Are any of you breastfeeding moms ravenously hungry?

fashionlover

Reaction score
I thought my post pregnancy body and appetite would go back to normal, but I am so hungry and famished all the time. Not to mention I am 2 months out from having baby and the weight gain is not going as fast as I expected. I always heard that breastfeeding made the lbs come off pretty fast...anyone else experiencing this??:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Ha! Yes me. I also put loads of weight on! Not impressed. I liked that I could bf and would also lose the baby weight that way, but it didn't happen. Weirdly I'm combi feeding now and my weight is falling off so must have been due to bf??

Interesting. I swear it must be a trick to entice us to breastfeed.

I lost 2stone in the first 2 months and about 2lb in the last month lol, I exclusively bf and eat well. I did get told your body will sometimes hold onto some weight as a back up until you stop breastfeeding. Maybe it's that? X

I lost about 2 stone over the first year of bf. However my child hardly ever slept during the day and screamed when I turned my back, so I struggled to eat properly for the first 6 months and was too exhausted to eat big meals in the evening.

However I was starving and whenever I woke in the night I'd eat a granola bar and a banana!

I thought my post pregnancy body and appetite would go back to normal, but I am so hungry and famished all the time. Not to mention I am 2 months out from having baby and the weight gain is not going as fast as I expected. I always heard that breastfeeding made the lbs come off pretty fast...anyone else experiencing this??:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Same problem...starving and not losing....baby boy 15 weeks yesterday

Yes, I crave sugar after every feed, have to space myself out with small bits of sweet food and meals. Managed to lose most of the weight but I think I could gain it back very easily.

I remember that. I always thought the same, that I wouldn't be constantly hungry but nope, I still was :L You do burn up to 500 calories a day so you do need a bit extra though.

I had a largely craving-free pregnancy and was gobsmacked at how I felt like I was constantly STARVING when I started breastfeeding. I lost my pregnancy weight a week after delivery and now that I've been breastfeeding for 9.5 months, I've gained 1.5 times what I'd gained during the whole pregnancy! I am still hungry all the time, but trying to adjust my diet. In the beginning of BF I'd always be craving sweet foods.

I too am absolutely starving all the time. I only gained 11 pounds during my pregnancy and immediately lost that from the baby, fluids, etc. Only at my 6 week checkup I gained 7 pounds back!! :cry: I have a lot of weight to lose not from my pregnancy but before I was pregnant so I really don't know what to do. I am now released from the Dr. to workout so I am going to start that this week hopefully that will help.

My baby is 19 days old.
I feel starving ALL the time!
I'm craving peanuts/protein items.

My home scale needs a battery so I have no idea what my weight is doing. I know I was 30 pounds overweight to begin with, and I'm feeling pretty flabby. But my belly has gone down quite a bit so far. But otherwise I don't think I've actually lost anything.

The first few months after my last pregnancy I was ravenously hungry all the time. It got a little better, but I still often sneak an extra meal into the day somewhere! I eat healthily, but never watch portions nor deny myself a slice of cake when I feel like it.

I wouldn't say the weight fell off crazy fast like some people experience (like, back to pre-preg by three weeks) but it came off pretty steadily and when I recently got weighed for my first GP visit for my current pregnancy, I found I was five kilograms (11 pounds) under my previous pre-preg weight, which gives me a BMI of 18.5, which is borderline underweight.

I'm planning to continue tandem feeding once the new baby is here, god knows what that's going to do to me!!

I have moments of being starving and since having him 4 days ago cannot stop eating chocolate..crave it constantly! I am giving myself a week then am going to try and snack on healthy things!x

According to my experience as long as I BF my both the sons I never gained weight but was feeling hungry every two hours .I was never eating fatty food .To my surprise I was eating so much but I never gained weight.As was told that as long as I am bf I should be careful about my diet.

Yup, I've been soooo hungry too. Starting to level out a bit now, specially as LO is 5 months and naps are more predictable. Haven't dared weigh myself recently.

In the beginning, I was famished..it blew my mind how much I could eat and STILL be hungry lol It finally died down around 8/9 months but I'm still much hungrier than I was was pre baby....I found bf has kept the weight off for me

I eat all the time! Was not expecting bf to do this to me. I didn't have much cravings during pregnancy and had days where I was starving... But nothing can compare to bf appetite!! I eat pretty healthy, except for my sweet tooth which I don't deny and my HUGE craving for peanut butter! I lost most of my baby weight in the first couple weeks, then I started gainig. Now at 6 weeks pp I am loosing again. I have no clue what my body is doing! My milk supply is enough for 3 babies as well :wacko:

my son is 4.5 mo.
First 2 months I was constantly hungry and thirsty.
Now it is getting better, I think my body adjusted.

Weight loss is going a lot slower than I thought, under normal circumstances I lose weight easily, but now my body seems to hold on to fat or something... I thought by September I would have lost it all, but here I am. I can't diet as I'm afraid for my supply, I feel too tired to exercise everyday, and I feel the pressure of the season changing, because all my winter clothes are size XS

Yes I have a huge appetite, it's easing off a little finally but in the first 2 months I was eating bigger portions than my husband which isn't normal for me. My weight loss has kind of stalled about 3kg above pre-preg weight. It's really annoying!

I am! I ended up putting a lot of weight on during my first ten months of breastfeeding. But then I lost around 34 lbs and then went back off track again. I'm still hungry all the time now but want to get back to how good I was being at the beginning of the year! I'm thirsty a lot too so drinking loads of water!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->