Are connectas reversable?

bjl1981

Reaction score
As the title says, I'm looking to upgrade from my basic Tomy carrier which we were given for either a BabyHawk or Connecta, but the thing I love about Babyhawk is that they're reversable, so I can get a funky pattern, but OH can wear it plain. Can you do the same with a connecta?

I just had a go and the only problem is that the clips are backwards so it's quite difficult to adjust. It can be done though as one of my clips got twisted last week and OH 'untwisted it' the wrong way and I didn't have time to fix it before group so I had to wear it with 2 normal clips and a backwards clip so that's just the same as reversing it.

I would only need it inside out for OH, so could he adjust the size and then turn it inside out?

Sorry to take over this thread OP, but thought I would shove my question in here rather than start a new thread :thumbup:

I like the idea of a connecta as my next sling cos im sick to death of the bjorn killing my back, but I've got a couple of questions. Are they comfy? Cos they look quite similar to the bjorn in terms of the straps, whereas the normal mei tais have quite wide straps, which I imagine spread the weight more evenly? I want one with a sleeping hood because I think it looks super cute :cloud9:...any ideas where I can get a reasonably priced one from? Should I just stop being lazy with wanting clips and just go full on out and get a normal mei tai?? Help!! xxx

I had a Wilkinet and we really struggled with tie-ing it which is why I eventually forked out for a connecta. I find it really comfy, the first few times I wore it my shoulders were a bit sore to start with but as time goes by it gets better, like a backpack, unlike the Hauck one which got worse and worse til I ended up carrying him! Now I don't even feel it/notice it and rarely touch the pram. The only time it hurts is if I've had a few days off or he's had a growth spurt. I'm 5'4 and not very fit and he weighs 17lbs now and I still wear it with ease. I've taken him to London for the day before without it hurting and I've learnt to eat round it if he's asleep when I'm in a restaurant etc., I can't get over how much I love it! The straps are wide I'd say, and well padded. I invested in the lumbar support strap for when he gets bigger just in case too and the sleephood is a godsend. If we've been to swimming or something he falls asleep the minute I put him in it which is really handy.

Some pics:

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/miaowcatty/006-7.jpg

https://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs214.snc1/8128_513592951294_284300026_705566_5902237_n.jpg

https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs214.snc1/8128_513592956284_284300026_705567_7209408_n.jpg

Was hoping the first one would show how thick the straps are, I've not had a babybjorn to compare to.

As for the price I couldn't find them cheaper anywhere but if you check stockists on the website there might be somewhere near you that sells them that might do a new year sale ;)

You are fantastic kitten :hugs: Thankyou so much. I'm going to keep ebaying and looking round....theres a sling meet near me at the beginning of next month so im going to have a go on a few til i've made a final decision.

Thanks again hun :hugs:

No probs, I can't say enough good things about the connecta, I should be a spokesperson hehe.

I just love the sleep hood :cloud9: How gorgeous does little Theakston look in that pic!

He's not that little anymore, the big oaf!

OMG I know how quickly they get big! Olivia just hit the 16lb mark yesterday....shes a right chunker! xx

Just wanted to add...Connectas are FAB! I have a Connecta Integra (with the hood) and a custom made one with fabric that took me AGES to source from the US and it was the only carrier I would dare try and get LO onto my back with and it's soooo easy!

They are basically a Mei Tai but with buckles...called an SSC (soft structured carrier :D)

I use other carriers/slings but cannot rate them highly enough! If you want any advice on carriers feel free to PM me as I no longer use a pushchair...just slings now! :thumbup:

x

Forgot to add, Connectas aren't reversible but I have managed to turn the buckles round if I really wanted to do it! :flower:

Yeah it's fiddly on the ol' fingers but you can twist then re-straighten the straps, I got really frustrated doing it when mine accidentally twisted and I had to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->