• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are there any combination feeders here?

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score

I think it is time for me to slowly move my baby over to formula milk - this is just what feels right for us at this time. He seems to have a slight nipple confusion as well due to family members settling him with a dummy :(

Anyway, I am terrified of what will happen to my breasts after I stop breast feeding. I'm petrified that they will become engorged again - that was the worst pain, worse than my stitches or my graze and I reckon it took more out of me than my labour did lol.

So I'm thinking of feeding him by the breast, then pumping both breasts so I have a supply of bottled breast milk. But eventually he will be moved to formula, so it'll eventually be a combination of breast milk and formula milk.

Is there a right way to combination feed?? I just need some general advice about it.
If this isn't the right place for that advice, could you point me in the direction of the correct forum?? Thank you :flower:

Hi. I combi feed, although I didn't start until he was 8 weeks old and my supply was up. I give him a bottle at about 4 30pm each day. This is so that I know he is full and happy while I make tea and feed my two year old. He has never had any confusion (maybe because I left it for a while to start). It works well for us and I know that should I need to leave him for a couple of hours (hairdresser etc) then he will be able to have food from the bottle. Maybe it's a little selfish of me, but as you said, it works for my family x

Thank you, I am currently persevering with the breast and hoping things return to normal. X

Hey we exclusively fed until about 16 weeks then introduced a bottle every now and again as i was absolutely exhausted. It works so well for baby me partner and toddler. Perfect scenario. He sleeps a lot better. He loves it. Partner loves the bond of finally being able to feed baby. Toddler gets to spend a little more time with mummy. I get a chance to shower or sleep, and more energy to put back into things. But i've just seen babies younger than the 16 weeks we began it at so i dont really have the experience or right to give my personal opinion or any facts/advice on what to do now as haven't gone through that. Good luck whatever happens babies happy as long as they are fed :)xx

I figure I have at least done my best by giving him the best start he could have if we do end up having to switch. He will at least still get my milk through a bottle for a while. But I long for a good nap or a hot bath without worrying how long I'm taking !

I would suggest (not everyone would agree) to introduce a bottle as soon as possible, I'm trying to do a similar thing now (LO 4minths) but he will not take a bottle full stop! Having such issues!

I went to get my haircut and dh feed baby 2oz btw feeds.he had a hard time giving it to her. I honestly think she could of waited tje hr since i fed her right before i left. Mil and sil feed bottle once to. Make sure the nipple slow bc i think it created sucking issues for us. Makes me so sad that we have that issue sometimes. Gl with ur choice! And i agree a fed baby is a happy baby :)

We have introduced a bottle (hes had 3 so far) occasionally in the evenings so I can have a bath etc, also incase there was any reason I couldnt feed, but my LO hasnt had nipple confusion luckily, that was my biggest fear, but he does have a dummy too (not until day 9 due to needing comforting through a medical procedure) I would continue to pump and give him BM, even if hes not BFing at least he will be getting your milk still! And if all else fails FF isnt a bad thing! But if you do really want to BF then persevere...you will get there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->