ARGH!!! ANOTHER Rant Im afraid!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
GOD SAKE!!! :hissy:

Im so angry and I hate that all I seem to be doing is moaning at the moment!!

BUT.... I just went to the cash point and got a mini statement to find that my 1st weeks pay was £20.80!!! I MEAN WTF?!?!?!?! :hissy::hissy::hissy:

I phoned the restaurant and got someone to open my pay slip and it seems that its a tax rebate rather than my mat pay starting!!!
JEEZ I mean ARE THEY THICK?? STUPID?? or IGNORANT???

Some of you may remember me complaining of my employers anyway!! And I have written a letter to them explaining Im not happy about the hours Ive lost due to antenatel appointments and the fact they did no risk assessment!! I havent given the letter in yet because I wanted to see what they are basing my 90% on!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRR :hissy::hissy::hissy: they are so unprofessional!! I even took it on my self to phone HR myself and give them a leave date!! They wasnt bothered in getting it from me!?!?!

Sorry girls for this rant.... but I really am so annoyed!! £20..... i mean where is that going to get me??? :hissy::hissy::hissy:

Maybe you need to scare them. Tell them that you are going to report them as violating your pregnancy in the workplace rights if they don't get their act together immediately. Download a copy of the rights and quote something relevant at them.
I have always felt that you catch more flies with honey, but if being polite and proactive isn't getting you anywhere, then take the gloves off and let them have it. Just be sure to have your facts in line first, and when addressing them think ice cold anger, not screaming rage. Don't give them an excuse to dismiss you as hormonal.
I would also slip in a few good guilt trips about how bad this kind of stress is for the baby and how disappointed you are to be treated like this when you have done everything in your power to be a good employee and to make this pregnancy leave easier for them.
Last time I checked, pregnancy wasn't a crime, so don't let them treat you like that.

thanks hun.... thats great advice!!! But your right this stress is unnecessary and not fair!!!

Plus Ive just eaten THREE smarties ring doughnuts cos Im frustrated lol....!! Im going to chill now with my tissues (for the nose streaming issue) and watch the rest of Junior :):)

When should they have started paying you MAT leave? And when are they going to pay it since you were expecting it?

What are your contracted hours per week? Thats what your 90% will be based on hun x

When should they have started paying you MAT leave? And when are they going to pay it since you were expecting it?

What are your contracted hours per week? Thats what your 90% will be based on hun x

I left on the 7th july I think it was... so it worked out that I should have had my first weeks mat pay to me on fri!!

I have no contracted hours so it will go on a pro rata'd basis over the year!! Thats why Im intrigued to what they come up with... as I know a previous employee had problems with what they felt was 90%!!

Office doesnt open till mon so Im ringing them then.... as with my letter for the other things they have done unlawful!!

Really hope you get this sorted soon hun. It's so unfair all the grief you've had with your employers during this pregnancy.
xx
:hug:

:hug: Don't know much about the mat pay things (not receiving any myself plus I'm in Canada :lol:) But that does sound really crappy of them, hope you get it worked out soon

I once worked for a wretched restaurant that thought the labour code was optional. I wound up getting the labour board involved.
It took some work on my part, but I felt very strongly that someone had to stand up to them.
It isn't an easy decision, especially when you have baby just around the corner, but filing a complaint could be your best route if they don't treat you fairly.
It shows them that you won't be pushed around and they then have some explaining to do to whatever agency governs all this stuff. It doesn't look good for them.
And the next pregnant women they deal with will be very very grateful to you!
It just depends whether you have the energy for it. Right now, I am in the angry ranting part of pregnancy, so I'm spoiling for a fight!:)
If you are feeling tired or sick, though - this may not be the right choice.
If you think about it, we are what, the 2nd generation of women to have rights around pregnancy in the workplace? It takes the Neanderthals a while to catch up with progressive legislation, unfortunately.

oh no dont worry hun.... Im ready for a fight :bodyb:

Ill keep you updated with my progress!!! Ive worked out I have lost 20 hours or so since being preg due to my mw appointments that they literally "worked" around and I lost hours!!! Im determined to get them back!!

:hugs:

Go get 'em, sister!
Hell hath no fury like a pregnant woman scorned!

If it helps you could go to CAB to help get your attack plan together?

omg thats a bit harsh!! have they come back to you yet hun?

omg thats a bit harsh!! have they come back to you yet hun?

well i phoned the office this morning... very grumpy and tired on the way to my mw appointment and I didnt really ask for an explanation but apparently Ive got double (2 weeks worth) going in on friday!! So fingers crossed!!

I will add the frustrations its caused me in my letter though!! Grrr :hissy:!!

:hug:

Glad you have kind of got it sorted Kerry...I was thinking that you either get 90% of your wages for 6 weeks or if that is lower than stat pay you get that instead. So if you get less than £118 a week they have got it completely wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->