arghhh damn insect bites!!!

smelly07

Mummy of 2 girls & wifey
Reaction score
i dont usually get bitten but this summer i have been bitten 4 times in the last two weeks by some creature....(not fleas).......they are big itchy bites and the first one near my ankle has started itching again even though it had got better and scabbed over .......so itchy.... its horrid! :wacko:

does anybody have any anti insect remedies?..... know anything that helps the itchyness? (i am using cream..doesnt help much)...or is there any scents they do not like that i can use in the house or anything to stop them choosing me when out and about?

any ideas, do's, dont's would be appreciated thanks x

I swear by this stuff: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smidge-S...se-flies-fleas-ticks-/390439489207#vi-content

Midges LOVE me, and this is the only thing I've found which keeps them away.

In terms of soothing the bite, I had a pen type thingy which worked well, but I think it has to be applied when the bite is fairly recent. I just got it in Boots - https://www.boots.com/en/After-Bite-14ml_2293/

I've always used the remedies from Asda/Boots, they've always worked well for me :) X

I agree with PP with the after bite stuff - If I ever sit in grass I get bitten by whatever lives in their - any and everything - as well as huge itchy red rashes because I'm allergic to grass :dohh: and it's always helped mine :) x

thanks guys....i googled and it came up with a wrist band you can wear as anyone tried these?

also is it normal for a bite to get better and scab over and then the scab fall off and become itchy again ?.....the one on my ankle is so itchy and on the area allaround it.....its like a new bite altogteher?

i feel sorry for people who get bitten regularly ....its horrible x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->