Are you getting your 5 a day?

Smoothies! I blend 3-4 fruits with yoghurt... easy & delicious!!

Most days I think I do - how much is a portion? 1 serving spoon or 2?

Today I have not eaten too well - too much junk, and now I feel bloated and sluggish so Im going to try and be good tomorrow.

Today I had:
Hot sausage roll and crisps at 9:30am
1 Satsuma and kiwi and a chocolate bar at 12 noon
3 potato waffles and cheese at 2pm
4 small cookies at 3:30pm!!
2 chipolatta sauages, half a potato, serving spoon of brocolli, carrot and sweede mash and red cabbage.

I never fancy the idea of fruit and veg. but I actually enjoy it once I have it and feel better too.

For those that are struggling maybe just get some frozen or canned stuff in so you dont get put off by the cooking. I have some dried dates that are yummy and sweet and count.

I end up eating a small cooked meal on top of all the junk in the day and have to force it down for the baby!! I keep forgetting to take the multi-vitamin and just take folic acid so I try to eat the fruit and veg.

Im going to try to be good tomoz - easier said than done!

Never thought about things like onions and mushrooms counting! when you put it like that then maybe i am getting it all in !!

Im defo going to give smoothies a go.. and get some tinned fruit!! I bet tinned is cheaper? xx

Tinned is definitely cheaper but I don't think you get as much as you would with paying the extra for fresh!.

I loved tinned Pineapple :p but I don't like regular pineapple I am clearly weird, some things just taste better from cans!.

I'm not a big fruit eater but I usually eat a salad with dinner (lettuce, tomato and cucumber). A few days a week I'll drink a bottle of V8 juice. It has 3 servings of veg and tastes yummy (though I know not everyone likes it).

V8 is a great choice I have never tried it and always thought the combination sounds a little weird but it is a quick easy way of getting your daily intake and my SO drinks it alot.

Yeh i have tried those before and they made me gag lol.

Its a shame fruit juice only counts as 1 a day no matter how much you drink! I drink it all day but it doesnt count lol x

hmm i was actually thinking about this the other day! At the moment i seem to have gone off all my usuall sources of goodness, the thought of most of the veg i normally eat makes me want to vomit. However i have developed somewhat of a fetish for frozen peas which i don't usually eat! I do ok on the fruit front - tend to have strawberrys and blueberrys on my cereal (cereal has raisins etc in it too which count) and then i have one or 2 other peices during the day. I buy innocent smothies (2 portions of your 5) for a boost or if i can be bothered i make one (if you add rolled oats to strawberrys, bannanas, a bit of juice and yoghut) you get a smoothy with slow release energy, some of your 5 a day and some calcium - got it from a preggy magazine and its lovely. Innocent also do veg pots that you can stick in the microwave for lunch - if yo ucan stand them they count as another 3 portions!
All i really want toasted cheese sandwhiches and chips!

Birdseye steam fresh veg, 3 mins in the microwave and its 2 portions of veg.

this is gonna possibly sound a bit weird, but when i can't face an actual piece of fruit, i'll eat a pot of baby fruit puree, i'm sure it's not the same, but must be better than nothing!
if you check the ingredients, you'll see that a lot of them have only fruit in them, no added sugar etc.. now i don't rely on these all the time, usually i'll make myself a milkshake, just bung bananas, and whatever berries i have to hand, a bit of honey and milk in a blender, put the pots are really yummy!
I also have them for breakfast, i mix a fruit pot, a pot of natural yogurt(or any flavour) and some instant porridge oats, and mix it all together(don't heat,have cold), it makes a change from same old healthy porridge all the time, it's really tasty too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->