we had everything Avent already (we were given the couple of new TT bottles etc) and these don't seem to block.

x

I know this is an old post but kind of stalking as we are on comfort milk lo frustrated with teat 2 size tried variflow yest but she was unsure of that so debating persevering with the variflow or trying teat 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->