Are fireworks legal where you live?

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
The kind you can buy and set off at home.. they are were we live, but nothing too crazy. Still annoying... and worse, we live directly under a state that sells MUCH bigger/louder fireworks- and although they are "illegal" in our state- obviously people still buy them up there and bring them here. So yeah- that's fun when a neighbor starts them up a week early!

But in California (just below us)- you can only watch fireworks- they are not allowed in residential neighborhoods... :) That was a lovely 4th when we visited my hubbies aunt-- so quiet! LOL.

Maybe I'm just over it?! Or old. :haha:

In the Uk no they are legal over the age of 18/21 (can't remember which age)

They are legal here but I dont agree with it. In no other circumstances would it be okay to hand a member of public a tube of gunpowder to set alight!

I think it's 18, nobody really sets them off though where I live unless it's around bonfire night, other than that I never hear anybody setting them off

Yes but you rarely hear them unless it's bonfire night and the week around then. I don't like them really

Yes they are legal to buy but you have to be 18+. However people generally only buy them around 4th November (Guy Fawkes/Bonfire Night) & New Year.

I *think* certain fireworks are illegal to buy 'over the counter' and can only be bought for display purposes. I don't think the general public can buy them unless you know 'that guy round the corner.' I might be wrong though.

Here it varies. If you live in the city, illegal. We live outside the city, so they are legal.

This thread makes me want to do some this year...DS was just a baby last year, but we could get some small ones....lots of people in our neighborhood do them on the 4th of July (which is this Friday!). They don't usually start them early though.

I believe they are illegal in our city and legal outside of the city maybe? Of course people do them anyway. I don't like the big ones, they are too dangerous in a neighborhood with kids everywhere if you ask me. They do a big professional display downtown on the river for the 4th, but people tend to get shot so we haven't been in years. We need to move somewhere with less crime!

Here it varies. If you live in the city, illegal. We live outside the city, so they are legal.

This thread makes me want to do some this year...DS was just a baby last year, but we could get some small ones....lots of people in our neighborhood do them on the 4th of July (which is this Friday!). They don't usually start them early though.

Yeah- this year hasn't been AS bad as past years- our neighbor in our new neighborhood are more respectful the week prior- but loads go off on the 4th. But at our old house (a few yrs back) - the people in the house right next to us were setting them off AFTER the 4th and vey loud ones till way late... it's things like that which are annoying! Cause some of us do have to wake up for work the next day! Glad it's on a Friday this year so that's not the case either way ;)

They are legal here in Scotland and unfortunately a lot of people in my town buy them. Although nobody does where we live, you can still hear them coming from the more "unsavory" areas.

I'm either 21 going on 60 or a snob... Or both!!

They are here but in the city only certain ones are allowed to be set off by the public.

They are supposedly illegal in Ohio, but you can buy them in Ohio if you sign a contract saying you're planning to take them out of state. They don't enforce it at all; i live in the city and have been hearing people set them off for a good week now. Sooo annoying! They must not have young kids to think 10pm is a good time for fireworks in a housing development full of young families.

Here in NY they are not legal, not anymore anyway. BUT that doesn't stop the majority of people from setting them off. :rofl:

Legal, and the busiest time for them here is Diwali.

They are legal here in the UK. I know someone that bought some and didn't use them so left them on top of his wardrobe. He went to move them one day and one accidentally got set off, hitting him in the face :shock:

I love them, but from a distance, displays only thank you!

They're legal he in Scotland.

You guys are such moans:haha:

Fireworks are honestly my favorite thing in the world. It's probably what I spent most on at my wedding and we were recently at Disneyland for 2 weeks and almost every night I watched fireworks.

I had them at my wedding too (I got married on 5th November!) but I wouldn't light my own. I don't even like lighting candles ;)

They're legal he in Scotland.

You guys are such moans:haha:

Fireworks are honestly my favorite thing in the world. It's probably what I spent most on at my wedding and we were recently at Disneyland for 2 weeks and almost every night I watched fireworks.

LOL, I didn't used to be! Honestly, I do LOVE fireworks; we used to do our own quite a bit...but I think right now its just the age of the kids. Obviously I still enjoy them on the dates they are intended for. the problem we have, is that people literally will be setting them off nightly around 10-11pm for a good month. No joke. Its been a week already, with the 4th coming up, and then everyone will go buy loads after the 4th when they are on sale and be setting them off nightly for the next several weeks. It's really frustrating with small kids getting interrupted sleep from the noise every single night.

They are illegal here in Ireland, they can only be done professionals and you have to have a permit, it's great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->