Are airport lounges worth it?

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
As title says. Anyone used them and are they worth it? Particularly Manchester T2- looking at Escape or Aspire (which is better?) ... £135 for 2 adults, 5 ch, 1 infant. Thanks x

I've never used an airport lounge and never would if I had to pay for them. There's usually lots of play structures, restaurants, etc to hang out in. Maybe if I had a super long layover in a really crappy airport then I'd consider it, but not for a regular airport visit. I find unless it's a layover we are never waiting around for more than 30 min or so anyways.

I'd never consider using one, I just mingle with the crowd lol... I can think of better things to spend £125 on x

Thanks ladies! My thoughts were i might actually save money as food and drinks are included (inc alcoholic)

Im thinking airport prices id probably pay close to £80 for 8 burger kings, and theyd still need drinks for the plane where as I can grab a bottle each for them from the lounge before we board. And no doubt hubby will want a coupe if pints and me a wine or 2... settle the nerves!

You can use it for 3 hours... we have to check in 2 hours before but we are 2 hours from Manchester and its bank hol Mon so setting off extra early, so everyones going to need something to eat either way.

Overall we will be setting off from home at around 10am and won't arrive at the hotel til gone midnight.

They're phoning back tonight so i have to make my mind up by then. It's the food quality im most worried about as I dont want to pay that much if it's rubbish, then have to fork out money on food in the airport aswell! x

I fed my 2 on way to airport (car picnic) and when we got off. At the airport we bought a couple of drinks and 1 snack for the plane. It was short distance though.

If its worth it food wise and you can only eat at the airport it sounds worth it.

Yeah snacky stuff is deff an option too for on way although i still think theyll want a hot meal either in airport or on plane as its a long transfer on the other side too (1.5 hours after 4.5 hour flight, without hanging around for luggage and checking in etc!)

I might see if Google brings up the cheapest food place in the airport. God i sound so tight but with 8 of us I have to weigh it up whats cheapest as food and drink is expensive. Thank God were all inclusive when we get there! 😂 x

We generally always use them, I can't stand how busy the airport is and I like to try and chill out before the flight, the kids enjoy helping themselves to the food/drink and generally will watch a film on tablet while on charge as well. Have you looked on topcashback/quidco to see if can book through either holiday extras etc to see if can get cashback?

My dad goes to the lounge now when he flys he has said it's well worth it

Yeah snacky stuff is deff an option too for on way although i still think theyll want a hot meal either in airport or on plane as its a long transfer on the other side too (1.5 hours after 4.5 hour flight, without hanging around for luggage and checking in etc!)

I might see if Google brings up the cheapest food place in the airport. God i sound so tight but with 8 of us I have to weigh it up whats cheapest as food and drink is expensive. Thank God were all inclusive when we get there! 😂 x
No way, I resent the cost of some food out these days. When my OHs children are here it's 4 adult meals and 2 kids and I just can't do it when my 2 are spending £5 on a kids meal and were spending £20+ on his.

Tight ass here too then :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"