are you counting kicks?

tina426

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I'm 21+4 todayand I've been lucky and feeling our little boy move for about 2 weeks now. A good friend is/was very pregnant (a little girl bitten just 8 days ago!) And introduced me to a kick counting app. My doctor's office recommends monitoring movement after 26 weeks. Doesn't give anything in terms of guidelines just if you feel reduced movement call us....

What's everyone else feeling here? There really doesn't seem to be a guideline for once you feel movement but before 3rd tri. I might be expecting too much, some days its like he's actually dancing around in there, literally counting 40-50 kicks and that's when i have my phone on me to count (probably minus like 4-5hrs a day when I'm running around at work)....and then sometimes days like today when I've had maybe 10/15...

Pretty sure come tomorrow he'll be dancing again and I'll feel silly, but i can't help but worry a little?

ya i think its still i bit too early as baby can be facing your back sometimes and kick in a direction you can't even feel so it wouldn't count and they aren't really regulated sleep patterns yet.. I think I also heard to start beyond 26 weeks just to keep your mind from worrying on days you don't feel too much movement!

If you google count the kicks there's a charity with loads of advice on there website. They say to count periods of movements rather than kicks and over the next few weeks you will learn your baby's movement patterns and it's just about keeping an eye on them. All baby's are different. They also sell a band that you can wear on your arm that has a counter on it x

I just tent to try and notice if I go more than 1.5 hour without feeling anything at all I will have a rest and see what I can feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->