are you having the flu jab??

sally88

Reaction score
I reallyyyy can't decide what to do!! I hear it is safe but part of me still worries about having it..... Wish I could make my mind up!

I had my flu jab before my midwife appointment. It's personal choice if you wish to do so or not. I get one yearly as I'm asthmatic so for me it was no different. Although I would as I've had norovirus this pregnancy, thanks to DS picking it up from school, and that was more than enough to flatten me and has taken me 5 days to recover.

Nope, but then again I rarely get sick even a cold. Last time I got sick where I was throwing up was back in jan. 2005.

I usually have it because I work at a hospital on an inpatient ward. I have never had the flu before.

I had mine last week, i didn't even have any symptoms from it (except the usual achy arm that i used a hot flannel and massaged it - it was fine in a couple of days)

I've had the flu in the past and i wouldn't want that again let alone when pregnant!

I have heard it is fine any time in pregnancy. I think I may wait until my 12 weeks scan than have it.

unless recommendations change i'll be getting the flu shot. I have the last 2 pregnancies

Yep. I had it with DD at about 30w and ill get it again this pregnancy at 16w :) x

I didn't with dd but am this time as my friend got the flu last year pregnant and got pneumonia and ended up very ill so I'm Def getting it this time

I had it with my first pregnancy and am having it again on Saturday. I've had flu before and it was truly horrific. I certainly wouldn't want it whilst pregnant. X

i had my flu shot two days before i found out i was pregnant at 8 dpo. baby is fine and has a beautiful heartbeat of 174. plus they're measuring 2 days ahead of how far along i am which is completely normal. its recommended because having the flu while pregnant culd be fatal since the body is already hard at work taking care of two. the flu has the potential to take out people who arent pregnant who's bodies arent working as hard. it would be overwhelming for the body if it had to fight off such a harsh virus. im so glad i had the flu shot when i did. i cant recall ever having the flu and ive had the flu shot every year since i was a kid.

I got mine 2 days ago xx
Only had a sore arm from it and that's it

I have booked to have a my flu jab on Friday.
I was talking to the gp who I work with as I get on with him really well. He highly recommended it so I am going ahead....
I was just worried it would harm my baby but it would seem not xx

Yes definitely. The pros far majorly weigh out the cons!

I will be denying the flu shot and well as the dtap. Neither are proven safe or effective in pregnant women or their fetus. You can find the package inserts online.

I always get sick with the flu. Once a year, it never fails. So I got it last time and for once in my life, no flu. I'll be getting it this time as well.

I'm in nursing school so I must keep updated with the flu shot but I would recommend it either way.

I got mine as I work with children. I didn't last pregnancy and my DS got sick after being born. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->