Are opk's reliable?

beth_terri

Reaction score
And are some brands better than others? Were starting to ttc next week (her period started bank holiday monday).

Thanks

You'll probably get both sides here...

My personal opinion is no...opk's are not reliable for me. I think mostly because I don't have the opportunity to test multiple times a day, which I would want to do in order to get the most accurate readings.

Mostly I say no though because you can get an LH serge detected on an OPK and not ovulate.

If you want to positively track ovulation I suggest temping. It's the only way to 100% confirm ovulation.

Temping is the only for sure way to know you ovulated

Ohh so I guess its not going to be as easy as we had hoped!! :/

For me temping is easier than an opk!! You just get in the habit of temping every morning when the alarm goes off.

That totally beats doing the pee dance twice a day for a few days in hopes of catching my LH serge! And then spending hours comparing tests to see if the line is darker.

Dont let temping scare you...sign her up on FF and watch their turtorials, they are super helpful.

But really both are good because temping can only tell you when you have ovulated, not when you may be about to. Knowing when you have already doesn't really help with timing.

I have used Internet cheapy OPKs and got my surge quite clearly on them. I tested everyday around 4-6pm and got definite positives, from CD 10 I tested three times a day the first month I used them just to be sure to catch the surge as it's more common to see it in the afternoon rather than the morning. Have you thought about a clearblue fertility monitor? Takes the stress of analysing lines away. I have a brand new one for sale for £40, just posted about it. Temping was never for me, I wanted to know when I was about to ovulate and not after the event but each to their own xx

Well we've bought a thermometer and opk's so one way or another im sure we will work it out eventually! X

I do sperm meets egg plan and I've started temping this cycle. I think OPKs are useful and I only test once a day. I fell pregnant the first time I used them, though unfortunately miscarried. I started temping because I thought I was ovulating later than the OPK suggested I might and that has been helpful too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->