Are dating scans accurate to date of conception?

I thought i would go by the size of baby as i wasnt sure of my last lmp. How would i work out my conception date based on a due date by ultrasound 20th march 2012

Hi,

if im 35 weeks now due date 20th march by dating scan, did i conceive 33 weeks ago or 35? this 2 weeks thing is confusing me :)

Hi,

if im 35 weeks now due date 20th march by dating scan, did i conceive 33 weeks ago or 35? this 2 weeks thing is confusing me :)

you would have ovulated and conceived 33 weeks ago

Thanks. I thought scans measured different in the UK

Hi everyone

This is my first time pregnant and I'm trying to figure out when I conceived. My last period started on 9th sept. I did a pregnancy test on 13oct and it said I was 2-3 weeks. I had my first scan yesterday and it came up as 9 weeks 4 days...this is only a few days after my period so I couldn't have ovulated yet. I know I had sex on 14,15,19,25,29 sept then again 4th Oct. Does anyone have any idea when they think I conceived?

Thanks xxx

Hard to know for sure without more info on cycle length, but assuming you have a 14 day luteal phase, conception was probably 7w 4days ago, so around about 27th september-ish for ovulation.. Probably sperm from 25th fertilised. But tbh, its a guess xx

Oh, and based on those dates it would technically be possible to get a pregnant 2-3 weeks on a digi by 13th oct as thatd be over 2 weeks since conception x

Hi everyone

This is my first time pregnant and I'm trying to figure out when I conceived. My last period started on 9th sept. I did a pregnancy test on 13oct and it said I was 2-3 weeks. I had my first scan yesterday and it came up as 9 weeks 4 days...this is only a few days after my period so I couldn't have ovulated yet. I know I had sex on 14,15,19,25,29 sept then again 4th Oct. Does anyone have any idea when they think I conceived?

Thanks xxx

Hi! I too was 9+4 yesterday, and my LMP was 9th Sept!! Now, this isn't a definite science, as the length of your luteal phase plays a part, but it is likely you ovulated close to the 27th Sept so the BD you did on 25th would be the one that got the egg!! Hope that helps xx

So, if the tech said "just over 7 weeks" during the dating scan, does that mean CONCEPTION was just over 7 weeks ago.

Or does it mean conception was just over 9 weeks ago?

Thanks. I know this question has been asked like 20 other times, but I still don't get it.

They add 2 weeks onto conception ! Going of average 28day cycle !!!

But when you get your scan it's different they go off measurements !!!

So I had ivf and know exactly when everything happend but if I went into my 12 week scan and was measuring ahead they could still changes me as you impalnt all differently ! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->