are u gonna beastfeed?

I would like to give it my best - but I have to admit it scares me quite a bit!

I'll hopefully be breastfeeding again. Might tandem feed with DD2, just depends if she's still BF'ing at the time...

lol sorry about the beast feedin i didnt no how 2 change it! lol

katie m i agree wiv u! its never really wanted 2 try it i dont no y!
i want my oh 2 have feedin time wiv the baby 2 and pumpin takes alot of time!
thanx 4 ur replys :)

Definately, I'm so glad I breastfed Aaron and hopefully it will be a bit easier next time.

Hmmm... looks like im the only one who doesn't particularly want to try! :blush:
Id rather the feeding was shared with the daddy too, and bottle feeding is quicker, n fills em up better therefore letting em sleep longer! :sleep: I read somewhere that an hours breast feeding is the same as 20 mins bottle feeding (obv, never experienced either, so not sure of how accurate that is!)

i know that breast feeding has exactly the correct amount of nutrients and antibodies etc, therefore making babies healthier... but.... me n my 2 sisters were bottle fed and were very healthy babies, healthy children and have turned into perfectly healthy adults (no allergies, and very resistant to stomach bugs etc), whereas OH and his sis ( and sunsequently her 2 babies) were breast fed and are always moaning about some illness or other, and werent particularly healthy babies. I know that there are a million and one variants to take into account, but overall it hasnt had any sort of detrimental effect on me n my family! lol! And bottle feeding does seem to share the workload! I suppose i could express, but thats just like me feeding a pretend baby, then hubby feeding the real baby- 2 lots of feeding time!

Maybe i'll change my mind once i actually have a baby? But at the moment i can confidently say i dont feel the need to try it!
:muaha:

Nope, you aren't the only one hun, I feel the same, I think we will probably bottle feed, although, like you say, things may change.

xxx

if any of you when the time comes or even now want to ask any questions about breastfeeding then feel free to message me as i was a breastfeeding advisor for surstart when my son was tiny and i stil have all my gumpf an i can look up anything almost that you would like to know!
take care all
xxx

Most mum's find it hard at first, but say it's worth sticking at. It's an amazing bonding experience!

I really want to try breastfeeding when the time comes.

Beca:wave:

Sorry...just had to :rofl: at the beastfeeding :lol:

If you want to change it you just need to edit the first post, then click on 'Go Advanced' or whatever the advanced button says. Or you can double click on the thread title in the WTT section! x

Whenever i see the title of this thread i burst out into giggles, i'm so immature sometimes!

But yes, I intended to with Seb, and I intend to with the next but I wont beat myself up if I'm not successful :)

Yes, but it would be so much easier with more than 3 mos maternity leave. *stomps off*

I would love to breastfeed as i have asthma and i know that breast is best.

My only concern is that yeah i would bond with baby etc but is it possible to also use bottle? can you extract your milk into bottle so its still get the best milk just a different way so partner can feed he/she

Sorry not really looked into this much

Lyndsay

You can pump breast milk into a bottle,but it's usually not recommended for breastfeeding mums to try that until after the bf relationship is established. I think I heard that after 6 weeks is the time??? Some babies have difficulty switching between breast and bottle b/c the sucking mechanism is completely different.

There are definitely other ways dad can bond. One example is dad can take babe for a walk in a backpack. :)

I breastfed my daughter for 7.5 months and then had to stop because my supply pretty much disappeared. She lost half a pound in 3 months so her pediatrician had me pump to see what I got, and I only pumped a total of 1.5oz in a half hour of pumping, so I had to start with bottle feeding.

Next time around I plan on breastfeeding again, hopefully for a year.

I hope to breastfeed. I'm gonna give it my best shot but won't let it take over my life. And beastfeed also made me giggle. :rofl: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->