Are we doing this right?

Simbalove

Reaction score
Hi all

I know we are not doing as per the guidelines but could you tell me if anyone else does this and all ok?

Our baby is happy to take formula at room temp so we make up 2 bottles at a time with the kettle - keep one out to call to room temp and put one in the fridge. We then add the formula when at room temp and needed?

Is this ok? I read so many different ways!

I honestly don't think it matters. When my son was on formula we made his bottles and stored in the fridge b/c we were told they were good for 24 ours. It was easy.

My dd only likes warm milk so we have to make her bottles each time as you can't microwave formula.

Are you putting a premade bottle in the fridge? Is that what you are asking about?

No we literally boil the water put in bottle, leave to cool to room temp and then add formula when ready to use?

This works for us but Is this worse than adding formula to boiling water and storing in the fridge? So confusing I'm not sure what's for the best as waiting 30 mins for the kettle to cool down is crazy with a screaming baby

No I think you are fine! You def don't want to let formula cool and then let it warm back up but just the water is ok.

U need to add ur formula powder to water thats at least 79 degrees to kills all the bacterial, then I can cool it (and store in fridge If necessary) and you can warm it when requires

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->