are gender swaying methods a load of rubbish?

jessicasmum

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi I've been looking up loads about gender swaying as I have 2 girls and would love a boy for my 3rd and final baby. Its all so condradictive though. So I was wondering what you ladies thought,do you think there is any truth in it? Or is it a 50/50 shot every time. Also those of you with boys what DTD timing did you do to conceive your boy? What diet did you have?

Hi heather! How are you doing? We're gonna ttc our third in the new year and I'm quite scared. It will definitely be our last, regardless of gender. Of course I would love any baby but a third boy would mean definitely no daughters for me. I always thought I would have one so it's a bit of an adjustment.
I've looked on the gender dreaming site, it's really good. Some of it is contradictory but I guess that's because what goes on in our bodies is so complicated and individual.
I for one have always eaten a very 'blue' diet. I snack a lot, eat lots of all food groups including veg, meat, fat etc. I am traditionally what would be called a healthy eater I guess, but with a bit more chocolate thrown in!
From what I can see, more blue diets are high in nutrients, more pink diets are low in nutrients and high in sugar. Simplifying it ALOT there!
I know shettles timing has been disproved scientifically but anecdotally it works for me, both my boys were conceived pretty much on the day of ovulation.
Eta good luck whatever you decide! In my more sane moments I know it will all work out and what will be will be

Hi Heather! well my diet has and always will be more blue so i can disprove the diet theory. plus as i said before our timing has always been close to or on ov'. only thing i can think of is the number of times dtd. in the group i am in on here all the few mums who replied that only had boys were all one time deeds too...:shrug:

Hi heather! How are you doing? We're gonna ttc our third in the new year and I'm quite scared. It will definitely be our last, regardless of gender. Of course I would love any baby but a third boy would mean definitely no daughters for me. I always thought I would have one so it's a bit of an adjustment.
I've looked on the gender dreaming site, it's really good. Some of it is contradictory but I guess that's because what goes on in our bodies is so complicated and individual.
I for one have always eaten a very 'blue' diet. I snack a lot, eat lots of all food groups including veg, meat, fat etc. I am traditionally what would be called a healthy eater I guess, but with a bit more chocolate thrown in!
From what I can see, more blue diets are high in nutrients, more pink diets are low in nutrients and high in sugar. Simplifying it ALOT there!
I know shettles timing has been disproved scientifically but anecdotally it works for me, both my boys were conceived pretty much on the day of ovulation.
Eta good luck whatever you decide! In my more sane moments I know it will all work out and what will be will be

Hi nice to hear from you. I'm good thanks. How's things with you? Is it in Jan you starting TTC?
My diet both times has been pretty poor, I'm a vegetarian so no meat just crap like pizza,chocolate etc. Would you say you eat quite a bit of salt/sodium? They say this is one of the things for boy diet.
Because I'm a vegetarian and they say eat meat I'm going to eat more protein like eggs and beans which I like any way just don't always eat them.
I suppose there is no harm in doing the dieting bit well as much as I can but im worried that the pressure of waiting for ovulation and say to hubby right we need to do it now is just going to put a strain on TTC like it did before, he thinks its all nonsense when I mentioned about the swaying any way.
Was you tracking your ovulation with opks when trying? Just wondered if you waited for positive to DTD.

Hi Heather! well my diet has and always will be more blue so i can disprove the diet theory. plus as i said before our timing has always been close to or on ov'. only thing i can think of is the number of times dtd. in the group i am in on here all the few mums who replied that only had boys were all one time deeds too...:shrug:

Hi Rachel. Would you say DTD only once after 1st positive opk? Obviously worked for many but seems crazy that 1 time, I feel that I could lose loads of months with hoping for a one hit wonder iykwim. I'm not regular with cycles so every month could be different so I wouldn't be able to always guess when my fertile time is coming, so I'm not sure hubby be up for no sex other than when I get positive.

yes just once, it may not seem much but close to ov' you have about 20% chance of pregnancy and by doing it more wouldn't increase the % that much really...

your diet is very girl friendly though, like i said before im not sure i believe in the diet thing but may be worth a shot if you did want to sway..

yes just once, it may not seem much but close to ov' you have about 20% chance of pregnancy and by doing it more wouldn't increase the % that much really...

your diet is very girl friendly though, like i said before im not sure i believe in the diet thing but may be worth a shot if you did want to sway..

So you think it's worth doing the opk? Then would you say within hours of of first positive? When using them in the past I seemed to get 2 positives.

i would say for one shot, yes day of + would work best. your 2nd positive would probably be day you ovulate although you'd only know for sure if you temp.

i would say for one shot, yes day of + would work best. your 2nd positive would probably be day you ovulate although you'd only know for sure if you temp.

Doing opk is one thing I definitely couldn't stick to the temping. Maybe give it 3 months or something of trying the once a month then if not pregnant will go back to every other day and fx, because even how much I want a boy I wouldn't want to waste too much time. When you conceived your boys was you trying long? You probably already told me this but my mind like a sieve at the moment.

wasn't trying with thomas, 3 cycles with harry and 4 cycles with new baby.

Just found out my sister is having a boy, I'm happy for her that she was trying for nearly 6 years and 1failed ivf but my stomach dropped when she texted boy. I have 2 sisters and the other has 2 girls and a boy and I just had a sad feeling that I might end up the only one without a boy. I must sound like a selfish cow but I can't help the way I'm feeling :(

only once in fertile period yep.

ahh you never know, i thought i could only make boys! x

only once in fertile period yep.

ahh you never know, i thought i could only make boys! x

I hope so fx. I know a hard question but if you were me how long would you do the 1 time at + opk for? Do you you think 3 months is long enough? Also this a bit of a personal question but do you think as only going to be DTD to conceive once would DTD like without (like contraception, pull out) any other time of month be OK? You must be really annoyed with me with all these silly questions.

i would try and refrain for a good few days before your attempt to build the swimmers up. before that or after ov' then go for it, whenever! i may be going against what others think but its certainly been the case for us, just the once each time and both boys.
no worries ask away! :)

i would try and refrain for a good few days before your attempt to build the swimmers up. before that or after ov' then go for it, whenever! i may be going against what others think but its certainly been the case for us, just the once each time and both boys.
no worries ask away! :)

Thank you :)

I know I keep asking these questions and sound like I'm asking same ones again but because I'm only going to be using opk to detect when I ovulate and said to DTD 1 time after + opk but I was thinking if I O the day after the + then wouldn't this favour a girl more DTD the day before O? According to the dating of ultrasound they recon it was the day before O when I conceived jasmine.

i don't think there's much evidence in timing, my own experience has just been no'of attempts between conceiving a boy or a girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->