are you having the flu jab??

In the UK (which is where the Original Poster is from), it is completely safe for pregnant women to have the flu jab.
It is recommended because the immunity passes on from the mother to the baby, and protects baby during the first few months of their life.
Furthermore, if a pregnant women gets the flu during pregnancy, it can be very fatal.

The flu jab itself does not contain any active strains of flu. So the jab itself can not make you ill. But it does take the body 2-3 weeks to build up the immunity to the strains of flu.

Source: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/pages/flu-influenza-vaccine.aspx

I got it last pregnancy and had it this time too. The preservative free version. I have asthma so it's not worth the risk for me to get the flu given the effect just a cold can have on my breathing.

Had my flu jab yesterday, only problem with it is the sore arm it gave me afterwards lol!!

Put a hot flannel over the muscle and massage it, made mine better much quicker :thumbup:

Me and my 3 year old had it this morning. His was squirted up his nose. My now dead arm wishes mine was! Lol x

Me and my 3 year old had it this morning. His was squirted up his nose. My now dead arm wishes mine was! Lol x

my husband is an immunization tech in the air force and gives shots all day long - flu shots, vaccines, and any other shots airmen need before they get deployed to all corners of the earth. if you're in the military, you have to get one or the other, your choice, but family members can choose if they want to get the flu shot/mist or not. of those people, if you are pregnant, they only offer you the shot, as opposed to the mist.:shrug:

i got my shot a couple months ago, way before i got pregnant, because my husband wouldn't let me leave his office without it:roll: but i would still have gotten it had i been pregnant, for what it's worth.:thumbup:

yep on wednesday im having flu jab in one arm whooping cough in other lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->