Arrggh - Not another setback

TinkerbellB

Reaction score
Hi

I've been reading the forums on this site for a while but I'm a bit shy and somehow keep thinking I'll jinx things if I discuss the pregnancy with anyone but I'm just sooo annoyed right now I needed to share!!

I'm 11 weeks pregnant today and have had a horrid horrid preg so far. First of all starting bleeding almost as soon as i found out I was preggers and had awful cramps so had to get early scans (2 as first one was inconclusive). That was fine but still getting lots of pain and NHS wouldn't really even discuss it with me just said wait for next scan (in two weeks) but was getting really upset and convinced it had gone wrong so had a private scan and it was all wonderful (Babybond is sooo worth the money!).

So finally letting myself feel optomistic and start thinking about having a baby and getting excited and I come into work today to find that one of the guys I work with has a son who's just been told he has slapped cheek disease (nope I'd never heard of it either) and that it's fine but not good for pregnant women - then he says oh realising! So I look into it and it's not good and you can't tell if you have it until you get a rash up to 20 days after getting it so he might have it and won't know.

I've been told by midwife to go for blood tests to see if i'm immune tomorrow and I've moved to the other end of the office (he was being stroppy about it when I asked if he could stay away from me). I'm just hoping I'm immune or he is or I haven't caught it yet.

WAAHHH

don't let it ruin your excitement.You're doing all the right things. We probably all come accross people with stuff every day in shops or whatever and it seems worse when it is at work, and there probably isn't that much more risk.Sounds good to keep away tho. How dare he be stroppy!:hug:

How dare he be stroppy with you grrrrr. Try not to worry honey I'm sure it will all be fine x

Hi, read your post a little earlier and then happened to be reading all the NHS info and saw this:

Parvovirus B19 (slapped cheek disease)
Parvovirus B19 infection is common in children and causes a characteristic red rash on the face, so it is often called ‘slapped cheek disease’. Although 60% of women are immune to this infection, parvovirus is highly infectious and can be harmful to the baby. Any pregnant woman who comes into contact with someone who is infected should seek advice from her doctor. Immunity can be checked with a blood test. In most cases the baby is not affected when a pregnant woman is infected with the virus.

I think the positive part is that most babies will not be affected if you contract the virus.
Hopefully the blood tests will tell you that you are in the 60% of women who are immune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->