are you more likely to go into labour earlier with second baby?

Both my babies came on their due dates so not earlier, my second baby was quicker though if that gives you hope

my first was 3 days late, and my second 2 weeks early (but there as only a year between them so my body was probably sick of being pregnant!)

My first was a day early and second 10 days early, I agree though I think every pregnancy is different

My first came 3 days late and my second came 4 weeks early!!

Wasn't true for me my daughter came on her due date and my son came 6 days late. Babies come when they want I don't think when they come has anything to do with wether babies your 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 10th :)

Nope, not for me. My first came at 37+4, second at 40+10 so not far off four weeks later than the first.

My second was a much quicker labour though, particularly the pushing (3 min for the second, 2 hours and venteuse for the first!).

First time babies are more likely to go over so I guess with that in mind a lot of second time babies will be earlier and it does seem to be that way for most people I know but it isn't always the case.

I was 2 days late with Ds1 and 2 days (I think 4 days from my dates though) early with DS2. My mum was about on time with me but my younger brother was born 2 weeks early. So it was that way for us.

nope first 10 days early second had waters broken at 41 weeks ( due to previous csection)

DD1 was 10 days early
DD2 was 11 days early

I was 2 weeks overdue and DH was 10 days early, so I guess they both take after their dad:haha:

They say that first babies are often late whereas 2nd babies are often early. I only have the one and I was expecting her to arrive late but she was 11 days early.

My mum's three kids, the first was late, 2nd on due date and 3rd early.

I soooo wished it were the case!

DS1 was 13 days late
DS2 was 18 days late.
The saying didn't work for me.

thanks everyone really appreciate it. i am also wondering if you have them close together would it make a difference my midwife just says theres no pattern but i wanted to see other peoples experiences :)

first - induced at +14 and born at +18

second - induced at +14 and born at +15

thanks everyone really appreciate it. i am also wondering if you have them close together would it make a difference my midwife just says theres no pattern but i wanted to see other peoples experiences :)

Mine are 13 months apart, so in my case, yes! Having them close together may have had something to do with my second coming 4 weeks early!! I knew she would come early the whole pregnancy!! I seemed to follow my mothers pattern, first coming a few days late and second coming a few weeks early!! Also, baby girls are more likely to be early and baby boys are more likely to be late!!

Mine should be 13 months apart, DD was born at 40+2 and I'll keep you posted about DD#2, I'm 37+5 and no signs of coming early yet.

Update: am now 39+4 and no signs yet.

Had my dd at 39+1...still pregnant with no 2 at 39+6 and thinking i'll prob go overdue!

First was 41+2 and second was 39+6 my labour was also quicker with ds2 and pushing was a lot quicker too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->