Argh chipped a tooth! Can it wait for a dentist?

lau86

Reaction score
We're going on holiday on Sunday! It's a chip in a filled tooth, now the filling is exposed if you get me? It feels huge in my mouth but the piece was pretty small.
It'll be two weeks before I can see the dentist, can anyone put my mind at ease in this, will it be ok?

I chipped my tooth also, about 2 months later is when the pain started, really bad, I had to go recently for a root canal. I mean we are all different but you will eventually be in pain, but I don't think right away.. Good Luck :flower:

OP i'd try see an emergency dentist for a temp solution until it can be properly fixed.

I chipped my tooth also, about 2 months later is when the pain started, really bad, I had to go recently for a root canal. I mean we are all different but you will eventually be in pain, but I don't think right away.. Good Luck :flower:

Was the root canal painful? I'm due one on Monday!

OP i'd try see an emergency dentist for a temp solution until it can be properly fixed.

Was the root canal painful? I'm due one on Monday!

No, they gave me a BIG needle to numb everything. I just get nervous when they drill, that sound zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, but I could not feel a thing. The only thing that really bothered me was my mouth stayed numb for like 6 hours after I left the office. I was dribbling and babbling like an idiot :wacko:

I rang the dentist and they said it wasn't really an emergency. I'm inclined to agree, I just need something as a temporary measure- they recommended a DIY filling?!
So I've bought the kit just gotta see if it works!

I don't see it as an emergency really. They will most likely put a cap on the tooth so it really doesn't matter if it discolors or has cosmetic damage. However, if it starts to hurt then I think you should run in and have it at least looked at. Good luck with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->