Aristocrats Wool COvers anyone?

mommyhav

Reaction score
I just purchased two Aristcrats wool diaper covers online they are canadian made so i dont know if many people have tried them...they are pricey too! are most wool covers pricey? they say that they are very very breathable and they are great for nighttime as they allow for breathing and the baby is able to sleep as the wettness evaporates more easily. I think that is the problem with some of my diapers that have a more plasticy texture to the cover. they also say that they only need to be washed every two weeks ! unless they get pooped on of course. anyone use this type of diaper? i was looking for some overnight help so this is what i decided on.

I don't think the brand really matters, all wool is pretty much the same in what it does. You just need to lanolise them and you only need to wash and relanolise if it gets soiled or starts to let leaks through.

Wool doesn't retain bad smells for some reason. Mine still smells like the woolwash some 4 weeks later and not a trace of urine odour!

You need wool wash and lanolin. I Just use the leftover lanolin I had for BFing when I needed it.

You need wool wash and lanolin. I Just use the leftover lanolin I had for BFing when I needed it.

oh, like the cream you put on your nipples? i still have some of that, i dont ever use it. and wool wash you can get at the grocery store?

northern essence and sheepish grins are two american online stores that sell woolwash and lanolin :thumbup:

i use lansinoh for cracked skin and baby bath :)

1 tsp baby bath, 1/4tsp lansinoh in a mug of boiling water, mix it all up nice till the lansinoh melts, then fill washing up bowl with lukewarm water, add the mug of hot water, melted lansinoh and baby bath and swish, add the wool and swish a tiny bit, leave to soak ovvernight, in morning, press water out (dont wring!) then i put them in the washer on spin, i just use normal fast spin, doesnt do any damage to them as far as ive seen and helps them dry a LOT quicker! put them to dry flat and youre done, if you spin they dry in maybe a day?:

x

oh, like the cream you put on your nipples? i still have some of that, i dont ever use it. and wool wash you can get at the grocery store?

I'm not sure if that will be the right wool wash? Either way, you need those and you need to wash/lanolise by hand.

This helped me: https://www.diaperpin.com/clothdiapers/article_howtolanolizewool.asp

These are really nice. I use them with the little boy I nanny. I've never noticed ANY odor and I've only been leaked on once and that was more because the diaper wasn't fastened properly and it leaked out the leg a little bit, ewww, but not really a big deal...

Those Aristocrats look really wierd! Are they better once they are on?

Wool covers are AMAZING! I just love them. I've got a gorgeous one called a skirtaloon, which is a sort of pantaloons with a pleated style skirt attached, and I had custom made, so it fits perfectly. I could choose the colour, style and sizes, so it's really great, as I have a beanpole!

I use solid lanolin - 1/4 tsp on boiling water till it melts, and then I add just a drop of baby shampoo to emulsify it, and make the mixture up with cold water to about 1 litre. I do it in a 5 litre ice cream tub, and then just soak it overnight, squeeze out as much as I can the next morning, wrap it in a towel and walk all over it, and then put it flat on top of the boiler. It takes a long time to dry when it's been lanolised, but I hardly ever have to do it anyway. Apparently it's the lanolin itself which does the cleaning and smell stopping, but it's amazing how well it works

Lanolin is the same thing that is in retrievers (dogs) coats... We used to make sure that we always paid special attention to the dogs during the winter so our hands didn't get chapped in the cold air (not that we didn't pay attention to them in the summer too though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->