Are there any vitamins that can help regulate my periods??

B

becks

Hiya everyone, Could anyone tell me please if there are any vitamins that I can take to regulate my periods?? And If anyone has tried them to see if they actually work.. thankyou ...Becks xxx:kiss:

I would like to know this too !
My periods have been all over the place since my MC 6 months ago
thought they wud of settled down by now :(

Someone did tell me once though that Starflower oil can help

B vitamins can be very helpful in regulating your periods - helping to ensure that your eggs develop properly and your lp is long enough. They work on your hormones. Check out the thread "Vitamin B6 - Lengthen luteal phase or increase progesterone" - is starts off being about B6 but moves onto the helpfulness of B complex.

Also try the thread "Increase your fertility chances naturally" for loads of ideas to help with conceiving and regulating your menstrual cycle.

Hope this helps,
Abi x

My chiropractor gave me Chaste Tree and yes it did work! It is slow acting so it did take a few months, but my cycles did get shorter and shorter each month. You have to take it faithfuly though to see the best results. Good luck

I was warned of Angus Cactus when i asked on here about it, i had bought some but never took it just in case i messed up my cycle totally!

I had read all good about it and it was from holland and barret a health food shop so i assumed it would be ok, but was told dont do it!!

I think just a pregnancy vitamin, you can get a conception multi vit which is supposed to do things like improve cm as well as give you the reccomended dose of folic acid. I think all the other relavant vitamins that have been suggested are in it, but not the angus cactus.
I am not taking ac for now, i wanted to encourage ovulation naturally, but i am on month 8, so if i dont get bfp soon think tbh i have nothing to loose in taking it, peoples comments just put me off for the time being!

Good luck xxx

Babythinkpink, what have you heard about it hun?? Alot of ladies do go on about it alot but if there is any chance that it could make things worse i'll not even think about giving that 1 a go... good luck TTC xx

Chasterberry (also called Agnus Cactus and Vitex) are really good to regulate your periods. Just note that if you're taking the pill, it will take at least a month or two to get into your system. It's a natural herb that stimulates your hormones (it's not a hormone itself). The liquid drops are more powerful and get into your system faster but taste horrible!
Also, drink raspberry leaf tea. This is really good for women with low progesterone. It strengthens your uterus and is completely safe to drink while pregnant.
Also, cardiovascular exercise is good for you too.
Good luck!

I don't think raspberry leaf tea is sfe to drink during pregnancy precisely because of the effect on the uterus. When you're approaching giving birth you're told that it's safe to drink after 37 weeks, when its uterus-toning properties will help the uterus contract effectively when you're giving birth. It's great to drink after birth as ithelps th euterus return to its pre-pregnancy size.

Chaste berry (agnus castus/vitex) can make your cycle shorter if you have a short cycle, but will help regulate periods otherwise. If you're ttc, don't take it after ov, in case you fall pregnant.

Abi x

Babythinkpink, what have you heard about it hun?? Alot of ladies do go on about it alot but if there is any chance that it could make things worse i'll not even think about giving that 1 a go... good luck TTC xx

Hiya,
I cant even remember what was said now, I put up a thread saying 'any advice on angus cactus ar anyone taking it wanna join me', and got a few replies just saying ''dont do it, i did and it totally messed up my cycle.''
So I didnt take it and thought if i was still trying and had nothing to loose i would try it.
All i read when i googled was that it encouraged ovulation, but i could not find any success stories which is why i posted the thread and got negative response about it!

I think fresh pineapple is good at preparing the uterus for ttc (b4 conception not after), and rasberry leaf tea is about the workings of womb, it is suggested for ladies who are over due date and it is supposed to help the womb expand and contract, although i tried it on 2 late pregnancys and it did sod all!!
It is difficult because one person will say one thing and someone else another, i dont dissagree with anyone, just what i have either been told or found out for myself!

found this on rasberry leaf tea
Caution: Because raspberry leaf has a stimulating effect on the uterus, it should be avoided during the early stages of pregnancy (before 32 weeks). If you are in any doubt about taking this product, you should seek medical advice.

Naturally i am not sure there is much you can do other than be healthy and not smoke, possibly yoga, if not for anything but to relax a bit with the ttc lark! It is something you can continue, i found it greatly helped with childbirth doing yoga during my second pregnancy.
Having said that obese, smokers fall pregnant every day so who knows when it comes to our bodies!!

Good luck in ttc, i have tried to chill about it and just enjoy all the bd while it lasts :haha:

:baby:thinkpink xx

I'd recommend trying Conception Multi-vitamins to start; ie: Pregnacare Conception. At least everything is already the correct dosage, they contain all the B vitamins that are recommended and known to help regulate your cycle and you know for sure it's 100% safe.

Pregnacare etc are only a dietary and folic acid supplement which help before pregnancy and then provide for your baby. The vitamin B content isn't anywhere near high enough to help regulate your periods.
Abi x

I have PCOS, am 31 years old, and my husband and I have struggled for the past 9 years with infertility. I finally found the right combo of vitamins for myself, and have completely reversed my PCOS. No symptoms at all and I’m ovulating regularly. My periods used to range from 36 to 87 days apart. Now they’re consistently 29 days apart with positive OPK’s each cycle. This is my 5th cycle since I started this new daily regimen.
Here’s what I do daily:
100mg B6
4000iu D3
800mcg Folic Acid
1 tablet Super B Complex
1 Royal Jelly capsule daily (until the day of ovulation)
2 daily multivitamin and mineral supplement (I use my son’s children’s gummy vitamins, this is why I use 2)
Everything except the children’s vitamins are Spring Valley brand, which I purchased at Walmart.

Since starting on this, my PCOS symptoms have disappeared. No weird hair growth. No dandruff. No acne. Regular periods.

That's quite a routine, I too have long periods and been told my progesterone levels are low and that i wasn't ovulating because of this. I'm willing to try anything that will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->