aromotherpay smells for labour

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by number1, Aug 31, 2009.

1. number1

number1 Active Member

HI all i am 36 weeks today!!! yay!! and i have decided that i am gonig to try and labour at home for as long as i can before i go to the hospital.. so i have a fitness ball.. hot water bottle.... and i am really wanting an aromotherpay smell of some kind to either have on a hanky to breathe in or do have burning in an oil burner. What smells to reccomend or have you tried??:happydance:

2. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

Oooo what a lovely idea, I'm forever burning incense sticks so don't know why I didn't think of this! I'll be interested to hear a few ideas as well! :D

3. duffers

duffers Well-Known Member

I've bought clary sage and lavender oil.

4. MandaAnda

MandaAnda Well-Known Member

I know I'm not supposed to be here, but I do like to lurk!

In the Birth Skills book I'm reading, they talk about the above-mentioned essential oils on tissues and also lemon and peppermint oils. If I can think of other ones they talk about, I'll post them.

5. WilliamsAd19

WilliamsAd19 Pregnant 2nd Trimester :)

ive got clary sage for helping along contractions and lavender for relaxation and pain. Apparently rose helps aswell? Not sure what for tho!