Are fireworks legal where you live?

For me, there is a HUGE difference to going to watch a fireworks show- like by the lake or top the local hills. I loved that as a kid- and still do. But having them going off all week, late at night, and LOUD- when you have a family and work the next day... um, not so much! :haha:

technically- they aren't allowed other than the 4th of July... for residence, but yeah, that doesn't stop people.

They are legal here but over 18's only. I don't mind them at organised displays but I hate it when people just set them off for the sake of it.

As others have said they are legal in UK for over 18's to buy. I think they are only legally for sale around Guy Fawkes night and New year, although I'm sure if only you knew the right corner shop to go to you'd get what you wanted.

Personally I think they should be banned. Every year there are stories about people being hit with fireworks thrown out of car windows and I'm sure people don't follow the safety guidance at home displays. I'm really scared of home fireworks. Plus people set them off so late and not just on Bonfire night but for weeks around it, it's a nightmare when you have children/pets.

eta- I couldn't actually find anywhere that says they are only for sale at certain times of year. But that's the only time I've ever seen them for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->